The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Question about confusion/paralysis/critical hits/toxic

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about confusion/paralysis/critical hits/toxic
Gandalf
Farting Nudist
Member # 77

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2000 03:47 PM      Profile for Gandalf   Author's Homepage   Email Gandalf   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If a pokemon is confused and paralyzed, do hurt in confusion and fully paralyzed have some order of preference?
What is the best critical hit formula so far, and how accurate is it?
If pokemon A has toxic, and pokemon B is hit with it, making it badly poisoned:
After two hits from it, toxic will be doing 3/16 damage if it hits again, and will be cumulative.
I assume the 'variable' that determines this is only for the defending pokemon, as in if the defending pokemon B is switched, and pokemon A uses leech life, it will do 1/16 and non-cumulative damage, or is this attacker-based?
Thanks.

------------------
---Gandalf---

Marcus Majarra
Farting Nudist
Member # 56

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 12:58 AM      Profile for Marcus Majarra   Author's Homepage   Email Marcus Majarra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Although I can't give you a critical hit formula (I think it's more likely a fixed percentage, say 10%?), I'll try to answer your other inquiries:

With Confusion and Paralysis, the Paralysis goes in first. First is determined whether or not the Pokémon is fully paralyzed, then if this is not the case, it determines whether or not the Pokémon hits itself.

As for Toxic and Leech Seed, they deal a fixed amount of damage, which depends solely on the defender's Max HP. Leech Seed just draws off 6,25% (1/16) of the Seeded Pokémon each turn, while Toxic initially deals damage equal to 6,25% (1/16) of the Badly Poisoned Pokémon on the first turn, gaining 100% of its initial damage potential for every previous turn of Bad Poison.

I hope this helped.

------------------
Yours Truly,

Marcus Majarra
for more info, reach me at RPGamer's Pokéboard
AIM: Marcus Maj

From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2000 01:45 AM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Gandalf:
If a pokemon is confused and paralyzed, do hurt in confusion and fully paralyzed have some order of preference?

I haven't got any data on it. What Marcus said sounds good, though.

What is the best critical hit formula so far, and how accurate is it?

I just dunno. BattleMu has a list of base CH rates that can be duplicated by dividing max L100 Speed for each pokémon by 10. What's not clear is what, if any, other variables are involved. I have data showing that:
1. The defender's level or stats don't matter.
2. The attacker's level doesn't matter (!).
3. The attacker's Speed does indeed matter. But whether it's just max potential Speed (what the BattleMu list implies), or whether DV or stat exp matter I don't know.

I don't think actual Speed (i.e. what it shows on the screen at any given time) is the key point, though. Partly b/c level doesn't matter (though perhaps level is just divided out somehow), and partly b/c I've sometimes Sharked pokémon Speeds to absurd levels, and I didn't notice then CHing all the time.

This is what a few of us are working at this very moment, though. We should have something by Tuesday at the latest, I would think, which I'll post here (since it will be awhile after that before it all gets written up into a big CH page).

I assume the 'variable' that determines this is only for the defending pokemon, as in if the defending pokemon B is switched, and pokemon A uses leech life, it will do 1/16 and non-cumulative damage, or is this attacker-based?

I'd make the same assumption. I'll double-check though.

------------------

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.