The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Max Stat EXP for Max Stats?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Max Stat EXP for Max Stats?
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-10-2000 02:09 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A short while back, on the Sharkery board, it was called to my attention that FFFFh Stat EXP was not needed to achieve a Pokémon's full stat potential. I think that FE01h is what I was told was the maximum Stat EXP required, and I said that when I had the time I would look into it for my own personal referance.

Well, I found some time, and as little as I wanted to go through editing HEX, using the PC Box, edit, box, edit, box, edit, I took out a Lapras, raised it to level 100 frmo 18 via Rare Candy, edited its informaiton, and found that for a LAPRAS with perfect "genes", or DVs, or whichever you choose to call them, it required at the very least F634h to reach maximum stats.

Now, this number may differ frmo PKMN to PKMN. I'll try with someone like Gyarados who raises levels with the same EXP as a Lapras does, and someone who doesn't, like Magmar or Electabuzz, and see if the F634 to reach maximum stats is for all PKMN, or if it differs depending on how much EXP is needed per level.

--Meowth346

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-10-2000 02:40 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, i've tested for two more Pokémon. Vulpix, who raises levels at at differant rate than Lapras, and Exeggcute, who raises levels at the same rate as Lapras, were both tested. Below is a mini-chart of the minimum amount of Stat EXP each of these Pokémon can have, and have Max Stats at the same time:

F634h = LAPRAS
F62Ah = VULPIX
F61Ah = EXEGGCUTE

My research has been errorless, but I've still got a LOT of work to do to figure this out completely. But if anyone's tryig to figure out how much Stat EXP their Pokémon needs for its stat to be at its personal maximum, I'd say that it's almost safe to say that, at most, F700h, or 63,232 Stat EXP, are required.

--Meowth346

------------------

Marcus Majarra
Farting Nudist
Member # 56

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 10:59 AM      Profile for Marcus Majarra   Author's Homepage   Email Marcus Majarra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't calculated how much stat exp one needed to achieve to just get beyond the 63rd stat point at level 100, but the extremum is 65 025 stat exp points.

------------------
Yours Truly,

Marcus Majarra
for more info, reach me at RPGamer's Pokéboard
AIM: Marcus Maj

From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AgentM2
Farting Nudist
Member # 310

Member Rated:
posted 04-20-2000 11:51 PM      Profile for AgentM2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
speaking of max stats, is it possible to get all of a pokemon's stats maxed out without cheating?

------------------

GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2000 01:16 AM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AGENTM2:
speaking of max stats, is it possible to get all of a pokemon's stats maxed out without cheating?

It's possible to max them out, yes, and it's also possible for these "maxed out" stats to be the same as the "max stats" of a pokemon. but having a stats maxed out, and having max stats are two completely different things. You can always max out your stats by box tricking, but there is a 1/65536 chance that these maxed out stats will be the "max stats".

Hope i helped.

------------------
"Probability can be a real b!tch."
-Mr. K

"God bless incompetence! "
-Jackdaw

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2000 03:04 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Caught L100 Mewtwo. Hit it with FE01 on all stat EXP, along with max genes:

Got:
MHP=415
ATT=318
DEF=278
SPD=358
SPC=406

Now, I'm pretty sure that is correct.

Then I hit it with FFFF on all stat EXP...

Stats unchanged.

To make sure nothing wierd was going on, I then tried with a Lapras.

Got:
MHP=463
ATT=268
DEF=258
SPD=218
SPC=288

Whether I applied FFFF or FE01.

Simply put, Necrosaro's data holds together. I have no idea what you are seeing, but there is no strange, monster specific scale for stat EXP.

(1) Did you test on an actual Gameboy?
(2) Are you sure of all numbers involved and rederivation of stats?

Agent: "Max stats" refers to the maximum statistic in each category. In order for this to occur, a monster must be caught that has strong genes in all categories (all 15s), and it must then be trained up to level 100, then box tricked.

Finding it is the hard part. Likely, any monsters you have will have a couple scores very high- with dedication you can have at least one specific score (speed, usually) maxxed without too much trouble.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-22-2000 12:52 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

(1) Did you test on an actual Gameboy?

I do not own a Gameshark, so all of my testing was done on a registered version of the NO$GMB emulator, which is 100% accurate when you understand everything.

quote:

(2) Are you sure of all numbers involved and rederivation of stats?

I'm completly sure of everything. F700h seems to be the minimum needed, but a higher number like FE01h ensures that the stats will be at maximum values for that individual Pokémon. I've previously noted using FFFFh, which is no different than using either of the above values, save it only ensure that the stats will be at maximum for fact.

I've looked through various formulas, and uinderstand this completely now. The minimum required Stat EXP isn't the same for every stat for every Pokémon. It varies, dependant on the Base Stat and DV Stat. For example, all of Mew's Base Stats are 100, so that means that the Attack, Defense, Special, and Speed will require the same amount of Stat EXP to be at their max, save that they have the same DV. And any other Pokémon with a Base Stat of 100 will have that Stat max out at the same Stat EXP as Mew's, save, again, that the DV is equal to Mew's.

--Meowth346

------------------
-----
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2000 02:39 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Erk! I misread your claim, Meowth, and came to the wrong conclusion.

