next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » G/S Sexes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: G/S Sexes
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 07:53 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does it make a difference if it is male or female?

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), the man who trained with the help of Caos2.

quote:
*Marge and Lisa are talking about Homer*
Homer: My ears are burning!
Marge: Homer!
Homer: No, they're really burning. I wanted to see inside so I lit a Q-tip
Marge: Mmmmmmm...

Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com

AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mĺgěçěań T˙pé 0®
Number: 45597626
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

- Casey Morris- Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 08:38 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magician Type 0:
Does it make a difference if it is male or female?

For what?? In battle it does because moves like Mellow Mellow (I don't know of any others) only affect the opposite sex. Also sex can give you a slight insight into a pokemon's attack rating I.E. a female eevee (and I'm assuming all 5 eevee evolutions) means a low attack DV (0 or 1 IIRC) allowing you to assume (to an extent) whether their strategy will be Attack or Special based - but this only works against experienced trainers and only for pokemon that are capable of being either sex. (Jynx and the Nidos) In breeding its use is obvious - only pokemon of opposite sex can breed. I cann't think of any other situation where sex is relevent... maybe trading...
-Givera, inventer of the exploding Pikachu

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 08:48 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you sure the stats are based purely on that? Do females have a higer special attack than males then? If not, how sexist, but oh well.

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 09:47 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Jaguar:
Are you sure the stats are based purely on that? Do females have a higer special attack than males then? If not, how sexist, but oh well.

Yes it is based solely on attack... It's more well documented under a topic in the Sharkery forum entitled "Boys have a 1, and Girls have a 0" or something similar. Yea it is kinda sexist isn't it... but you have to remember - In Japan women are treated as inferior to men (At least they WERE, I'm not sure if they still do) Hey maybe Nintendo of America will be sued for being sexist and then the Pokemon license will be given to Sega or Sony and they will make/remake Pokemon Stadium or some other Pokemon game...
-Givera, inventer of the exploding Pikachu

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 09:53 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HEY!! I just thought of something... We're a LOT more uptight about things that Japan cares little about. Nintendo might be forced to REMOVE the breeding aspect ENTIRELY as well as the sex traits of pokemon (And moves such as mellow mellow). It wouldn't be the first time (Final Fantasy VII for Playstation in Japan had a MUCH more complex magic/materia system IIRC and they had to change it around because they thought we were too stupid to understand it...) That would be REALLY bad if they removed breading... no more scythers w/ spore! At least it wouldn't be sexist

------------------

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 11:27 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still think that this might not be true and that may be discovered. Remember, this game was just released and we are still finding stuff out about the original game.

------------------

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 11:43 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, Japan doesn't have that view of women any more, and what is mello mellow?

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 01:45 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Mellow Mellow, I have heard, makes a pokemon of the opposite gender unable to attack you... I don't know much more than that.

Yea, females always have a lower attack. I though the difference would be more subtle or something.... The breakpoint is dependent on the monster involved (Jynx is all female, Eevees are mostly male).

Meowth and I have done a bit of experimenting here, and you won't see 15 DV females except in all female species, in general. There may be exceptions (we haven't tested everything by far, at least I haven't), but the species tested on were tested pretty thouroughly...

------------------
-cfalcon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 08:56 AM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, could you test and see if any stats on those females are higher than stats in males?

------------------

][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 10:07 AM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt they'll take out breeding. After Jynx (God that pokemon has soooo many sexual overtones, from lovely kiss to suductive wiggling) everything else should seem pretty tame. And I hardly find eggs offensive.

------------------
]['m good with my hands and eager to please. ;)

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 01:33 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, if you take a monster and modify ONLY its attack gene, and it is capable of being male or female, and you raise it one at a time, starting at zero, it will switch from female to male at the breakpoint. No consideration of other stats was made, that I could discern.

Females aren't as strong as Males. It should be reversed for the bugs, in my opinion...

------------------
-cfalcon

PokeMaster Tony
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 304

Rate Member
posted 04-24-2000 02:05 PM      Profile for PokeMaster Tony   Email PokeMaster Tony   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about Mr. Mime, are there female Mr. Mimes? If that's true, I would prefer this, it might take a little bit of reprogramming but it would make a lot of sense:

Mr. Mime is the male version of Jynx, and Jynx is the female version of Mr. Mime.

Any thoughts?

------------------
Training Pokemon Since Late 1998. :)

Marcus Majarra
Farting Nudist
Member # 56

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 03:31 PM      Profile for Marcus Majarra   Author's Homepage   Email Marcus Majarra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's an interesting question for you:

What if you trade a Pokémon from R/B/Y that has DVs of 15 in all of its stats (it has been caught), what gender will it be?

