next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » ROM Hacking

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ROM Hacking
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-29-2000 07:28 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just for kicks, has anyone tried to hack the ROM image to turn a move into a Dragon type? I tried making my moves Dragon type with a game shark but I think you have to hack the ROM itself. We could find out how Dragon moves really work in R/B/Y.

Of course, it would be a moot point, but hey, it's just for craps and giggles...

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
-----------------------
Kamek is about to use MEWTWO!
Will ASH change Pokemon? (Yes/No/ItDoesntMatterCuzMewtwosCheapAnyhow)

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-29-2000 10:16 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've done that. I hacked an unused attack into a Dragon type, gave it the name Dragon's Rush, and made it an attack that the Dragons and Gyarados learn.

I could probably edit one of the attacks into Dragon-type if any Azure Heights ROM user wants a patch of it for their own testing for the site.

--Meowth346

------------------
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2000 01:22 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was the attack super-effective against Dragon types?
Pink Elephant
Farting Nudist
Member # 261

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2000 12:58 PM      Profile for Pink Elephant   Author's Homepage   Email Pink Elephant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
meowth- what are the codes you used to make that? what was the 'unused attack'?

------------------
No, no no...I did NOT just see a pink elephant..

Hey yall its me, square!(a regular!! yah!)

~this candy tastes like cheese.....~

Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2000 02:54 PM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Making your own moves? that sounds very cool, hmmm i wonder if you could change the animation of the move, now that would be cool.

------------------

Hackman
Farting Nudist
Member # 131

Rate Member
posted 04-30-2000 04:45 PM      Profile for Hackman   Author's Homepage   Email Hackman   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm willing to test it. Just send me a copy of the patched rom and I'll post what happens!

------------------
Hackman
pds64@hotmail.com
Hackman's Pokémon
http://hackmanpokemon.u4l.com

From: Silicon Valley! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-30-2000 05:28 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kobayashi:
Making your own moves? that sounds very cool, hmmm i wonder if you could change the animation of the move, now that would be cool.

With editing the ROM, you can change the animation of any move, or with the free space for moves, you can create a move with any of the existing animations that you want. I'll try to get a patch soon.

--Meowth346

------------------

PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-30-2000 05:49 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth... You could make a Pokemon GB ROM editor! I've seen some utilities for games like FF3 that let you edit monsters and stuff. You could make a ROM editor to allow people to make new moves and let certain monsters learn them at X level. It would be really cool.

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
-----------------------
http://www.kamekskastle.com

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-30-2000 09:32 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PoKamek:
Meowth... You could make a Pokemon GB ROM editor! I've seen some utilities for games like FF3 that let you edit monsters and stuff. You could make a ROM editor to allow people to make new moves and let certain monsters learn them at X level. It would be really cool.

I could, I would, but I lkack some programming skills. If I could find someone to program such a thing, I could easily supply information needed for everything from map changing, to shop item changing, to price chagning, to level evolved changing, etc.

--Meowth346

------------------

PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 05-01-2000 11:40 AM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In that case, how about you and me make this editor. ^_^

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
-----------------------
http://www.kamekskastle.com

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 05-01-2000 01:02 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PoKamek:
In that case, how about you and me make this editor. ^_^

If you think you can actually make an editor (sounds fairly simple, make a program to change HEX value from xx to yy, etc), then you can always contact me at cdfritz@cts.net , or over ICQ at 45078721.

'course, I won't hold ya' to it, or anything, but it you really want too, PoKamek, you know where/how to reach me.

--Meowth346

------------------

Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2000 02:05 PM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That program would be VERY popular..... Very Very popular..... Heh.... I could make a 1 hit KO that never misses......

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2000 03:03 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*ahem* No one answered my question about whether the hacked Dragon attack was super-effective against Dragon types...
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 05-03-2000 10:22 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, White Cat, I don't quite remember, and I can't find my notes on it. I'm guessing that Dragon vs Dragon is/was super effective, but I'm not sure. As soon as I can find my work, I'll post on it.

--Meowth346

------------------

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 06:28 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey! If you could help me get started I'd GLADLY write a program to hack info like that! I've been looking for something to test my skills in programming for a while! Meowth - If you could send me what you know about the memory structure of moves and pokemon base stats etc. I could easily write a program to hack them!
-Givera

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one
"My Mewtwo's slower than yours because he just had his way with that cute eevee over there, and now he's tired" -CFalcon making a pun on how sex (gender) affects stats

[This message has been edited by Givera (edited 05-07-2000).]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.