That is extremely odd, that stat EXP needed is determined by base stats. I'll believe it unless I have a damn good reason not to, however.

The main question now is: what is maximum stat EXP? If you box trick a monster, does EXP stop at FE01, FFFF, or a different value for each monster? My guess is that it is a constant and that anything in excess of the needed value just sits there, not changing anything. My guess is that this is also FE01, as Necrosaro reported, though monsters may actually get the benefits of full stat EXP earlier (obviosly you pointed some out that do, likely they all do).

Remember, the original goal of the codes was to duplicate exactly what would happen if a monster was box tricked indefinitely. Assuming Nintendo comes sniffing around with a hex editor, you wouldn't want them to be able to say "oh, that one has too much stat EXP" or "that one has EXACTLY the needed number, and most would go higher, so that can't be a coincidence". Not that they would, but that was my personal design criteria for the code. I've never verified FE01 as the max value, and haven't tested lots of lower values... but I'll believed Necrosaro on the first claim and you on the second...

------------------
-cfalcon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-22-2000 06:36 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For anyone with a Registered Version of NO$GMB, try this:
Run NO$GMB. Open your ROM. For this scenario, I'll use the Blue English game.

Now, press escape to enter the debugging screen. At this time in the game, you should have a Pokémon with you, and be in the wild.

In the debugger, click on the lower-left hand box, and then press [ Ctrl ] + [ G ] and when prompted, type in "D17C" (no " marks), and press enter.

Now, type in "FE00" five times. This simulates a Pokémon whose Stat EXP for all five stats is at "FE00", one hex point and Stat EXP below "FE01".

Click on the "Utility" menu, and choose "Gameshark Cheats", inputting the code: 0115D8CF. That way, you'll battle Mew, gaining 64h Stat EXP for each stat.

Battle Mew. Then return to the debugging screen by pressing the Escape key.

Look at the 5 "FE00"s that you typed in. They will now read "FE64".

Now try these codes added:
01FF02D0 Change Enemy's HP Stats EXP
01FF03D0 Change Enemy's Attack Stats EXP
01FF04D0 Change Enemy's Defense Stats EXP
01FF05D0 Change Enemy's Speed Stats EXP
01FF06D0 Change Enemy's Special Stats EXP

Battle a Mew. The Stat EXP for each stat now reads "FF63", and each gained FFh Stat EXP, due to the Gameshark codes.

Battle one more Mew, and your Stat EXP for each stat will read FFFF.

Conclusion:
So, what am I saying? That Necrosaro is wrong and I am right? Not in the least! Necrosaro's result of FE01 is probably the lowest value possible to ensure that every Pokémon's every Stat will in fact be at its individual maximum.

So, what have I proved? Merely that although FE01 may be the minimum required, it is by far not the maximum possible. So, you can safely shark those Stat EXP up to FFFF without worry.

Besides, why would they bother to set up a FE01h max lock, when FFFFh is only 1FEh away? Besides, again, I'm sure that no one's supposed to know about this stuff, and were it not for the PC Box, Japan wouldn't have discovered this as quickly as they did, nor would the rest of the world have discovered it quite at the rate that it did.

There's no "who's right and who's wrong" here...just great minds at work ^_^

--Meowth346

------------------
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 04-22-2000).]

Marcus Majarra
Farting Nudist
Member # 56

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 04:17 PM      Profile for Marcus Majarra   Author's Homepage   Email Marcus Majarra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been examining your calculations, Meowth364. They seem logical.

However, the 510-point difference could result (at the most), in only one stat point above the currently max stat point rating (63 becomes 64 at 65 026 stat exp-FE02).

This would mean that it would only take for the Pokémon to gain only one stat exp above the assumed maximum (by Necrosaro). To presume that the maximum amount of stat exp is 65 535-FFFF would mean that any Pokémon, after gaining the 63rd stat point at level 100, could gain the 64th point after only 2024 stat exp-7E8. The only way to prove your theories would be for a Pokémon with at least 63 002 stat exp-F61A to gain only those 2024 stat exp-7E8. If the Pokémon can gain the 64th point at level 100, then your theory would be applied. Thus, the new minimum stat exp for max stats at level 100 would be of 65 026-FE02.

------------------
Yours Truly,

Marcus Majarra
for more info, reach me at RPGamer's Pokéboard
AIM: Marcus Maj

From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Articuno666
Farting Nudist
Member # 1927

Member Rated:
posted 12-08-2001 11:32 PM      Profile for Articuno666     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there a way to give max stats to pokemon at level 50 in Gold/Silver through gameshark.
Im talking about giving them perfect "genes" and maxing them out. And also, can someone please explain what Effort Value is and how PokeRus affects it. Thanx.

- - - - -
May the Ice be the death of YOU!!!

From: Nearest thing to hell | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-18-2001 10:43 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Articuno666: Is there a way to give max stats to pokemon at level 50 in Gold/Silver through gameshark.
Im talking about giving them perfect "genes" and maxing them out. And also, can someone please explain what Effort Value is and how PokeRus affects it.

the perfect genes code should be easy to find through a search engine, and yes, they're all over the place. as for effort value, that's what you're looking for to max out the individual pokémon's stats. those are out there, too, but they may call it effort value or stat exp, among other things.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.