The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Defense Curl's Secret revealed... well sorta... (LONG and Japanese text)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Defense Curl's Secret revealed... well sorta... (LONG and Japanese text)
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2000 09:20 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
((This page should be viewed under Japanese (Shift-JIS) Encoding to properly view the Japanese Characters))

quote:

自分の防御を1段階UP+この技の後に「ころがる」を使うと、威力が
2倍になる

That's what TeamPA has to say about Defense Curl... very useful... too bad I don't know japanese!!
Now both Defense Curl's special effect as well as Harden's Special effect include:

quote:

自分の防御力を1段階UP

So that narrows the secret usage of Defense Curl down to :

quote:

この技の後に「ころがる」を使うと、威力が
2倍になる

(I got rid of the + because I'm assuming that means and...)
Now if anyone can decipher than text we know the secret usage of Defense Curl... Didn't someone here have a friend who can read Japanese Text??

BTW - From what I can tell Sky Attack has a random side effect that occurs .4% of the time... wow that's almost as reliable as the one hit KO'es ^_^
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

[This message has been edited by Givera (edited 06-02-2000).]

Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2000 09:48 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Urg, I could decipher that if only I could view the text! Stupid computer! I'll try to find out how to change it so I can!

------------------
"I understand the silverware, but why did you glue the dog to the ceiling?"
"You understand the silverware? Cuckoo, cuckoo!" - The Critic
"AH! You ate him! You ate him all!" - The Slayers

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2000 10:21 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jackdaw (OMG - I've been calling you Jackjaw all this time... I never really looked at your handle ) - Are you using IE or Netscape? If IE try rightclicking then going to encoding and choosing Japanese (Shift-JIS) or if it's not available look under More
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2000 11:21 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Givera:
From what I can tell Sky Attack has a random side effect that occurs .4% of the time...

Missing?

Maybe to-hit is figured differently for multi-turn attacks, so missing is a side effect.

Just a thought...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pok駑on Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2000 11:57 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No it's the special effect accuracy (Regular accuracy is listed later - This is like Psychic's chance of lowering Special Defense)
YAY! I found a WORKING Japanese -> English translator!! It only roughly translates but its still good... here's what it says about Defense Curl:
quote:
your own defense " you roll, " when after this skill of 1 gradual UP+ you use, power
It reaches 2 times.

And here's Harden's translated explanation:

quote:
your own defense power 1 gradual UP

(Starts to wish it translated better) Hmm... it seems to imply Defense Curl can only be used to double your defense... (It reaches 2 times) Or something that it increases by more each time... the first usage increases defense by 1, the second by 2, the third by 3... (Just a though)

(LOL - Psychic type is translates (The person with ESP) ^_^)

BTW - Here's what it says for Sky Attack:** 2 turns the attack which catches.The partner the ひ ・む? (Dunno...) (someone verifying with additional effect, it is a く
(Rare??) Occasion)

Hmm... maybe the all know TeamPA DOESN'T know everything... ^_^
-Givera

------------------

Windex
I am the greatest human being ever. It is impossible to insult me.
Member # 9

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2000 01:15 AM      Profile for Windex   Email Windex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure, it's a little off topic, but I was just wondering if someone could give me a link to Team PA's site.

[This message has been edited by Windex (edited 06-03-2000).]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2000 01:37 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
it seems to imply Defense Curl can only be used to double your defense...

Is this for G/S? We already know how Defense Curl works in RBY. It's like Speed (or any other stat) modifiers. Defense Curl is not a greatly, so it does a 1.5 mod.

I'll believe a Sky Attack side effect when I see it.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pok駑on Laboratory

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 06-03-2000).]

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2000 01:53 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tried switching to Shift-JIS in Netscape, and it just changed the random characters into boxes.

Where can I find this Japanese -> English translator?

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2000 03:22 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So what's the difference between them besides PP?

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2000 06:56 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah! I've tried, but an error keeps on coming up! Curse you, computer!

------------------
"I understand the silverware, but why did you glue the dog to the ceiling?"
"You understand the silverware? Cuckoo, cuckoo!" - The Critic
"AH! You ate him! You ate him all!" - The Slayers

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2000 07:34 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

(LOL - Psychic type is translates (The person with ESP) ^_^)

You mean "Esupaa Taipu" which translats into "ESPer Type"?

------------------

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2000 10:12 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Theres this thing I have called KanjiKit. It lets you read Japanese on your comp. Well, it shows Japanese. The Shift-JIS font was included in it. Oh yeah, you can also type stuff in Romanji and it will but it on your comp in Kanji. You can get a free demo out there on the net somewhere, just dont shell out the 100 bucks for it.

------------------
Why-are-you-read-ing-this
When-you-could-drink-a-Pep-si, and-coll-ect-points-get-a-free-C-D.
You-could-look-at-this-stu-pid-sig-or-cus-tom-ize-your-own-disc!
Hey!Hey!Hey!
Ho!Ho!Hey!
Hey!Hey!Hey!

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2000 11:38 AM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahh!! So many questions!! I'll go through them one by one...

Windex - TeamPA's site is at http://members.cool.ne.jp/~z80/teamPA/ (But you already knew that didn't you ^_^) But the movelist I translated was at http://members.cool.ne.jp/~z80/teamPA/data/waza_list.html

Mr.K - This is in fact for Gold and Silver I should have specified that... I thought it would be obvious considering TeamPA only works with G/S... OH BTW - What's up with me suddenly feeling the urge to drink coke after surfing at Azure all day... I think you know what I mean ...

White Cat - Wouldn't you like to know?? If I told you that then you'd all start translating on your own and no one would need me!!

Darryn - They mention Solar Beam and Thunder... in fact they also mention during Sunny Weather Thunder's accuracy is cut in half... (From bad to horrible)... besides under Jap Weather it says Power of flame skill 1.5 times. Power of water skill 0.5 times) But it also mentions all effects are FIVE turns not FOUR... Are we forgeting this includes the turn you use it on?? The enemy can take advantage of it immediately...

Crimzonite - No... it roughly translates word for word so whenever it reads Psychic it translates as 'The Person with ESP'...

TeeJay - Yea... I didn't get that... I found a free one... one that doesn't work very well though... I can still make it out...

Darryn - Read my response to White Cat...
-Givera

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pok駑on Laboratory

ゥ 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.