The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » DT on Stadium?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DT on Stadium?
Kobra Khan
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 205

Rate Member
posted 05-07-2000 05:03 PM      Profile for Kobra Khan   Email Kobra Khan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why does Double Team suck so bad in Stadium? I've used it all the way to six times before, and I still get hit. Do you know how much it affects accuracy now? Is it even worth using, because I am quite frustrated. Gracias.

------------------
Death from above!

From: High in the Sky | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kobra Khan
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 205

Rate Member
posted 05-07-2000 08:46 PM      Profile for Kobra Khan   Email Kobra Khan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If its far from perfect, why does everyone love it so much? I mean, I realize it is USEFUL, just using it once has enabled my Persian to beat an Exeggcutor, but hoards of people give it to nearly all their pokemon, and I don't understand how that is justified if you can still get clobbered after 6 turns.

------------------
Death from above!

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2000 02:54 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We still don't know whether DT is worse on Stadium or not.

It has been widely reported that it's not as effective as in RBY, but no one's ever done and research, and no one's ever been able to cite an actual source for where that info came from in the first place.

As for DT in general, check out our page on Evade/Accuracy on the main site to see how effective it is.

If you can get up to 6 DTs, it's pretty friggin effective, but it's not perfect. Blizzard works an awful lot of the time, but still isn't perfect, but people still use it because in the general case, it's really good.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2000 06:31 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Perhaps in Stadium the effect of all stat-changing moves including Double Team has been changed to the Gold/Silver effect. Instead of each use boosting a stat by 50%, they boost by 33%. TeamPA's G/S page confirms this for G/S I think, and I had noticed it myself playing Gold also.

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kobra Khan
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 205

Rate Member
posted 05-08-2000 08:41 PM      Profile for Kobra Khan   Email Kobra Khan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. I'm not sure how I feel about DT at this point, but I see that it most definetly isn't useless. This is a little bit off-topic, but why do the Azureheights Researchers use Ditto so much? Is he more desirable as a guinea pig, or is it just for kinky pink-blob fun? Thanks again.

------------------
Death from above!

kung_fucius
Farting Nudist
Member # 390

Rate Member
posted 05-10-2000 02:03 PM      Profile for kung_fucius     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was noticing the same thing about PS. i'm fairly new to pokemon and i'm just starting to get away from the full offense skill set, but most of the non damaging moves seem to not be working that well. i still don't see much of a difference if i use 5 turns working on the state of the pokemon while getting hit then take it out, or just work on taking it out through pure offense.

what is the best way to use DT?
(or anything for that matter)

DT x X -> confuse/paralyze -> attack
confuse/paralyse -> DT x X -> attack
DT -> confuse/paralyse -> DT x X -> attack

maybe you don't want to give out your secrets though...

as far as what i've experienced on PS

amnesia is definitely worthwhile
screech or other defense lowering moves seem to be good but maybe as effective as using the attack twice
double team is ok but maybe not worth it in the long run
sand attack is ok but maybe not worth it in the long run
paralyze, confuse & sleep are good definitely worthwhile
poison seems ok but not as good as the others
freeze (if you're lucky enought to get it) is good

...but i'm pretty new to it and i know i haven't developed a good strategy for non-offensive moves yet.

------------------
/[';']\ <rar

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.