The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Stadium Colour Research?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stadium Colour Research?
Dujava
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 412

Rate Member
posted 05-20-2000 05:09 PM      Profile for Dujava   Author's Homepage   Email Dujava   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is anyone doing any research into nicknames affecting Pokemon colouring on Stadium? I'd be interested in knowing what's been found, if anything.

------------------
Muff, Gary's Eevee - She took down Rhydon with a single Quick Attack. She cannot be stopped until her opponent has been defeated. She is a warrior, and only faces the toughest of opponents at Master Gary's command.
http://dujava.tripod.com/

From: Oklahoma! The wheat smells sweet. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 08:08 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, we have a big old post on it, but the current thought goes like this:

(1) Certain nicknames always generate colors. Check ign's guide for this: said nicknames are inevitably lame.

(2) The first two characters appear to be extremely important. In many cases, a "series" of colors will be generated from this.

(3) In at least some cases, the OT# has been very important, and having it vary by as much as a single bit has resulted in a monster with very striking colors returning to normal.

I can't speak with confidence, but it looks as though the color thing is a lot more complex than thought (at least by me) initially.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Thanks for deleting the post, cfalcon!"
-UBB Automessage

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Power Soul Rebirth
Farting Nudist
Member # 365

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2000 04:45 AM      Profile for Power Soul Rebirth   Email Power Soul Rebirth   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The case of the letters is also important. The "Cueball" trainers in Stadium nickname their pokés as lowercase versions of the original name, and it alters the colour quite a bit.

------------------
[insert signature here]

PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 05-21-2000 10:01 AM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had my Tentacruel and merely changed the name to lowercase save the first "T" and that seemed to alter it quite a bit... turned into a sea-blue Tentacruel.

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
-----------------------
Never ever use DOUBLE-EDGE against a CHANSEY...

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.