The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » ?'s about blizzard

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ?'s about blizzard
][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 09:51 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did the tests for blizzard occur over a game link? I read somewhere there was a 30% chance of freezing and enemy with it unless you're link-battling (when it turns into a 10% chance). Can anyone verify/disprove it?

------------------
]['m carvin' for some, ]['m missin' you like candy.

Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 10:20 PM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From what I understand, blizzard is, and always has been, 10% chance of freezing. A 30% chance of freezing was the old belief. I don't think it really matters.

------------------
"I gave you all a plate of corn muffins to rate my team..."
-Charmeleon411-

[This message has been edited by Charmeleon411 (edited 04-06-2000).]

][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 10:26 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it does. 30% is better than 10%. If it's true I may switch to ice beam...

------------------

Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 11:27 PM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, the data were collected under link battle conditions.

I try to test things in link battles as much as possible now... that's probably the condition of greatest concern to the most number of people. You can beat on the Elite Four using pretty well anything, but when battling other people you want to have the best information possible.

------------------

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2000 03:50 PM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So in an "in-game" battle it still has a 30% chance of freeze?

------------------

Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2000 07:25 PM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, I'm pretty sure it's only 10% in-game as well, I'll have to go research this...

------------------
-Charmeleon411-

Dan and the Kirbys
Farting Nudist
Member # 221

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2000 08:26 PM      Profile for Dan and the Kirbys     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon411:
From what I understand, blizzard is, and always has been, 10% chance of freezing. A 30% chance of freezing was the old belief. I don't think it really matters.

I think it was 30% in the GB games...ever read the Yellow instruction manual? Under the listing about Colloseum(sp?) 2, it says "Blizzard has a different chance of freezing" which probably means that it had 30% before then, but changed to 10% (since C2 seems to be imitating Stadium)...

------------------
-----------------------
/('.')\ Beware the Kirbys...

Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2000 09:00 PM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan and the Kirbys:
I think it was 30% in the GB games...ever read the Yellow instruction manual? Under the listing about Colloseum(sp?) 2, it says "Blizzard has a different chance of freezing" which probably means that it had 30% before then, but changed to 10% (since C2 seems to be imitating Stadium)...

Hmmmmm, but didn't the azurians collect the data of blizzard only freezing at a 10% accuracy in the original coluseum1?

------------------
-Charmeleon411-

Phoenix
Farting Nudist
Member # 143

Rate Member
posted 04-07-2000 09:46 PM      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've always known that blizzard has 10% chance of freezing. I think that's how it has always been.

------------------
I am Phoenix. Rising from the ashes to destroy all who stand in my way...

From: Houston, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2000 06:09 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan and the Kirbys:
I think it was 30% in the GB games...

Nope, the 10% is for RBY link battles.

quote:
Under the listing about Colloseum(sp?) 2, it says "Blizzard has a different chance of freezing" which probably means that it had 30% before then, but changed to 10% (since C2 seems to be imitating Stadium)...

It says there's a 10% difference in the chance of freezing. No way it's 0% in Col2. It could be 20%, but I doubt it.

The Yellow manual also says that Rest is different in Col2 mode, and it's not, so there's no real reason to believe any of what's in there.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2000 10:07 AM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
[BThe Yellow manual also says that Rest is different in Col2 mode, and it's not, so there's no real reason to believe any of what's in there.
[/B]

From my experience (though it has been a while), in RB, it is at least 3 turns (1 to use, x to sleep, 1 to wake up), but can be more. In Y, it's always 3 turns

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From Seinfeld:
"Hey George, the ocean called, they're running out of shrimp."
"Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called and they're running outa you!"
"Well it doesn't matter, because your their all time best seller."

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2000 12:19 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my experience, it is only awlays three if you choose coloseum 2, coloseum 1 is just like red\blue.

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-10-2000 01:18 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't remember rest ever taking more than 3 turns, but I suppose I could check it out...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.