The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Alright...time to cram for tomarrow..I need help fast..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alright...time to cram for tomarrow..I need help fast..
MrTRiP15
Farting Nudist
Member # 112

Rate Member
posted 05-25-2000 04:51 PM      Profile for MrTRiP15   Author's Homepage   Email MrTRiP15   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seriously need to find a good Mewtwo killer by tomarrow..no parasect, I'm talking a real Mewtwo killer..or a simple strategy to thwart his, which is: Amnesia, Barrier, Rest, Psychic.

Have any good ideas? Any weaknesses I can exploit? I would GREATLY appreciate any imput before the big day tomarrow..my long defended title is on the line..and héll if I'm losing it to his cheap (did I mention totally MAXED?) Mewtwo..

I'm thinking along these lines..I take a blast of psychic with my Jynx, put him to sleep, switch to my Electrode, screech until he wakes up, the BOOM! Goodbye problem..see any loopholes in this? The only one I can see is that he'll already have barrier on atleast once or twice..

Please respond swiftly! The day runs short!

------------------
-TRiP

[This message has been edited by MrTRiP15 (edited 05-25-2000).]

From: Louisburg, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2000 05:04 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's biggest weakness is that it's only attack is Psychic..
This was the first thing that came to mind:

Alakazam
T-wave
Recover/Rest
Seismic Toss
Double Team

Since the M2's only attack is Psychic, you should do fine w/ Alakazam's Great special Teamed w/ Recover/Rest... is he pp uped?... if he isn't, lets count :
20 Amnesia, 30 Barier, 10 Psychic, + 10(30) Rest.
70-90pp
But that thirty is providing that you damage him. As for pp up:
32 + 48 + 16 + 16 (48) = 112pp-144pp

As for Alakazam, fully pp uped, he has a total of :
120, and if you decide to put Rest over Recover, 138(Not sure about 138... too lazy to add it up again).

So, if it comes down to a pp war, you should end up about even

If you can get a 'Trode to paralyze before hand... all the better, and if you get it to explode, Great!... but this is the basic Strat behind the Alakazam:

Mewtwo uses ?????
Alakazam uses T-wave
Alakazam Double Teams/(Rest/Recover) as much as needed to be fully d-ted
Alakazam uses S-toss
Mewtwo uses Rest
Alakazam Tosses till Mewtwo Gets up, but on the turn he gets up, Paralyze him, then Toss it to death... You should do Decently..

or

Alakazam Double Teams/(Rest/Recover) as much as needed to be fully d-ted
Alakazam uses S-toss
Mewtwo uses Rest
Mewtwo Regains hp *not necessarily after the first s-toss.. but it should happen eventually.
Alakazam uses S-toss
Alakazam Tosses till Mewtwo Gets up, but on the turn he gets up (you have to count), Paralyze him, then Toss it to death (altho you'll need two fully paralyzeds in a row)... You should do Decently.. and if you don't faint it.. you should still do pretty well

However... I think that'll you'd probably be able to beat it fairly easily w/ a Toby.

[This message has been edited by GolemKong (edited 05-25-2000).]

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2000 06:26 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Benedict will tear down that sucker.
SleepPowder,LeechSeed,Substitute,SolarBeam

------------------
AIM: MewtwoSama
It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies.

Wollt ihr das bett in flamen sehen?

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aron Figaro
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 461

Rate Member
posted 05-25-2000 08:38 PM      Profile for Aron Figaro   Email Aron Figaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the Slowbro:
Surf/Blizzard/Ice Beam
Rest
T-Wave
Amnesia

You can see the idea. Paralyze, Amnesia up, then kill. Rest to heal. It is a good Mewtwo-killer, I have tried it.

------------------
- In the name of Mercury, I fight for Love and Justice!
- If this is some cosmic joke I do not see what is so amusing! -Luna

From: Joeville, Nunavut, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MrTRiP15
Farting Nudist
Member # 112

Rate Member
posted 05-25-2000 09:23 PM      Profile for MrTRiP15   Author's Homepage   Email MrTRiP15   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, now the move set is Blizzard in Barriers place..that's what I hear..

------------------
-TRiP

GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2000 09:58 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrTRiP15:
Well, now the move set is Blizzard in Barriers place..that's what I hear..

Toby or That Kazam should still be able to take it fairly easily (More Toby than the Kazam tho.. Slowbro is resistant to both attacks)... maybe even a Hyper Dancing Mew.

[This message has been edited by GolemKong (edited 05-25-2000).]

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2000 10:01 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, no excuse for losing to a Mewtwo whose moves you know [well, besides fate, who can be either a fairy godmother or a real bitch]

Psychic
Blizzard
Amnesia
Rest

Well, a "grep" [M2: psychic, amnesia, recover, sub] would take this out in stadium, but if you are trying to get ahead by not wasting your M2 against his (or are without M2 for some reason better left unsaid), you really should look at Slowbro.

With a resistance to both the stated attacks, slowbro can paralyze M2 and then use Amnesia himself. Another good call in the Gameboy version would be Toxic, as Rest will heal it, but when toxic is reapplied, it should "remember" where it was when it left off...

In Gameboy, you are dealing with a serious threat. In Stadium, refuing to use Mewtwo yourself, you also are.

Electrode can go first and paralyze wherever you are: Snorlax can then bump around the paralyzed M2, Amnesiaing if necessary (though you may well die before winning, with this strategy).

Or Blizzard could freeze whatever you have. Oh well.

Good luck destroying Mewtwo...

------------------
-cfalcon

"Thanks for deleting the post, cfalcon!"
-UBB Automessage

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MrTRiP15
Farting Nudist
Member # 112

Rate Member
posted 05-26-2000 05:52 PM      Profile for MrTRiP15   Author's Homepage   Email MrTRiP15   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally whupped him with my Swift Dancing Mew...he tore the cable out after I was done with his 5th member still without a scratch...

I played him again later that day..
M2 came out, my Jynx came out..
Took a blast of psychic, LKissed him, put up my sub, the dt'd fully while putting him to sleep again and again...then I IceBeamed everyone easily till I ran out of PP..switched out and cleaned up the last member with Tauros..

------------------
-TRiP

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2000 02:06 AM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nice job

Who is "him" or does it matter?

------------------
it made itself more evasive....

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.