The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Boxing strategy in general -- including >55 and >20 teams.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boxing strategy in general -- including >55 and >20 teams.
Darshu
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 159

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 01:31 AM      Profile for Darshu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this has been brought up yet. If so, ignore.

Is it possible to gain stat experience w/o actual experience when you're >100? Yes. Game link battles apparently earn you stat exp. This means you can box a pokemon at any level, included here pika and poke cup pokemon. Best way to do it? Probably catching a Mewtwo off Cinnibar Island and rare-candy'ing it back around to level 1, making 6 of the thing and wasting it repeatedly with your pokemon of choice. It's not dodrio mode, but if you've got two GBs and two copies of pokemon at your disposal, it can be a pretty effective way of doing business. This is just an intro to a stat-type on demand way of gaining stat exp.

-----------------------

D.S.

------------------

From: Annandale, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 02:41 AM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darshu:
Not sure if this has been brought up yet. If so, ignore.

Is it possible to gain stat experience w/o actual experience when you're >100? Yes. Game link battles apparently earn you stat exp. This means you can box a pokemon at any level, included here pika and poke cup pokemon. Best way to do it? Probably catching a Mewtwo off Cinnibar Island and rare-candy'ing it back around to level 1, making 6 of the thing and wasting it repeatedly with your pokemon of choice. It's not dodrio mode, but if you've got two GBs and two copies of pokemon at your disposal, it can be a pretty effective way of doing business. This is just an intro to a stat-type on demand way of gaining stat exp.

um.... hello, when you exit a link battle, you don't save! so while that might be true, it will never have any impact on box-ing.

------------------
-Atomic Mew

Slo Migs
Farting Nudist
Member # 110

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 05:08 AM      Profile for Slo Migs   Author's Homepage   Email Slo Migs   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can rare candy a pokemon back to level 1? how is that possible? I've never used rare candies to level up my pokemon so I wouldn't know, but it sounds like it doesn't make sense

------------------
"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's just fun"

From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-14-2000 06:03 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slo Migs:
You can rare candy a pokemon back to level 1? how is that possible? I've never used rare candies to level up my pokemon so I wouldn't know, but it sounds like it doesn't make sense

If you catch a Pokémon on level 101 or higher and give it Rare Candies, it'll reach level 255, then return to level 0 then 1.

--Meowth346

Darshu
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 159

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 04:53 PM      Profile for Darshu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In response to the "results-don't-get-saved" post. They actually do. Link battle stat exp was the place where, back in June, the people on the Nintendo tour first started to think of box-trickish things. I don't know how far behind the times we were at that point, but fact is, link battle exp on GB does count.

------------------
D.S.

VaporeonsHaze
Farting Nudist
Member # 252

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 05:01 PM      Profile for VaporeonsHaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sweet, I thought that stats on pkmn go up exponentially, so wouldnt that make the pkmn better in the end, or at least be able to make it like it was perfect in the beginning. I dont think that is right since they can only get a certain amount of stat exp but i dont know.

------------------
Out from the Haze comes Vaporeon!

Darshu
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 159

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 05:44 PM      Profile for Darshu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually it won't make them any better, but it will let you box a lower level pokemon and box anything else faster. Basically you can gain 65,535 stat exp points, 32k of which can be gained thru carbos and other drugs, if I recall correctly.

------------------
D.S.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.