The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » One-Hit KOs?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One-Hit KOs?
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 06-09-2000 09:29 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any precise information about the accuracy of One-Hit KOs and how they relate to Speed, or is the fact that fast speed increases accuracy all we know?

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Admin: Kamek's Kastle Forums
Forum Moderator: Gameshark Central Forums

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-09-2000 11:59 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You mean anything more than this?
http://azureheights.com/attacks/comp/ko.htm

Basically, other than either working or not, Speed has no effect on the accuracy.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 06-10-2000).]

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 06-10-2000 02:46 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I must have misunderstood the concept. So if Pokemon A's SPEED is less than Pokemon B's, then their chances of hitting with a One-Hit KO is zero, and if Pokemon A's SPEED is greater than or equal to Pokemon B's, their chances of hitting with a one-hit KO is 29.7%?

What I'm asking is, is the 29.7% lower if the speed difference is small or is it 29.7% regardless of the amount of speed advantage the One-Hit KO-using Pokemon has?

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Admin: Kamek's Kastle Forums
Forum Moderator: Gameshark Central Forums

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-10-2000 05:32 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In G/S 1-Hit KO'es uses level differences instead of speed but uses the same idea... you cann't hit a higher speed/level pokemon... except in G/S you get a 1/256% bonus for every level you are higher than the enemy...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 06-11-2000 03:07 AM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, does that mean that if you are using a lvl 100 pokemon with horn drill against a level 5 pokemon your chances are:
0.297*256= 76.032
+95(lvl diff)= 95.000
Total 171.032

So 171.032/256

Which equals 66.8%!

Now that is good odds (I know this is pointless but still..)
Can you horn drill a pkmn on the same level as yours?

------------------
Mewtwo used Blizzard
It's frozen rock solid!
Being unable to move hurts

I'm trying to forget myself, but if I do where will I be when I need me?

Out of Desperation, courage is born

From: Kent, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.