The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Missingno.... and Kangaskhan

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missingno.... and Kangaskhan
abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 10:22 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heres some fun ways to make a weird kangaskhan. OK, catch a missingno... I recommend a Level 0 one... now before you use a rare candy to make it a kangaskhan.. teach it some TM/HMs!

Heres some TMs I found out a L-0 'M' can learn but kangakshan can't:

Fly
Cut
Thunderwave
swords dance
teleport
razor wind
tri attack
psychic
sky attack (well it comes with that, so I'm pretty sure it can learn the TM)

There may be more, but... well..... I didn't have that much time to find out

------------------
"And sometimes you see things that aren't there (Like what?)
Like fat woman in G-strings with orange hair
(Mr. Shady what's a G-string?) It's yarn Claire
Women stick 'em up their behinds, go out and wear 'em"

--"The Kids" by Eminem

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
articool
Farting Nudist
Member # 65

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 10:26 PM      Profile for articool   Email articool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or better yet, teach it the TMs, put it in the PC, and take it out as a Rhydon!

------------------
BOB wants to fight!
BOB sent out MEWTWO!
GO! MAGIKARP!
MAGIKARP used SPLASH!
It's super effective!
MEWTWO fainted!
BOB: What the, how did...
BOB is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
BOB: Why the @$%! did I just hit myslef?

From: Needham, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 10:34 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I wonder what Nintendo's take on that would be? I bet they'd leave it as tournament legal...

I mean, you didn't cheat, and can show them how to do it...

This is a gray area, but nowhere near as the one that will come around when someone figures out how to catch a Mew (if it doesn't show up in R/B/Y someone just may in G/S).

------------------
-cfalcon

"Body Slam + Confuse Ray = Fucking annoying!"
-Iyse

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Annon
Farting Nudist
Member # 566

Rate Member
posted 06-20-2000 10:40 PM      Profile for Dark Annon   Email Dark Annon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or the day when people find a Serebii code...

------------------

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 11:34 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, knowing Nintendo, the moment you mention Missingno in your explanation, they will have an excuse to DQ you, since it says NO Missingnos.

------------------
"It's a revolving door of Pokémon!"

TeeJay
AIM: daBIGTom
e-mail: dabigtom@yahoo.com

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
magmar5
Farting Nudist
Member # 592

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 08:14 PM      Profile for magmar5   Author's Homepage   Email magmar5   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's fun and I tick of my friends a lot

------------------
-magmar5

ThePokemasters- magmar5

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-10-2001 10:49 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went to an offical Nintendo Tournament thing possibly a few years ago, it was for RBY I think, (either way G/S didn't exist)... anyway...

On the offical rules one of em was somethin like "no use of a glitch"

Those were possibly not the EXACT words, but what was implied was if you managed to cheat the programming code, even without a gameshark, it was illegal (i.e. Missingno)

-MK

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 06-11-2001 12:28 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tried the Rhydon trick, but it just froze the game. After reseting, I tried giving it a rare candy and stopping its evolution. I then tried boxing it. It didn't do anything, but it also didn't freeze! I'm guessing the game simply can't do the recalculations of stats at level 0 that it usually does when you take a pokemon out its box. Another thing I noticed is that after I let it evolve into kangaskahn (after giving it T-wave and SD ), it said it had like 700000 more experience to the next level, which was level 4! I boxed it and then it came out at level 9! I caught another 'M and evolved it, and let it fight in one battle. Even though it said 700000 to the next level, it just went to the next level with about 183 exp. Wierd...

------------------
...we ...will ...TAKE YOU!
-the Beast from Homeworld: Cataclysm, infecting a ship

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2001 04:24 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:
Heres some fun ways to make a weird kangaskhan. OK, catch a missingno... I recommend a Level 0 one... now before you use a rare candy to make it a kangaskhan.. teach it some TM/HMs!

Fly
Cut
Thunderwave
swords dance
teleport
razor wind
tri attack
psychic

1337, a Thunder Wave Rhydon!

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2001 09:28 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The question isn't if Nintendo would consider it illegal, but what about other people, say, on PBS? It's as legal as duping TM's, which almost everyone does. SHOULD it be allowed?

------------------
"Special effects made by Industrial Light and Morons"
-MST3K

"He has a small black and white color television."
-Ch. 13, about McVeigh

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2001 03:28 AM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say it shouldn't be legal.

Using glitches is cheating. Let's see now why TM duplicating "isn't" cheating: You can normally get many TM's by playing the game over and over.

But you can't get a T-Wave Rhydon by playing the game normally over and over.

