The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Could this be used to get a natural mew?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could this be used to get a natural mew?
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 03-23-2000 02:20 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was playing a Blue version today and I was hunting down for MissingNo. to get some nuggets duplicated and all the sudden(take in mind that at this point in this game I've NEVER saw a tangela) I was fighting a 28lvl tangela, and I though to myself "If I can fight a 28lvl Tangela without ever seeing or steping ground into any grass patches that contain the stupid things then it COULD be possible to fight pre-100lvl mews...hmm...I have to pee..." but anyways, that's what I though to myself, so I was wondering if any of you guys can explain this in simple terms, no Star Trek bable, pleeaasee!=^P

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-23-2000 01:18 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Simple terms? Ok.

No.

A little bit in depth?

The monsters you fight are based on the letters in your name. Each letter has a number associated with it. Mew's number is 15, and no letter has a number that low (they start much higher in the numbers: 15 corresponds to a character you can't name your character with). So you would need to hack your name, at which point you are already hacking, and may as well hack up a Mew.

Very in depth about the Missing NO. Glitch? Mewtwosama is your man (cat?..?)...
http://members.upnetwork.com/mewtwosama/code.html

Where he goes buck wild with this stuff...

Hope this helps,

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 03-24-2000 07:18 PM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, cfalcon, but I beg to differ. Why?

I GOT A MEW THAT WAY!!!!!!!!!

It's simple. You type your name as Ash(female) instead of ASH. Capital A, lowercase s and h, no space, and a female sign, like on Nidoran. It works!!! A friend of mine caught one that way, traded it to me, and now (after much cloning) I have a ton of Mews. I like to cheer people up by trading them one. And if you don't believe me, try telling my brother's lev. 85 Mew!!

Curtis Warner

------------------
You want Pokemon info? Check out the Ultimate Pokedex, at http://UPokedex.cjb.net !!! It has THE MOST Info anywhere!!! Pictures, Pokedex entries, attacks, and stats FROM EVERY VERSION!!!!! Did you know that Mewtwo learns a different set of attacks in Gold? Or that the ledgendary birds do, too? That Mew will learn Atomic Force at level 50 in Gold? And that Bulbasaur will learn Sweet Smell and Photosynthesis? Ever see a golden Nokotchi, or the official picture of Sonansu? All that and more at THE ULTIMATE POKEDEX!!!!

There, enough spam. I'm done!

From: Turquoise City, Isuto | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2000 12:35 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt that the name Ash(female) will run into anything other than 178 Nidorino

The female character triggers Pokemon leveled at 245 or Channelers. The Channeler you faced MAY have had Mew, but its impossible to "steal" other people's Pokemon.
(Heh, you down with OPP?)

------------------
MewtwoSama
A viscous,Psychic Pokemon that was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments. It's DNA is almost the same as MEW's. However, it's size and disposition are vastly different. It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies.

AIM: MewtwoSama
E-mail: mewtwo@ureach.com

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2000 04:34 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, I doubt he would post if it were an outright lie... I think this needs a tad bit of research... I'll be honest, the smalll amount of testing that I've done in the past jives with Mewtwosama's chart (all the one's my friends met made sense with that).

Could there be something else? Anyone else trying Ash(venus) soon? Please post results.

-cfalcon

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-25-2000 05:50 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm bored, so I'm trying this. Afterall, it only takes about a minute to start a new game and get to Cinnabar...

So far I haven't fought any outrageously leveled Pokémon. Just Rattata, Raticate, Pidgey, and Pidgeotto plus one Tangela at roughly level 20-30, out of about 25 battles.

About 20 more battles. Only thing out of the ordinary is that I keep on being defeated. But a level 6 Charmander can't beat these Pokémon with only Scratch and Growl, nor can it run to easily...

It seems that I'm only fighting PKMN from south of Pallet. I'll talk to the guy in Viridian again, and try again.

After roughly 100 battles, I ran into the same PKMN at the same level (each PKMN always at its own same level). No MEWs, no 245 PKMN, no Channelers.

However, I will note that, though unlikely to have an effect, the ways that I edited the RAM to get to Cinnabar to quickly after starting a new game may have allowed me to bypass something needed for the 'trick' to work right. I can't see what, though, for I've done this before and fought Mew there using Game Genie codes to edit the character naming chart.

