The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » [G/S] Various questions... PLEASE ANSWER!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [G/S] Various questions... PLEASE ANSWER!!
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2000 08:08 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright - I'm sure a lot of you have heard me begging for handouts of the memory structure for the ROM of G/S but just recently I've found the location of the attacks and broken down the special side effects of a lot of attacks (BTW - Growth raises Special ATTACK ,Amnesia Greatly Raises Special DEFENSE, and Psychic has a 10% chance of lowering Special DEFENSE; I know there's a lot of confusion over the function of these abilities) ANYWAYS there are some moves that have special functions that I cann't determine... including the following:

4B - Unknown?? (Sky Attack)
*This cann't be the code for a two turn attack because every other one uses 27 - except Solar Beam because of Clear Jap Weather)

63 - Unknown?? (Struggle, Resurrection)
*I honestly have NO idea what this code is for... I haven't used either so I wouldn't know... I don't know what Resurrection is either so that doesn't help

6C - *RANDOM* Burn? And ?? (Master Flame)
*I've never used this ability so I don't know what it does... It has a 10% chance of SOMETHING happening (I'm assuming burn because of fire type) and it cann't be JUST *RANDOM* Burn because that code is 04... Anyone know the other function of this ability??

71 - Greatly? Raises Evade (See Through One's Thoughts)
*Again from what I've read this move raises evade but it cann't do JUST that becuase DT and Minimize use 10... so it either GREATLY raises evade or does something else too (Or both??) I'd think though if it just Greatly Raises Evade I'd think it would be 37 (Just because of the pattern...)

76 - Confuses enemy and (?Greatly?) raises attack (Boast)
*I heard it confuses enemy and raises attack - But I don't know if it GREATLY raises or not...

79 - Unknown?? (Returning a Favor)
*I don't have ANY idea what this does...

7D - *RANDOM* Burn? and ?? (Southern Blaze)
*Again I came to the same conclusions as I did for Master Flame - but it HAS to be different (Unless they decided to do something stupid like w/ the WEIRD order for Pokemon #'s in the RBYG)

81 - Unknown?? (Light Spin)
8A - Unknown?? (Steel Wing)
8B - Unknown?? (Metal Claw)
8C - Unknown?? (Atomic Force)
91 - Unknown?? (Skull Bash)
93 - Unknown?? (Earthquake)
95 - Unknown?? (Gust)
*Dunno...

98 - ?? And *RANDOM* Paralyze (Thunder)
*I'm curious about this because *RANDOM* Paralyze is 06 so this HAS to be something different - Maybe it's 100% accurate during Rain Prayer?? Could someone look into that??

9C - ?? And Attacker's Defense Up (Defense Curl)
*AGAIN I don't know if there's something extra to this move because Raise Attacker's Defense is 0B and Greatly Raise is 33 so there HAS to be something else... there's no random # to this move so maybe something like 1/2 damage form fighting or normal attacks??

OH! BTW - It seems like there aren't any more high CH attacks in GS (Like Razor Leaf and Slash in RBYG); Can anyone confirm this? If there ARE then they must be stored somewhere else...

Okay anyone who can help even the SLIGHTEST bit PLEASE post! Thanx a LOT!!
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

[This message has been edited by Givera (edited 05-12-2000).]

Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2000 09:16 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ya the CH attacks are messed up. However they might just be weakened, I dunno if they have lost the effect entirely. Necrosaro's G/S list just writes a - for their effect. This could either mean there is a code for Do Nothing there, or he couldn't figure out what the code did and put the - there himself. Necro does modify the ROM data when he thinks he can, and he's screwed up a few times too. For example in Blue/Red his list says HeadButt has Greater Random Paralyze or something, but it's actually Flinch.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2000 11:06 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porcupine:
Ya the CH attacks are messed up. However they might just be weakened, I dunno if they have lost the effect entirely. Necrosaro's G/S list just writes a - for their effect. This could either mean there is a code for Do Nothing there, or he couldn't figure out what the code did...

No it is actually 00 in the special effects section of the coding for Slash, Razor Leaf, etc (00 = Nothing) so I would assume they've removed high CH attacks entirely...
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2000 05:46 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh hey! Does anyone know if G/S uses the same BDF as RBYG?
-Givera

------------------

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2000 09:16 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn:
Yes! Once Pray for Rain has been used, Thunder has 100% accuracy for the next 4 turns!!!!!!

Well... I'm glad we've found the "Hidden" usage for Rain Prayer... still need the rest of attack before I add them to my program (Which I might add is in the final stages before it's released - It only hacks pokemon stats at the moment though ) ANYWAYS - Send me that URL as soon as your done! Thanks!! OH! BTW - Is that CONSTANT 100% (I.E. swift) or can it be adjusted by Evade and Accuracy modifiers??
-Givera

------------------

[This message has been edited by Givera (edited 05-14-2000).]

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2000 09:56 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
81 - Unknown?? (Light Spin)[i]

Shrugs off some invisible state changes (Leech Seed, etc)

[i]8A - Unknown?? (Steel Wing)

10% chance of lowering Defense.

8B - Unknown?? (Metal Claw)

10% chance of lowering Defense.

8C - Unknown?? (Atomic Force)

10% chance of lowering all stats.

