next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Burning

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Burning
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 06-14-2000 11:28 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do burns give the 50% Attack and Defense decreases as an effect coupled with the stat change, or like an extra Screech and pair of Growls?

------------------
COFFEE!
Sun Microsystems' Java Programming Language

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-14-2000 11:43 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From the Fire Attacks page:

quote:
Burns also greatly lower the Attack stat of the victim (a reduction equivalent to 2 Growls).

There's no effect on Defense.

I'd guess that it works similarly to Psychic's Special-lowering capability. So a max Danced Pokemon could Dance again after being burnt.

I don't know this for sure, but it seems to be how things would operate, altho there might be a screwy side effect, like the Speed/Paralysis thing mentioned on the Paralysis page.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scorch
Farting Nudist
Member # 532

Rate Member
posted 06-14-2000 12:05 PM      Profile for Scorch   Author's Homepage   Email Scorch   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds plausible, Mr. K. It probably follows the same "weird math" that paralyzation follows when using moves like agility, string shot, etc on a paralyzed critter.

My guess would be that the attack modifier could be changed after the 50% drop inflicted by burning, but switching a burned critter out and then in again would put to 50% drop back in effect.

I find Burn comes in handy against creatures that like to explode.

------------------
-Scorch

"Insert random quote here"

From: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2000 04:34 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I assume you meant "only halves Attack"?
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 08:33 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you go to the classroom in the game it says that Paralyzation also decreases Accuracy but this is not confirmed or denied in the Paralyzation page, why?

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 10:31 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well... isn't it easier to hit when your faster? Isn't that what the horn drill/agility/thunderwave combo is based at?

------------------
"And sometimes you see things that aren't there (Like what?)
Like fat woman in G-strings with orange hair
(Mr. Shady what's a G-string?) It's yarn Claire
Women stick 'em up their behinds, go out and wear 'em"

--"The Kids" by Eminem

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 11:01 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:
well... isn't it easier to hit when your faster? Isn't that what the horn drill/agility/thunderwave combo is based at?

No! 1-Hit KO'es are based on Speed (In RBGY at least; In G/S it's based on Level) other attacks always have a constant accuracy
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2000 11:15 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those two attacks affect speed; I think that's what he was getting at.

------------------
"It will make you laugh, cry, want to kill Fanha, laugh again, cry some more, want to kill TeeJay, etc."
-StarCaliber, on Mewtwo's Cheapness Revisited

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2000 04:05 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's not on the Paralysis page, because typically our pages don't address the infinite amount of things that are not true.

We explained exactly what the effects of Paralysis are.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
magmar5
Farting Nudist
Member # 592

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 08:11 PM      Profile for magmar5   Author's Homepage   Email magmar5   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
when a pokemon is burned, it's speed decreases.

------------------
-magmar5

ThePokemasters- magmar5

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 05:08 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ugh, another newbie desperately trying to increase his post count. Yet another reason not to institute a complex ranking system...

And if you're going to post random bits info that have already been thoroughly covered, at least make sure they're correct!!

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2000 02:20 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ugh, another newbie desperately trying to increase his post count. Yet another reason not to institute a complex ranking system...

From what I've seen, there are only three levels nubian, civillian, and azureian. And I think that you have to one of the maintainers of this excellent site to be an azureian.

Oh yeah, and when you.re burned, all your stats are divided by your monsters level times 2 :-)

------------------
...And the two most puke-inducing words man has invented; 'baby onboard'! Who gives a [fudge]!? I certainly don't ... You know what I do? I ram these people into a utility pole! Bounce that kid around, give him a sense of reality. Life doesn't change because you post a sign!
--George Carlin

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2000 04:10 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was reinforcing the sentiment that the moderators shouldn't put in a big multi-level system because of the useless posts it would create. I wasn't saying that it's too extensive the way it is.
ThomasTR
Farting Nudist
Member # 580

posted 06-29-2000 05:01 PM      Profile for ThomasTR     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was against a mewtwo that had fire blast and it burned me. My Dragonite's Hyper Beam (usually devastating as you know) did pitiful damage. It weakens your phsical attack power.

"Its times like these that make me want to go straight! -James"

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.