The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » In-Battle Stat Enhancing Items

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In-Battle Stat Enhancing Items
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 05-12-2000 07:16 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finally found time to work on my website, and decided to type up a thing on items that raise stats in battle. Now, this is something I researches many years ago, so I had to go through my notes to look it up to remember how it all worked. However, I can't find my note on it.

So, instead of spending 1/2 the night looking for the note, I decided to redo my test, but the results have been rather strange. I've tested X Special a bit, and X Speed more thouroughly.

I noticed that when I gave Kadabra X Speed, his speed raised 1Fh, then 1Eh, 1Fh, 1Eh, and 1Fh. His Speed before the X Speeds were used was 5B with no Badge enhancments (I don't have any badges on this game). Kadabra was on level 25, so that the test would be somewhat accurate rather than with a lower leveled Pokémon.

So, Kadaba's Speed was raising 1/3rd the beginning speed with each item used on it.

Okay, so X Speed raises Speed 1/3 starting speed each turn. Better try this on the level 30 Ivysaur just to make sure.
Starting Speed: 37
Speed raised per item: 1Bh, 1C, 1Bh, 1Ch, 1Bh

So, it seems that for Ivysaur, his Speed went up 1/2 the starting speed.

My question is, and I'm asking because I'm too sick, tired, and lazy to keep trying this,: "Does anyone know what decides how much an Item raises stats in battle?" I'm talking about X Attack, X Speed, etc, not items like Carbos, Protein, etc.

Need...sleep...
--Meowth346

------------------
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.