The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Ash used Master Ball... It missed??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ash used Master Ball... It missed??
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-10-2000 08:46 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... oops... Ash isn't in G/S - hehe... oh well... Translating the capturing of pokemon page shows that using Master Ball completely skips the randomization factor UNLESS the enemy type is 00 or 'M ... could someone look into this??
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

GamrGuy
unregistered

posted 06-11-2000 11:38 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, only the glitch (called ????? in G/S) with the byte 00 cannot be caught with a Masterball. It always escapes, it doesnt appear to be catchable. All the other glitches are completely catchable, just like normal Pokemon.

------------------
Gĺm®GűĄ
My site:Pokémon Gamer
AIM/AOL: GamrGuy87

IP: Logged
borg_5x8
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 549

Rate Member
posted 06-17-2000 09:17 AM      Profile for borg_5x8   Author's Homepage   Email borg_5x8   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, how does that work then? Surely since the masterball skips the random condition, and just runs whatever "capture()" routine, why does it miss the ???? pokemon, unless there's (for some reason) an "if (pokemon number) > 0" condition in there somewhere.... maybe they added this in as a little more gameshark protection? There MUST be a way around it tho...

------------------

Mr Dragonite
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 551

Rate Member
posted 06-17-2000 09:40 AM      Profile for Mr Dragonite   Email Mr Dragonite   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Master Ball also doesn't work on the ghosts in Lavender Tower in r/b/y
Oh, hello everyone. This is my first post here. Hello borg

------------------
yeah... hi

Dark Annon
Farting Nudist
Member # 566

Rate Member
posted 06-20-2000 11:47 PM      Profile for Dark Annon   Email Dark Annon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Strange, I never used one on the ghosts... I guess I never had to... And it's me SST... Or Trowa Barton, Annon, or Tsuki no Hikari at PC...

------------------

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2000 02:34 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
(Mr. Dragonite + Dark Annon) This is talking about Gold and Silver - Not RBGY...

I'd assume that when you put a pokemon in the computer or lose it someway that the appropriate pokemon's type number is changed to 0 to show that there's no pokemon there... they may have made this to make sure no one catches it and then the pokemon could REALLY mess up your guys data...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

borg_5x8
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 549

Rate Member
posted 06-25-2000 12:40 PM      Profile for borg_5x8   Author's Homepage   Email borg_5x8   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...meaning that it DOES have a "don't capture if pokemon [property] > 0" thing? Hmm, maybe this is how the computer determines that other trainers pokemon can't be caught...the ???? pokemon also has this property (presumeably NOT pokemon number- I'm guessing other trainers pokemon HAVE species numbers?!) set to zero.... I'll go dig out that GS code that lets you capture trainers pokemon, see what that sets the value too... hey, there's a thought: what happens if you set the "can be captured" value to 1, and try to capture a ghost? Hmm.....

LOL! 3 Planetcommunity members in one post, 2 of them posting here for the first time! Hi guys! Greycloak (aka Melancholy of the Pokemon game boards at planetco) urged me to come post here...

------------------

Blitzzzzzzz
Farting Nudist
Member # 586

Member Rated:
posted 06-25-2000 06:27 PM      Profile for Blitzzzzzzz   Email Blitzzzzzzz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
really masterball doesn't catch ghosts in rby? ya mean without silph scope right? geez my first day and i'm already learning a lot!

------------------
Hey i'm Blitzzzzzzz from TPM

Best/Improved Team:
Charizard Nidoking Mewtwo Articuno Raichu Gyrados

Ice Pokemon!
fire and ghost rcool2

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.