I have a more random perspective to to this. I believe that gender is randomly determined. However, some factors may contribute to one gender or another, such as particular DVs. Still, this would mean that a Pokémon with all DVs high could have a 50% chance to wind up on either gender.

------------------
Yours Truly,

Marcus Majarra
for more info, reach me at RPGamer's Pokéboard
AIM: Marcus Maj

From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hackman
Farting Nudist
Member # 131

Rate Member
posted 04-24-2000 04:00 PM      Profile for Hackman   Author's Homepage   Email Hackman   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That means my M2 with max attack and special is a male... cool.

But then again, how many people actually KNOW that their pokémon's gender depends on their attack DV AND know what DV is?

------------------
Hackman
pds64@hotmail.com
Hackman's Pokémon
http://hackmanpokemon.u4l.com

From: Silicon Valley! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Marcus Majarra
Farting Nudist
Member # 56

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 04:20 PM      Profile for Marcus Majarra   Author's Homepage   Email Marcus Majarra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wasn't Mewtwo genderless?

------------------
Yours Truly,

Marcus Majarra
for more info, reach me at RPGamer's Pokéboard
AIM: Marcus Maj

From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 06:27 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

(Jynx is all female, Eevees are mostly male).

Argh! There ARE male Jynx, there is also a Jynx pre-evolution.

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), the man who trained with the help of Caos2.

quote:
*Marge and Lisa are talking about Homer*
Homer: My ears are burning!
Marge: Homer!
Homer: No, they're really burning. I wanted to see inside so I lit a Q-tip
Marge: Mmmmmmm...

Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com

AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mĺgěçěań T˙pé 0®
Number: 45597626
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

- Casey Morris- Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 06:28 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PokeMaster Tony:
What about Mr. Mime, are there female Mr. Mimes

Yes, Sabrina's Mr. Mime is female. In Japan the name dosen't imply he's male.

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 06:34 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus Majarra:
Here's an interesting question for you:

What if you trade a Pokémon from R/B/Y that has DVs of 15 in all of its stats (it has been caught), what gender will it be?

I have a more random perspective to to this. I believe that gender is randomly determined. However, some factors may contribute to one gender or another, such as particular DVs. Still, this would mean that a Pokémon with all DVs high could have a 50% chance to wind up on either gender.

Are you not listening to a thing posted by CFalcon?? Their sex is determined ENTIRE by attack! No randomness... catch a pokemon with a given Attack DV and it will be the same sex EVERY time...

quote:
Originally posted by Hackman:
That means my M2 with max attack and special is a male... cool.
But then again, how many people actually KNOW that their pokémon's gender depends on their attack DV AND know what DV is?

Special has nothing to do w/ it but I do believe Mewtwo is genderless and if not it doesn't matter - he has some chastity thing going on so I've heard (Along w/ a lot of others).

quote:
Originally posted by Magician Type 0
Argh! There ARE male Jynx, . . . .

What are you on man? Jynx are all female!
-Givera, trainer of Gamesharked pokemon

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 06:43 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ][ Candy:
I doubt they'll take out breeding. After Jynx (God that pokemon has soooo many sexual overtones, from lovely kiss to suductive wiggling) everything else should seem pretty tame. And I hardly find eggs offensive.

Yea.. you're probably right about that... but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't receive an 'E' rating for Everyone like the chromatics did... think of all the stupid parents who complained when the first movie came out that Mewtwo's psychic powers were witchcraft and satanic...
-Givera, trainer of Gamesharked pokemon

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one

Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2000 09:17 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eevees mostly male? That's just NOT right...
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2000 09:36 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I was waiting to see who dragged out a topic dead since late April... a Newbie? Some one confused on a point? Who could it be?

None of the above. MT0. kthx.

I agree, most eevees should be female. Eevee just seems female, period.

I can't tolerate a female Flareon, after that tush wiggle in Stadium. And my burraki is female, and will be in the US version, if my GS has anything to say about it...

------------------
-cfalcon

"That's an awesome cape too, look, it's black and white!"
-pkthunder, on Lance's cape in the Gameboy version

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2000 11:21 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont think it matters

------------------
I am also known as mewtwo's fortress on the pokemasters ubb

skapunkboy21@aol.com

Hibbert: Homer, I'm afraid you'll have to undergo a coronary bypass
operation.
Homer: Say it in English, Doc.
Hibbert: You're going to need open heart surgery.
Homer: Spare me your medical mumbo-jumbo.
Hibbert: We're going to cut you open and tinker with your ticker.
Homer: Could you dumb it down a shade?
-- "Homer's Triple Bypass"

Oh Doctor, I was in a wonderful place filled with fire and brimstone and
there were all guys in red pyjamas sticking pitchforks in my butt!
-- Homer recovers from a heart attack, "Homer's Triple Bypass"

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2000 11:58 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you attribute personality to your Pokémon it could matter... For instance, I'd make sure my Chansey was FEMALE, and it he/she wasn't, there's always Sharkery.

