The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Would this work??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would this work??
Mattsaur
Farting Nudist
Member # 478

Rate Member
posted 05-28-2000 05:07 PM      Profile for Mattsaur     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lets say I want to raise a pokemon quick but don't have the time I could rare candy it to lvl 100 and then i could do the box trick and still would it have the same effect of raising a pokemon by stat experience???

Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2000 05:33 PM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ergh someone delete this topic please.

------------------
Life itself is luck! Whether you have good luck ore bad luck all depends on how much you put your heart into something. But, frankly your luck really has nothing to do with me.

Scyther7164
Farting Nudist
Member # 382

Rate Member
posted 05-28-2000 05:57 PM      Profile for Scyther7164     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you rare candy a Pokémon to L100 and do the box trick, it turns out the same as raising them. It is probably quicker to just raise them, though.

------------------
"No parties, no shindigs, no hootenannies, no box socials." -Marge Simpson

Visit The Simpsons.com.

Keibu
Farting Nudist
Member # 175

Rate Member
posted 05-28-2000 06:23 PM      Profile for Keibu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or you could use a GS to max their stats.. thats even faster.

------------------

From: Madrid, Spain | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scyther7164
Farting Nudist
Member # 382

Rate Member
posted 05-28-2000 06:28 PM      Profile for Scyther7164     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keibu:
Or you could use a GS to max their stats.. thats even faster.

Well, yeah it's faster, but it's also cheating

------------------
"No parties, no shindigs, no hootenannies, no box socials." -Marge Simpson

Visit The Simpsons.com.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2000 06:37 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mattsaur, please read the "Box Trick" article in the Compendium on the main site.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2000 08:51 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scyther7164:
Well, yeah it's faster, but it's also [b]cheating

[/B]

But no one needs to know that now do they??
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

CPioli
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 120

Rate Member
posted 05-29-2000 01:57 AM      Profile for CPioli   Email CPioli   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It wasn't always meant to be easy.

Does that GS code work on max stats for different levels? If not, then I'd suggest training it. If u were to try and use it on Stadium Poke Cup, there would be a major advantage to training manually instead of just "Drugging" your Pokemon.

Rare Candies don't give out any Stat experience, so its just like catching a wild Pokemon. Well, at level 50, I had a wild Growlithe with stats comparible to that of a wild Arcanine. It had better speed, and better special, I think. The point is that with the right training techniques, Pokemon can go a lot farther than they originally could when you first start out in the game. If you really want to, you can try Rare Candying and using the box trick, but it hasn't been proven superior to old fashioned training.

From: not to be told for some odd reason | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2000 01:57 AM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scyther7164:
Well, yeah it's faster, but it's also [b]cheating

[/B]

Since when have you thought cheating was bad?

------------------
it made itself more evasive....

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 01:43 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please check out Sakaki tower for nice GS codes to get max stats. There are two breeds of max stats codes:

(1) Codes that max your stat EXP (this is equivalent to box tricking your monster, and is only technically cheating- I've raised plenty of monsters to 100 manually, this really just saves time).
(2) Codes that modify (max, in this case) genes. While it can be argued that these save time, the odds of getting a perfect stat monster are 1/65536, which means that you may never even see one. The odds of having a whole team of max stat monsters are itty bitty.

You can also modify your EXP straight away, box and unbox your monster, and have a L100 monster, just as if you had candied it there.

------------------
-cfalcon

"He's supposed to be her daddy, but she makes him pay for sex."
-Jamie

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 07:14 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fanha:
Gamesharking is not "cheating.

It's a Clinton world, I guess...

Hey, oral's not "cheating", right?

------------------
KOFFING!

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 07:55 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I could spend ten years raising a million bucks, or I could rob a bank.

Hey, I'd get it either way, right? I'm just saving time!

------------------
Nothing livens up a party like a bit of Pokémon poetry.

AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2000 11:38 PM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
Well, I could spend ten years raising a million bucks, or I could rob a bank.

Hey, I'd get it either way, right? I'm just saving time!

Yah, but that's also Illegal. I would do it if it wasn't immoral, and I could get away with it. Maxing stats: Heh, it's just a game, no one cares. IMO, it would be fair if everyone had max pokemon. That way, they have no excuse for losing.

------------------
AIM: ShyftZ
-Atomic Mew

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-31-2000 01:16 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fanha:
Of course, the OBVIOUS difference is that robbing a bank directly harms people...

Of course, you're "harming" the people you play who don't have a Game Shark.

I don't care if you use a Shark or not, but I have very little respect for people who lie to themselves and say it's not cheating.

You're out of your mind if you don't think directly modifying bytes isn't cheating.

------------------
KOFFING!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.