OH! BTW - It seems like there aren't any more high CH attacks in GS (Like Razor Leaf and Slash in RBYG); Can anyone confirm this? If there ARE then they must be stored somewhere else...

AFAIK the CH rates are lowered, but still there. You start to see more of them from Slash, RL etc when your guys are higher-level, so I think they've tweaked the CH formula.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"So lock up your daughters.
Lock up your wife.
Lock your back door, and run for your life."
- "T.N.T.": AC/DC.

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Caos2
Farting Nudist
Member # 104

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2000 04:56 AM      Profile for Caos2   Email Caos2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn:
Since I did my testing on NO$GMB, there was no way for me to test if it hit even when double team was used..

Actually, NO$GMB emulates link battles.

=============
Steps to make a link Battle
=============

1- Save the game in front of the pc.
2- Exit No$GMB and make a copy of your savegame.
3- Rename the copy from "copy of *romname*.sav" to "*romname*.sv2" [no asterisks]
4- Run No$GMB
5- Press F11
6- Change "Number Emulated Gameboys" value to "Two Machines".
7- Change "Machine Link Strategie" to "Groups of Two".
8- Click on "KEYB" and setup the 2nd GB Joypad.
9- Run the rom [I don`t think Win NO$GMB can do Link Battles].
10- Have fun battling yourself.

Any doubts, contact me:

E-Mail: punko@bol.com.br

AIM: Caos2Caos

Caos2

------------------
Slayer of Monsters, Avenger of the Wronged, and Lover of Easy Women.

From: Belo Horizonte | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2000 11:53 AM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AEC-Gonk: Are you sure that lowering defense is ALL that steel wing and metal claw do?? Because the lowering defense value is somewhere else (I cann't remember where becuase I don't have my notes w/ me). Also could someone see if gust can hit people using fly? I've heard it's 100% accurate but the special effect value is different from that of swift and... umm... some other move (Again I don't have my notes) Finally - What I meant by no CH's is that where the special effects number is stored Slash, Razor Leaf, etc all have 00 (00 is used for other attacks that do nothing special like Pound and Tackle) so there would have to be somewhere that determines if it's a High-CH attack but then that wastes memory... are you SURE that they're actually higher CH not just a coincidence?
-Givera

------------------

Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2000 02:52 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought Metal Claw rose your Attack, not decreased the opponent's Defense.

------------------
Oo, waffles! -Lisa; The Simpsons
Stupid, STUPID Rat Creatures! -Bone

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2000 02:59 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I should look into that... I've been pretty busy recently to work a lot of stuff in G/S out but now that school is out (WHOO HOO!!!) I should have a LOT more free time... ANYWAYS whatever those couple of attacks do they have to have some other secret usage because like I've said NUMEROUS time they use a different special effect number then a lot of other abilities which have those effects... I'll test them out soon...
-Givera

------------------

[This message has been edited by Givera (edited 05-21-2000).]

Prof. Dasugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 488

Rate Member
posted 06-01-2000 01:00 PM      Profile for Prof. Dasugi   Email Prof. Dasugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.pokemondaily.f2s.com/gsmoves.html
This website has all the moves, I got it from here somewhere.. Master Flame can be used to unfreeze yourself, according to this. These findings are very interesting!
I think Boast greatly raises opponents attack and confuses them... They'd deal themselves lots of damage

------------------
Prof. Dasugi
Huh? Eevee is evolving?
Eevee evolved into Eon!

What's an Eon?

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-01-2000 07:18 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I already knew about that move listing... but their information doesn't COMPLETELY match up with the information I've ripped directly from the ROM... Some moves SEEM to have the same uses but in the ROM they use different Special Effect Values... this is how "I" discovered the Thunder/Pray for Rain combo (I didn't really discover it - just noticed the value and commented it's a possibility)
Could someone check if Gust or Sky Attack can hit people using Fly?? (It would only make sense as Earthquake can hit people using Dig)
-Givera

------------------

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 06-01-2000 10:59 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Givera:
I already knew about that move listing... but their information doesn't COMPLETELY match up with the information I've ripped directly from the ROM... Some moves SEEM to have the same uses but in the ROM they use different Special Effect Values... this is how "I" discovered the Thunder/Pray for Rain combo (I didn't really discover it - just noticed the value and commented it's a possibility)
Could someone check if Gust or Sky Attack can hit people using Fly?? (It would only make sense as Earthquake can hit people using Dig)

I'm not sure about flying attacks hitting people using Fly (I think at least one flying attack can but don't take that as gossip) but I do know that Thunder can hit someone with Fly. Red's Pikachu knocked down my Charizard when it used Fly, and Rain Pray wasn't up.

------------------

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-01-2000 11:52 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't comment that Gust and Sky Attack might be able to hit people using fly because of their type but instead because they have different special effect values than would be expected and I couldn't think of any other special side effect...
WOW! Thunder is becoming useful in G/S... Too bad Jolty cann't learn PfR in G/S... Train a Cron and replace Toxic with it... oh well there's always Game Shark
-Givera

------------------

Mattsaur
Farting Nudist
Member # 478

Rate Member
posted 06-19-2000 07:27 PM      Profile for Mattsaur     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have done Gust on a pokemon that is using fly and it had hit!

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.