The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Multi-Hit theory...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Multi-Hit theory...
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 03-23-2000 03:02 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was looking at a beedrill and I noticed that the last move it learns is Agility. Why? Why put Agility on a pokémon that has no way of fully exploiting the move? I will start testing this but I think multi-hits do more damage if the attacker is faster.
I always though that multi hits were useless except against almost broken Substitudes(so the rest of the damage can go by after the first few hits break the Substitude) but if the case is that is dependent on speed then that will open a whole new can of worms. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do say, 1,000,000 test runs so I'm hoping to you guys will also research this.

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-23-2000 01:21 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Hits don't get past the substitute. Multi hit moves have always been confusing for me: they just seemed a nice way of introducing more variance in the game. If a sub can take three hits and a multihit hits five times, it counts as one move and doesn't break it (at least in stadium: I never tested in Gameboy, but it seems logical).

However, you could have something about the agility thing. They do tend to give them to fast critters, (Jolts, Persian...)

I have no idea, but it sounds like a valid test.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.