Male Jigglypuffs...

*shudders.*

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vandergant
Farting Nudist
Member # 626

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 03:24 PM      Profile for Vandergant     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My SandSlash better be Male.

Of course, there's always Sharkery....

...*just shudders and then laughs at the thought of switching her Tentacruel named "Netbrian" over to G/S and it turning out as female.*

Of course, if names are the same way as in R/B/Y, then I coulden't change the name.

<-----Vandergant----->

------------------
"Holy crap, Vandergant, your a... a girl." --VaporeonsHaze

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 04:12 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Netbrian:
If you attribute personality to your Pokémon it could matter... For instance, I'd make sure my Chansey was FEMALE, and it he/she wasn't, there's always Sharkery.

Male Jigglypuffs...

*shudders.*

I wouldn't worry too much about that - I
heard that Chansey is pure female,and
Jigglypuff is 3/4 female or something.

------------------
* GLOOMBOY: The Vileplume Trainer *

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
doralee23
Farting Nudist
Member # 165

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2000 02:42 PM      Profile for doralee23   Email doralee23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The chances of breeding and gender being removed from American g/s are slim, because it's already been hyped up in American fan magazines.

------------------
La la La La. My dumb signature
Watch Daria. Watch.Daria. Watch Daria .Watch Daria. Watch Daria. This is not a subliminal message. Watch Daria.
A message from lets up Daria's ratngs society.

From: A beautiful feild with bees and choclate milk. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
KingZapdos
Farting Nudist
Member # 672

Rate Member
posted 07-12-2000 07:23 PM      Profile for KingZapdos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I belive that Males are better at attacking/special attacking while females are better at defense/special defense. And I think they're both the same at HP/Speed. Of course, it doesn't count if a pokemon is only one gender.

------------------

From: As if I'd tell you... | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Starshelle
Farting Nudist
Member # 567

Rate Member
posted 07-12-2000 08:51 PM      Profile for Starshelle   Email Starshelle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KingZapdos:
I belive that Males are better at attacking/special attacking while females are better at defense/special defense. And I think they're both the same at HP/Speed. Of course, it doesn't count if a pokemon is only one gender.

Really? I've never heard this theory before. Does anyone think this is possible? From what I understand Attack is the only thing males can have perfect of, anything else females can match including Special Attack I THOUGHT.

------------------
Im zuh reesin thay envinted spel chek ^_^

From: Kansas (U.S.) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aron Figaro
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 461

Rate Member
posted 07-13-2000 01:25 PM      Profile for Aron Figaro   Email Aron Figaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, all of that isn't 100% accurate: that just seems to be a USUAL thing. I have seen female Pokemon come up with 13, 14, 15 attack DV, and that shouldn't happen according to whoever put that post up. I guess it is just very rare.

------------------
- In the name of Mercury, I fight for Love and Justice!
- If this is some cosmic joke I do not see what is so amusing! -Luna

From: Joeville, Nunavut, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 01:37 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aron Figaro: At what level did you check the DVs, and what Pokemon were you using to check this?

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Annon
Farting Nudist
Member # 566

Rate Member
posted 07-13-2000 01:43 PM      Profile for Dark Annon   Email Dark Annon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some Pokemon are 100% female so that may be how you got the high DV.

------------------

New Guy
Farting Nudist
Member # 692

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2000 01:31 AM      Profile for New Guy   Email New Guy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm new here so if I say something dumb, correct me, don't kill me. Anyway, if there are no male Jynx then how do you get a pre-evolved baby Jynx? Two female Jynx? Would'nt that be something? Lesbianism in a pokemon game! That would probably keep G/S from getting an E rating.

------------------

Aron Figaro
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 461

Rate Member
posted 07-21-2000 07:32 AM      Profile for Aron Figaro   Email Aron Figaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Try breeding it with something ELSE, dummy! I bred mine with a Hypno. I have figured out the advantages to females: Mello-Mello (most people will be using males, so it will take the advantage there), and generally higher defense and special DVs. (Spec. Defense and Spec. Attack are on the same DV) Trust me. I got about 15 male Mr.Mimes at level 15, got one with max attack. First female I got had max Defense and Special. Take THAT!

------------------
- In the name of Mercury, I fight for Love and Justice!
- If this is some cosmic joke I do not see what is so amusing! -Luna

From: Joeville, Nunavut, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2000 11:13 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope, sorry. It has nothing to do with the Special stats. Try catching a couple hundred Mr./Mrs. Mimes and then telling us that.

I really can't understand why it is so hard for people to accept that the Attack gene is the only thing that determines gender...

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.