The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Working on Gym Leader Simulator for Stadium

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Working on Gym Leader Simulator for Stadium
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2000 04:43 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm going to work on a little simulator for my stadium, in which I re-create all of the Nintendo Gym leader's pokémon, and then
battle them using my own pokémon to see how I fare. Kind of like practicing for the real tournament. I'm interested to see how my
new Snorlax would handle things.

I need some help assembling all of the Gym leader's pokémon and movesets. If anyone remembers each Gym Leader's pokés I
would sure appreciate some info. Also if you remember which pokémon they led with, it would be helpful. PP would be an added plus
for Mewtwos. If I can recreate their teams perfectly You could actually be able to prove whether a stratedgy would work or not.

Both East and West Gym leader's pokémon
Stats if you know them
Names of pokémon
Moves
Which pokémon leads
etc.

I think this would be a great way to see if perspective teams can actually handle a Gym team.

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2000 07:12 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

East Coast had three "winners" (monsters used when the competition looked stiff). I don't know what the other three were, but I recall an Articuno with Agility...

This is probably what anyone on this board would face:

Mewtwo "grep"
Psychic
Substitute
Amnesia
Rest
max speed, near max or max on everything else.
max PPups for all moves.

Always throws out a sub if it can afford to, when played correctly.

Jolteon "cron"
Thunder
Double Team
Rest
Toxic
max speed, other stats probably high.

Jolteon leads, (even though I have a grass and a ground on my team), and throws a toxic out, in general. Against my Sandslash, however, he retreated, facing me instead with:

Starmie "sed"
Surf
Double Team (*not* Minimize)
Recover
Toxic
Unknown stats.

Again, the purpose seemed to be to poison the enemy, though like cron, it throws out Double Teams whenever it can.

When you test these monsters against yours, you owe it to yourself to max them out on stat EXP and genes. The ones they had were close to perfect, and you shouldn't rely on the weakness of your opponent in general.

Hope this helps,

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2000 07:29 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cfalcon-- Once again you information proves to be invaluable. I will pay homeage to your personage by buring incense and lighting candles. Thank you.

So it's the same for both coasts then?
And do you think that if I acted like I was a newbie, he'd sendout his other team? Or is that only for eight year olds?

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

Hackman
Farting Nudist
Member # 131

Rate Member
posted 03-25-2000 01:20 PM      Profile for Hackman   Author's Homepage   Email Hackman   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not exactly an expert on this but...

At the TCG mall tour in the SF Bay area, the nintendo reps I fought had a starmie, 'X'... I forgot the moves. I was also surprised to see a charizard (named CHARICE) have ice punch (lucky shot at that, my mewtwo's metronomed mimic copied it...)

------------------
Hackman
pds64@hotmail.com
http://hackmanpokemon.u4l.com

From: Silicon Valley! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.