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2001 06:36 AM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OrientalNoodle:
I say it shouldn't be legal.

Using glitches is cheating. Let's see now why TM duplicating "isn't" cheating: You can normally get many TM's by playing the game over and over.

But you can't get a T-Wave Rhydon by playing the game normally over and over.

Well, this can be our revenge for making Mewtwo broken.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2001 07:27 AM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manuel Calavera:
Well, this can be our revenge for making Mewtwo broken.

Revenge??? I'm glad they did it! *thwacks all cheap Pokemon*

------------------
The moon is made of chocolate

OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2001 08:35 AM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They made Mewtwo broken, agreed. It is a cheap pokémon, I know.

But it is cheap in legal ways. You don't have to cheat to make Mewtwo cheap.

BUT, you DO have to cheat to make Rhydon have T-Wave. If that ain't cheap, well, I can use the Missigno.-trick, get a level 141 Mewtwo and say that it isn't cheating.

Right.

Edit: Oh, and he who says that the Missigno.-trick ISN'T cheating is lieing to himself.

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

[This message has been edited by OrientalNoodle (edited 06-17-2001).]

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2001 06:53 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that the Missingno. Cheat is indeed a cheat, but there are exceptions.

My friend did it just to get a lv. 1 Kanga so that he could get more stat exp for it... but then again, he knew about the box trick...

------------------
~All life begins with Nu and Ends with Nu...
~That's my Belief...
~At least for Now...
----------------------
Visit my Pokemon code archive!

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2001 07:59 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's possible to get a level 100 Kangaskhan instantly from the trick... Just battle with only 5 Pokemon in your team, catch the 'M', and when the Ditto appears, send 'M' out and win. ('M' gained 0 EXP. points! 'M' grew to Level 100! What? 'M' is evolving!)

Just an interesting addition to the glitch that I discovered. I'm not going to get caught up in the ethics of it.

------------------
"Finish it off with False Swipe!" - Shingo

Haunter_girl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1866

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2001 05:24 AM      Profile for Haunter_girl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Weird! Why do your Missingnos all evolve into Kangaskhan? I once caught a Missingno and fed it a rarecandy, and it evolved into Clefairy. Hmm, maybe that's cause I have a german version...

------------------

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 06-23-2001 04:17 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was it a 'M or Missingno? Also, what level was it at? It seems every Missingno is different, and the kinds you see depend on your name. I still can't get the Rhydon thing to work, btw.

------------------
All your acid are belong to us!

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
salvester2
Farting Nudist
Member # 199

Rate Member
posted 06-23-2001 05:28 PM      Profile for salvester2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It probally would be illegal if Nintendo started getting a few people with it. So just don;t even try. Besides Rhydonc an already do very well without TW...

But a swift dancing Kangaskan...has cool poententail.

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 05:58 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you ever think that we, the people who play PokéMoN, know more about it than the people who make the game?
Haunter_girl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1866

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 09:34 AM      Profile for Haunter_girl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That woud be kewl, but I doubt it.

------------------

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 11:39 AM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
Do you ever think that we, the people who play PokéMoN, know more about it than the people who make the game?

Nope.

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 07-02-2001 10:32 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, I know this topic is very old, but I've found out a lot about Missingno. In my free time (I have lots of that), I've conducted a few experiments on Missingno. I've got his max stats and TMs/HMs now. Here they are if you want to know:

Missingno.

Max Stats:
HP: 269
Attack: 370
Defense: 98
Speed: 156
Special: 110
Average: 200

Moves Learned:
Water Gun
Water Gun
Sky Attack

TMs/HMs:
Mega Punch
Razor Wind
Swords Dance
Mega Kick
Toxic
Take Down
Double Edge
Bubblebeam
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Submission
Seismic Toss
Rage
Thunder
Earthquake
Fissure
Psychic
Teleport
Sky Attack
Rest
Thunder Wave
Psywave
Tri Attack
Cut
Fly

Sorry for the revival of this very old topic.

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Mewone ]

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 12:02 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you did Mewone, thanks for the info.

-MK
------------------
"So he said, you can't come in here dude you've got Chicken Mojo. And I'm like, what the #### is Chicken Mojo?"

"Where you wearing anything strange?"

"Just a T-Shirt that said Chicken Mojo on it."

