The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Self Suggestion?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Self Suggestion?
Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 06-06-2000 12:18 AM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know it copies stat enhancers used by the opponent, but is it singular or accumulative?

Example:

Through some serious Baton Touching, My opponent is fully Double Teamed, Amnesia'd, Slowed, Agilitied (even to counter Slow), and Grown. The last move used was Growth and my opponent is charging up for a Solarbeam. I use Self Suggestion. Do I suddenly benefit from all of my opponent's hard work with Baton Touch or do I get a simple Special Attack boost before my grim demise?

If the former, Accumulative, then a Self Suggestion & Whirlwind/Roar combo would be a highly effective way to gyp your opponent of any Baton Touching effort.

If the latter, I'll have to search for yet another moveset for Murkrow. >_<

------------------
-Moltres23

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 06-09-2000 10:00 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moltres23:
I know it copies stat enhancers used by the opponent, but is it singular or accumulative?

Ick, I'm not sure myself, the only way to test this outside of a link battle would be to take on Koga's Ariadosu, hope it Baton Touches away a DT, and use Self Suggestion. If the opponent starts missing, it's accumulative.

I can't see how it wouldn't be accumulative, actually. How would they work it into the game engine? The game apparently keeps two sets of stats in play (your original and your temp stats), so Self Suggestion probably works by comparing the two and gives the multipliers to your temp stats.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"So lock up your daughters.
Lock up your wife.
Lock your back door, and run for your life."
- "T.N.T.": AC/DC.

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-10-2000 06:21 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:
I can't see how it wouldn't be accumulative, actually. How would they work it into the game engine? The game apparently keeps two sets of stats in play (your original and your temp stats), so Self Suggestion probably works by comparing the two and gives the multipliers to your temp stats.

I thought it stores the original value and the multiplier not the end value... or does it also store the in battle value too? That would make sense to free up clock cycles instead of recalculating every time... but it'd be more likely that it just copies the multiplier values over to your guy...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.