The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » 1 hit KOs...they work for me In Stadium! :) :) :) :) :)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1 hit KOs...they work for me In Stadium! :) :) :) :) :)
Eevee
Farting Nudist
Member # 97

Rate Member
posted 03-21-2000 03:23 PM      Profile for Eevee   Author's Homepage   Email Eevee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I decided to get my Mew out of its box and put Horn Drill and Thunder wave on it. Well, I registered my team against my best pokemon. I started the fight with my Mew, and Snorlax was my first enemy. i used Horn Drill, and BAM! One hit KO! Slowbro came out (Snorlax and Slowbro have the same speed, 158) BAM! One hit KO! Exeggutor came out next. I used Horndrill, and the attack missed. Exeggutor used psychic, andit didnt hurt Mew much. I decided to Paralyze Exeggutor with T-Wave. So, I paralyzed him, and he was "Fully Paralyzed" on his turn to fight. I used Horn Drill....BAM! One hit KO!

Next came Zapdos. I Paralyzed him, and used Horndrill...he was gone!. (Keep in mind that my PP of horndrill is now 3/8). Next came Starmie. I paralyzed Starmie, used Horn Drill, and BAM! One hit KO!!!! The last pokemon was butterfree, and Horn Drill missed those last two times. I then ran about 15 more tests. (15 more this afternoon, and 15 more to night).

1st Battle: Horn Drill hit 5/8 times.
2nd Battle: Horn Drill hit 5/8 times.
3rd battle: Horn Drill hit 2/8 times. (doh!)
4th battle: Horn Drill hit 4/8 times.
5th battle: Horn Drill hot 5/8 times.

The rest of the battles go in this pattern for 10 more battles.

I think Speed has A LOT to do with 1-hit KOs. I know Azure already found this info out, but a few people started to belive otherwise.

So, this PROVES that 1-hit KOs are based on speed.

Sorry if I made any spelling or grammer mistakes. I rushed through this entire post!

------------------
I'm Mew from the Upnetwork

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." -Me

"I do not follow, I lead." -Me

"You can't accomplish anything without making an effort." -Me

"You know it, I know it, so don't deny it, Eevee is so cool since it can evolve into 5 types! (Theres two more types in Gold/Silver)

"I don't care what anyone thinks of what I like or what I do...so shove it!" -hehehe Me, being defensive.

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 06:20 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

1-hit KOs definitely function differently in Stadium than in GB versions, that's for sure.

Your results are slightly over half. What remains is a larger series of trials with both speed values controlled.

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 10:50 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
1-hit KOs definitely function differently in Stadium than in GB versions, that's for sure.

I think Crit Hits in Stadium have a lot more to do with Speed than in RBY as well.

But it's all anecdotal evidence. My Pokemon are slow and it could be that the computer just cheats.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-24-2000 04:39 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fought a Gambler that got to go first every round, and beat me three times in a row. Each time he got to go first each round and used the same 1-Hit KO attack three times in a row to KO all 3 of the Pokémon on my team. I haven't yet had a chance to research 1-Hits on Stadium, but 9 our of 9 times the faster Pokémon used that for the opening attack and was successful.

--Meowth346

------------------

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 03-24-2000 10:23 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know!!!, I hate that stupid gambler. HHe's supposed to "gamble" on his one hit Ko's.
On lvl2 master, its damn near impossible to beat him.

------------------
"I thought you said you were gonna watch a video"
"We did, an video on how to make your own sausge"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
DiPPer101
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 124

Rate Member
posted 03-24-2000 10:56 PM      Profile for DiPPer101     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poke or prime cup?

------------------

From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 03-26-2000 05:18 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eevee is here.

------------------
The empty §ig of Jigglypuff!

Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 03-26-2000 06:43 PM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of 1-Hit KOs, I've always had good luck with them in the Game Boy... Whenever I need to KO an enemy Horn Drill/Fissure always work... Never used gullitine much, only time I used it it worked though.

Don't know why though....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 03-27-2000 04:22 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you compare it to the chances in Red/Blue/Yellow you can see that 1 hit KO attacks are more accurate in stadium.

------------------
The empty §ig of Jigglypuff!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.