The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Critical hits in g/s.....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Critical hits in g/s.....
Whoomp
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 140

Rate Member
posted 06-04-2000 09:49 PM      Profile for Whoomp     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Sorry if this has been talked about already, but I skimmed through some of the topics here and didn't see it.

Anyways, I was playing the rom version of gold (pr translations) and I was in bellsprout tower (got a new computer, had to start over). I had a level 5 Bellsprout vrs a level 3 bellSprout. I end up using all my vinewhip PP and force into a struggle match :P

Anyways, I go back to the pokemon ceneter, heal my pokemon (it went up to level 6 after the fight) and go back into the bellsprout tower. I decide to conserve the useless 10PP of vinewhip, I'll growth myself to max (6 times) and then attack. I go to battle with one of the monks, growth 6 times, attack with vinewhip. It critical hits, 1-hit ko. It would appear that critical hits have changed to take your actual Special attack/attack level (modified) rather than your original attack/spec attack level.

The other 2 bellsprouts all took 2-3 hits to kill without critical hitting vinewhips.

Oh well, just thought that was kinda nifty... no more worrying about your Sword-dancing Mew getting a critical hitting hyperbeam anymore

Whoomp

------------------

[This message has been edited by Whoomp (edited 06-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Whoomp (edited 06-04-2000).]

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 06-06-2000 12:41 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, that makes Slash and Razor Leaf infinitely more powerful.

------------------
Get a new car for your wife. It's a great trade.

GamrGuy
unregistered

posted 06-06-2000 11:59 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anything that can learn SD, FE, and Hyperbeam will be sooo cheap...

------------------
Gĺm®GűĄ
My site:Pokémon Gamer
AIM/AOL: GamrGuy87

IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 06-07-2000 06:47 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hyperbeam? You mad? That'd be an over kill. Any plain ol' attack will be good enough.

Scyther + FE + SD + Slash(good pp)= death in a can!

------------------
"Oh, I see. Its 'that time of the month'." -Gourry, The Slayers
"Wait, eggs don't ripen! EGGS DON'T RIPEN!" -Jay, The Critic

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 06-07-2000 03:16 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*does a jig*

yey.

------------------
ALL HAIL THE PIG MONKEY!
Inventor of The Magician Bro, Co-Inventor of The Argoape Type 0 and Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)
AIM: Magician Type 0 | Come see my Work at GameFAQs | PBS Logs
- "Don't f*** with me" -Me, after getting warned on AIM for swearing
- "He's going out with the cutest Eevee" -Me, on my Magician Bro

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2000 06:22 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fanha:
Oh my god...that WOULD be sick except that I don't believe ANY Pokemon learns Focus Energy AND Swords Dance

Beedrill, Scyther/Hassemu, Pinsir.

------------------
Project:Metronome

There is no telling what will happen.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.