The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » I forgot how Bide works.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I forgot how Bide works.
Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2000 07:21 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember how Bide and Counter work? I know what Azure Heights says, but I think I recall some of it was wrong.

For example, doesn't Counter only work on Normal attacks. Azure says it works on Fighting also, but I believe we tested this before and it didn't.

For some reason I also thought Bide only worked on all Physical attacks, but Azure says it works on all attacks. Which is right?

Also, I always thought Bide did not return double the damage taken, but rather a random amount between 1x and 2x the total damage taken while Biding.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2000 07:54 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porcupine:
Does anyone remember how Bide and Counter work? I know what Azure Heights says, but I think I recall some of it was wrong.

For example, doesn't Counter only work on Normal attacks. Azure says it works on Fighting also, but I believe we tested this before and it didn't.

Test it again.

quote:
For some reason I also thought Bide only worked on all Physical attacks, but Azure says it works on all attacks. Which is right?

All direct damage hits.

quote:
Also, I always thought Bide did not return double the damage taken, but rather a random amount between 1x and 2x the total damage taken while Biding.

Dont know about that, but I do know that Sleep moves cause Bide to fail.

[/QUOTE]

------------------
AIM: MewtwoSama
It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies.

Wollt ihr das bett in flamen sehen?

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cpt_Carnage
Farting Nudist
Member # 466

Rate Member
posted 06-06-2000 04:54 PM      Profile for Cpt_Carnage   Author's Homepage   Email Cpt_Carnage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bide is simple - it records how much damage you took and pays it back to the enemy - no other stats involved - if you go to sleep naturally the attack fails - also if you were to use a stat modifing attack (like growl) or a move that causes and abnormal status (like T-wave) or you simply don't make an attack at all during the bide the bide fails (Thats how to thrash brock with a really carppy Poke' - you just wait for him to bide - then you use tail-whip of growl at him - his move fails and you do a bucketload of damage when you next attack him

------------------
ICQ# 70919600
Member of MeWtWo SuX
Master of Dragon Pokemon
Slayer of Bulbasaurs
And ponderer of why aren't we allowed signature pics'!?

From: Depths of hell (England) | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-06-2000 11:52 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porcupine:

Nope, it works with Fighting attacks, too. Even Seismic Toss!

quote:

I am not personally familiar with Bide, but I'd be willing to bet on what Wintermute wrote.

If you find out something to the contrary, tho, I'd be happy to make any corrections necessary.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.