The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » My way of getting passed traded Pokemons' weaker stats.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My way of getting passed traded Pokemons' weaker stats.
undone-backwards
Farting Nudist
Member # 197

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2000 05:56 AM      Profile for undone-backwards   Email undone-backwards   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As we all know traded Pokemon gain boosted Exp, which means they fight less battles. This however means that they don't gain as much stat exp, ultimately ending with a weaker Pokemon at level 100.

But how do you get passed this?
Well heres my way!

Normally when training your traded Pokemon next to the grassy area when you come out Mount Moon (near the entrance of cerulean city) where the wild Pokemon are at level twelve or near enough, THINK!

If they gain boosted stats here why not fight a lower level Pokemon nearer the beginning of the game. Fighting level 6-8 pokemon would give you the same stats for a traded Pokemon as a non-traded Pokemon near cerulean city. That way the traded Pokemon fight more times ( as if it weren't traded) gaining better stat exp!

So, if you think about where your traded Pokemon are training then they can gain just as much stat exp as if they weren't traded.

R U confused yet?

------------------
Everything created-created everything

From: under your bed... | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-15-2000 06:10 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I argue that west of Viridian City (level 2 Nidos) is the best place to fight. But, since the "Box Trick" is known, it doesn't really matter where you train, unless you refuse to use the "Box Trick" considering it as cheating.

--Meowth346

------------------

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2000 08:48 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why would you use any poke in a fight that isn'tlvl. 100 and fully boxed anyway. It may take longer, but max personal stats is a big advantage over another unboxed guy. You oughta to just wait until the guy you want to trade for is at lvl100 before making the transaction.

------------------
"The purpose of life is not to try to get to Heaven, but to realize that the way IS heaven"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 03:50 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Every level 100 monster should be box tricked. Period.

For lower level monsters however, (poke, pika, petit), the important thing to consider is to maximize the StatEXP/EXP ratio. I'm pretty sure that this is best done above the starting city, but someone could prove me wrong (if there were stronger monsters that were still of a pretty low level somewhere else).

For info on box tricking, check the "Training" section linked to on the front page.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
undone-backwards
Farting Nudist
Member # 197

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 05:38 AM      Profile for undone-backwards   Email undone-backwards   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What kind of idiot is gonna trade you a level 100 pokemon?

------------------

Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 03:44 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by undone-backwards:

Someone that just got another one from you....

------------------
~Slick has spoken~

This post was made solely by the will of the giant grinning demon scarecrows
sent to torture and manipulate me. And those damn kittens....

The famous person wears the same size water skis as me
She's got three cars as many years I've lived in this ci-ty
Her hair is blonde and mine is brown they both start with a B
But when the phone inside her ribcage rings it's not for me.

~John and John, They Might Be Giants (huzzah!)

undone-backwards
Farting Nudist
Member # 197

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 05:36 PM      Profile for undone-backwards   Email undone-backwards   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That'd take just as much time as training a traded one and you'll have no gaurentees that the guy you're trding with trained his Pokemon well.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2000 09:09 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Err... sorry... but what are you asking?

If you are that worried about the time it takes to level up, clone your monsters.

Presumably, you will look at stats/moves before you trade. That is how you know it is levelled up and box tricked before he trades, and has acceptable genes.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
branners
Farting Nudist
Member # 101

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2000 08:11 AM      Profile for branners   Author's Homepage   Email branners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by undone-backwards:

Um, Coyte, I remember you wanted my lv48 Vaporeon for your Lv100 Weezing....

Mind you, saying that, I refused the offer, making me twice as stupid. ho hum...

------------------
E mail: branners78@hotmail.com
AIM: lllbrannerslll

'They say if we keep polluting this beautiful planet, in ten years Britain will have the climate of Ibiza. Lets make it happen.'

Innit!

branners
Farting Nudist
Member # 101

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 02:46 PM      Profile for branners   Author's Homepage   Email branners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fanha:
Why not just COPY L100 Pokemon over? If you don't know how to copy Pokemon I suggest looking into doing something else as a hobby; even NINTENDO POWER released the trick (and Nintendo is VERY conservative about what they release...). If you can't find it...well you can .

I know HOW to, but my two cousins did it, and it erased one of their games. I do not want to lose 20 lv100 pokemon, even if the trick does work.

Besides, we were on a bus at the time, and were more interested into battling each other. I live in Britain, we do not get Nintendo Power. At that time, pokemon wasn't even out here, let alone any tips (which still aren't out yet), and I did not know of any forums.

BTW, on your sig, unless your Mewtwo is crap, it should be faster than Articuno, so it's wrong, thankyouverymuch.

Branners- who hates being insulted.

------------------
E mail: branners78@hotmail.com
AIM: lllbrannerslll

'They say if we keep polluting this beautiful planet, in ten years Britain will have the climate of Ibiza. Lets make it happen.'

Innit!

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2000 03:13 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He never said that the Articuno went first...

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.