The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » [GS] I need someone else to test Mimic on Sketch.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [GS] I need someone else to test Mimic on Sketch.
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 04:02 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A few days ago, I was in an AIM discussion with Dread. He informed me that it was possible to give any Pokemon any move, by using Mimic on Sketch, Sketching Sketch, and then Sketching the move in question.

When I tried it, Mimic failed 40 times sucessively. It was Usocky VS Dooburu. I blame it on the PP, Mimic copies five PP though Sketch only has the one, or that the programmers had the foresight to see such horrendous cheapness coming.

He claims it worked for him, I_know_it worked for me. Both of us are playing off cartridges. If anyone else has a_real_cart, could you test this out for me?

If not, I suppose we'll have to wait for it to come out in English just to see if legit Electrode with Spore will ever be more than a bad dream.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"...I'm ghetto like a high-school dropout,
When hoes be fighting and they tittie pop out..."
- "Ghetto Boy"

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-31-2000 04:38 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From the extensive testing I've done, it *seems* that Mimic can't work on Sketch. However, I won't know for sure until I find the RAM location for accuracy for your in-battle Pokémon, so that I can force Mimic to work on Sketch and see what happens.

However, after battle, Mimic returns to its normal self, right? I've never actually used Mimic before, so I don't know much about it. So, if you *could* Mimic Sketch fomr a friend's Douburu in a two player battle, then Mimic another attack that their Douburu has, I would think that it would return to Mimic afterward. But, I don't know much about Mimic, nor have I that RAM location.

--Meowth346

------------------

Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 08:36 AM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WAHOO!! People other than me are taking notice of Doburu!!!

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Iyse
Farting Nudist
Member # 149

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2000 05:56 AM      Profile for Iyse   Email Iyse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, okay I may have missed something here... Are you guys all playing a Japanese ROM, or is there an English version somewhere on this wide binary plate of information???

------------------

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2000 03:11 PM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are some really good trans patches for the roms...and they translate like 80 percent of the game.

------------------
AIM:argothian007wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2000 10:15 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Iyse:
Um, okay I may have missed something here... Are you guys all playing a Japanese ROM, or is there an English version somewhere on this wide binary plate of information???

Neither. I'm playing a cart. Only way to make sure everything's pure and unadulterated GS

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"...I'm ghetto like a high-school dropout,
When hoes be fighting and they tittie pop out..."
- "Ghetto Boy"

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.