my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Dragon vs Dragon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dragon vs Dragon
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 05-11-2000 04:13 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, I said before that I would do this, so here it is. I made up a Dragon Type attack, for anyone who wants to test it to know "for a fact" if Dragon is Super Effective against Dragon.

This is a patch for the Pokémon Red ROM. I will not supply the ROM, or a patching devide, or patching instructions. If you have what you need, you know what to do.

You can download the patch here. Just go to the URL, there's an image at the top that's linked the the patch, and full instructions on how to save the file for use.

--Meowth346

------------------
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 05-16-2000 02:34 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, since you made this attack could you now tell us instead of making us go through all the hunting for ROMs and patching programs? I would really like to know without doing all that please?

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Gila724
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 319

Rate Member
posted 05-16-2000 02:52 PM      Profile for Gila724   Author's Homepage   Email Gila724   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
just so you know, here is a quote from the front page of his site:

-ROM: You'll need to find a ROM for Pokémon. If you don't know what a ROM is, maybe ROM editing isn't for you. Also, do to legal matters, I will not distribute ROMs. So don't ask me for any. -

they're not really very hard to find anyway.

------------------

From: borehamwood, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 05-16-2000 05:54 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Simply, Nintendo's information on Dragon-type's affinity is correct.

--Meowth346

------------------
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-16-2000 06:03 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
Simply, Nintendo's information on Dragon-type's affinity is correct.

--Meowth346

OMG!!! That's a first!!!
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-16-2000 10:19 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Thanks Nintendo.

I know that it was just for yourselves, making Dragon double effective against Dragon. But if you are going to tell your users something, it's good that you make sure it's accurate, even if it has NO gameplay relevance at all. I'm so glad that the programmers took the time to carefully craft the battle chart and didn't miss a thing.

Things like this warm my heart.

Rrrr....

There aren't even any DEBUG MOVES that are type dragon are there? Why spend time on this! They didn't do bug right, they didn't do ghost right, and psychic kicks anything that moves! Why? Why? Why?

Thanks Meowth. Good work.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Thanks for deleting the post, cfalcon!"
-UBB Automessage

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2000 05:47 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is type Bird effective against type Dragon?

MissingNo. is half Bird-type, in case some of you think I am crazy.

Hmm, even though it is not easy to test what Bird attacks are like, we should be able to test the defenses of the Bird-type with a MissingNo.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 05-18-2000 11:50 AM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Porcupine is right. I never even noticed this.

Missingno.'s type is BIRD/Normal. Not Flying. BIRD.

I did not even know there was such a type. I must've overlooked the fact and read "BIRD" as "FLYING" when I caught Missingno.

Is there really a "BIRD" type or is it just another Missingno.-related glitch?

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
-----------------------
MEWTWO used AMNESIA!
MEWTWO's SPECIAL greatly rose!
Enemy MAGIKARP used SPLASH!
No effect!
MEWTWO used PSYCHIC!
-Overflow-
-System halted-

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-18-2000 07:05 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PoKamek:
Porcupine is right. I never even noticed this.

Missingno.'s type is BIRD/Normal. Not Flying. BIRD.

I did not even know there was such a type. I must've overlooked the fact and read "BIRD" as "FLYING" when I caught Missingno.

Is there really a "BIRD" type or is it just another Missingno.-related glitch?

I'd swear he's Normal/Normal but it doesn't matter... Obviously it's a Missingno related glitch as none of the other 151 pokemon are BIRD type... (And we know there's only 152 in Red and Blue) I'm sure though if we Hex-Edited the type information of a pokemon to the correct type they'd become Bird type too... but then that's REALLY cheating...

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 01:58 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I seem to recall that most moves are x1 on type BIRD, but I never did test them all... someone should try earthquake and rockslide, notably.

TYPE *B*I*R*D* !!!

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2000 04:54 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mlmiddleton I dunno much about memory locations and ROM editing, sorry. I think some other people here know though, I think I saw them talking about it a while back.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheJediYK
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 421

Rate Member
posted 05-22-2000 07:34 PM      Profile for TheJediYK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got a G/S ROM file. It was partially translated; nine times out of ten the writing appears as
+2q48+6ej---7q-g403e0-[92v[-0c87vc0009[
and it's next to impossible to tell what's going on.

------------------
The Jedi Knight YK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.