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2001 11:34 AM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are the max stats at L:100, without any stat experience, or what? I want to know the base stats ^_^;

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2001 02:08 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Base Stats:
HP: 33
Attack: 86
Denfense: 0
Speed: 29
Special: 6

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 09:59 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokegod:
I tried the Rhydon trick, but it just froze the game. After reseting, I tried giving it a rare candy and stopping its evolution. I then tried boxing it. It didn't do anything, but it also didn't freeze! I'm guessing the game simply can't do the recalculations of stats at level 0 that it usually does when you take a pokemon out its box. Another thing I noticed is that after I let it evolve into kangaskahn (after giving it T-wave and SD ), it said it had like 700000 more experience to the next level, which was level 4! I boxed it and then it came out at level 9! I caught another 'M and evolved it, and let it fight in one battle. Even though it said 700000 to the next level, it just went to the next level with about 183 exp. Wierd...

Recalculating at L0? No matter what you do, unless it's direct stat modification with a Shark, a L0 Pokemon will ALWAYS have the same stats: 10, 5, 5, 5, 5. And that 700000 thing, I'd say, was probably because the game was wrapping around 16777216. The number you saw was proably 777033, because it only shows six digits for that.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 11:40 AM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:

Fly
Cut
Thunderwave
swords dance
teleport
razor wind
tri attack
psychic

I even told Fanha to put Swords Dance and Thunder Wave on Kangaskhan's learnset for gsbot, but he called me a moron ;.;

- - - - -
"Young love, with horns!"
-Toonami review of Ico (PS2)

[Rockzilla] Remember now, excuses are like asses, everybody has one and they all stink.

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 12:18 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*thinking*
T-Wave/roar
*hmmmmmmmm*
EDIT:gah,wrong,may not work.(help:curse?)

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: D-Teclis ]

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

MidgetSnowman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1400

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 06:39 PM      Profile for MidgetSnowman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, with that trick you can make some damn 1337 Kanga sets.

Twave/SDance/Tri-Attack/Shadowball Kanghaskhan anyone?

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: MidgetSnowman ]

- - - - -
cuz otherwise i'm insanely obese, have no friends, and wet my ebd. on top of it i farm pigs in malaysia, and strip for strange men and nickles.

From: Sedalia,MO, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 05:59 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I discovered long ago that the kind of Missingno that you get is more related to which version of the game that you have! The blue version ones (I have a US game) always evolve to Kangaskhan. Has anyone checked to see if different kinds of Missingno learn different moves? Also is there a way to claculate what Missingno's stats would be if it's DVs were condsidered to be shiny in GS? This cheat also allows you to get Kangaskhan under level 20 without using GS. The different kinds of Missingno do not have the same stats. I have found the red version one to be useless because it doesn't evolve. When Missingno evolves it loses ALL glitches and is then a completely normal pokemon.

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 02:02 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theclaw:
When Missingno evolves it loses ALL glitches and is then a completely normal pokemon.

Not necssarily. My friend's Kangaskhan's levels went all over the place (L23 to L82 to L57) after each battle, until they traded it to me. It still gained levels way too fast, but at least it got them in order.
(this was on blue and red, btw)

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 05:00 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle:

Not necssarily. My friend's Kangaskhan's levels went all over the place (L23 to L82 to L57) after each battle, until they traded it to me. It still gained levels way too fast, but at least it got them in order.
(this was on blue and red, btw)

The wildly bouncing levels, as I said, are probably because the INCREMENTS aren't fixed from the fact that they would correspond to very high levels, but the EXP total is rooling past 16777216. Only the last 24 bytes are used, and they calculate based on the cube root of the final 24 bytes. With inconsistency in the correlation, I can see why levels are bouncing around...

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2001 03:03 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mewone:
Ok, I know this topic is very old, but I've found out a lot about Missingno. In my free time (I have lots of that), I've conducted a few experiments on Missingno. I've got his max stats and TMs/HMs now. Here they are if you want to know:

Missingno.

Max Stats:
HP: 269
Attack: 370
Defense: 98
Speed: 156
Special: 110
Average: 200

Moves Learned:
Water Gun
Water Gun
Sky Attack

TMs/HMs:
Mega Punch
Razor Wind
Swords Dance
Mega Kick
Toxic
Take Down
Double Edge
Bubblebeam
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Submission
Seismic Toss
Rage
Thunder
Earthquake
Fissure
Psychic
Teleport
Sky Attack
Rest
Thunder Wave
Psywave
Tri Attack
Cut
Fly

Sorry for the revival of this very old topic.

Judging by *some* of the TMs Missingo. can learn, methinks that it looks like a prototype for Lugia.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2001 01:19 AM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manuel Calavera:
Judging by *some* of the TMs Missingo. can learn, methinks that it looks like a prototype for Lugia.

An armed Lugia, nonetheless. *points out Mega Punch, Seismic Toss, Submission*

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: oporaca ]

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.