------------------

ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2000 07:17 AM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember, you have to fly to cinnabar.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hackman
Farting Nudist
Member # 131

Rate Member
posted 03-25-2000 01:16 PM      Profile for Hackman   Author's Homepage   Email Hackman   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's true, that you have to fly, but if you need to surf, it may still work if you surf to cinnabar and NOT LAND ON THE DOCK TO THE NORTH becuase that counts as part of route... what number was it? 21? Surf around the island...

------------------
Hackman
pds64@hotmail.com
http://hackmanpokemon.u4l.com

From: Silicon Valley! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2000 04:01 PM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, my friend said that it took him two hours to find the Mew. Maybe it was a fluke, or something. Or maybe my friend had lied to me, and I have a GameSharked Mew instead! Oh, I sure hope not!!!! Can anybody confirm for me that this IS a real Mew in my computer? If it's not, then I am SO SORRY to have wasted your time, Meowth346!

------------------
You want Pokemon info? Check out the Ultimate Pokedex, at http://UPokedex.cjb.net !!! It has THE MOST Info anywhere!!! Pictures, Pokedex entries, attacks, and stats FROM EVERY VERSION!!!!! Did you know that Mewtwo learns a different set of attacks in Gold? Or that the ledgendary birds do, too? That Mew will learn Atomic Force at level 50 in Gold? And that Bulbasaur will learn Sweet Smell and Photosynthesis? Ever see a golden Nokotchi, or the official picture of Sonansu? All that and more at THE ULTIMATE POKEDEX!!!!

There, enough spam. I'm done!

From: Turquoise City, Isuto | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-25-2000 04:41 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My time wasn't wasted...I was bored. Afterwards I did the same thing after editing my name a bit to fight level 100 Magikarp, using the same process for getting to the island (Gameshark code 010138CD, the universal Debug code for the Pokémon RGBY versions). Then, I would just walk up and down the coast at 10x speed on NO$GMB (and only walked too far north causing the emulator to crash once.)

--Meowth346

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-26-2000 08:12 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hah! I just got the OPP joke!

Damn I'm a wonk.

Ok, I'm trying this Ash(venus) thing myself.
Step 1: use code 010138CD on GS, don't turn on switch. Select new game, pick Ash(venus) as name.

Step 2: get Squirtle (doesn't matter).

Step 3: get parcel, exchange for pokedex.

Step 4: talk to Old Man. Watch Old Man catch Weedle.
-I plan to catch Weedles when I'm Old.
-I think this is what Meowth missed. After all, Old Man catching Weedle is a mystical activity that screws with the "catchable pokemon" pointer, apparently.

Step 5: toggle GS switch and walk through anything until I get myself to mirror beach (edge of seafoam island that has the infamous glitch).

Step 6: the stuff Meowth talked about, instead of the predicted stuff at http://members.upnetwork.com/mewtwosama/code.html

Step 7: start up and hack my own name on my existing game to Ash(venus). Once that's done, I fly to Fushia, surf to mirror beach and swim around until I see some fights. L178 Nidorino: yes. Mew: no.

Step 8: think that probably, someone lied somewhere about getting the Mew. *However*, as Mewtwosama points out, there are a few bytes of data that may lead to a Mew via some totally wierd glitch that flips a bit and allows access to a Mew. I did see a L49 Kadabra (I think 49). Since a sharked Mew is every bit as legitimate as a Mew that came up with a game glitch (same OT, etc., but the Sharked Mew will have proper moves for sure).

-Either way you can't use it in tournament.
-Either way I'd let you play against me with it (unless we were playing a no MewX game).

The method Meowth used (by either walking in a surf only area, or something) makes you fight the stuff south of the starting town (L28 Tangela, Pidgeot, etc., sound familiar?). Normally you fight the stuff on Mewtwosama's page.

Any one have a dissenting experience?

-cfalcon

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-26-2000 09:33 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I may try again, using the same process, but instead of the code for walking down to Cinanabar, pull my Potion out of the PC and change it into ????? (hex 05 or 07, I think). Then, I can SURF down, and battling in Water and against Trainers doesn't seem to effect who's battled on the coast.

Note: I did in fact talk to the guy to edit which scheme of PKMN was fought last.

--Meowth346

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.