next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Paralysis

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paralysis
Gandalf
Farting Nudist
Member # 77

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2000 02:28 PM      Profile for Gandalf   Author's Homepage   Email Gandalf   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm assuming speed raising/lowering is like other stats, with something like
(speed 1)(speed modifier 1) <> (speed 2)(speed modifier 2)
Where the speed is the speed of the pokemon and the modifier is on the scale of
1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4.
If this is true, would paralysis cut a pokemon's speed modifier down to 1/2? Or does speed work another way...

------------------
---Gandalf---

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2000 07:40 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My not insignifigant testing showed that speed is quartered on a paralyzed monster (using sharked monsters with speeds of 2,3, etc., versus wild monsters with speeds like 10, etc. [wild monsters captured to ascertain exact speed]).

I'm not sure if this sticks when you switch (I think it does, you can check and report back if you want).

Any dissenting opinions? If so, I'll do a serious link trial and stuff...

Hope this helps,
-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Eevee
Farting Nudist
Member # 97

Rate Member
posted 03-20-2000 08:18 PM      Profile for Eevee   Author's Homepage   Email Eevee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, I'm fixing to link up my two GB's and run some tests on PAR. (This will be my first time doing PkMn research...yes i'm a Rookie to PkMn research, but not Training)

Wish me luck!

Cfalcon, I have tried this:
I went into a battle in the Cerulean Cave. I paralyzed an Arbok with my Slowbro. I then switched to a level 100 Beedrill that knew String Shot. I used String Shot six times...

Sooooooooooo,
this rules out that the "PAR" status effect is equal to six String Shots, right?

------------------
I'm Mew from the Upnetwork

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." -Me

"I do not follow, I lead." -Me

"You can't accomplish anything without making an effort." -Me

"You know it, I know it, so don't deny it, Eevee is so cool since it can evolve into 5 types! (Theres two more types in Gold/Silver)

"I don't care what anyone thinks of what I like or what I do...so shove it!" -hehehe Me, being defensive.

Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 07:10 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow it's been so long since I posted, I've been really busy. Hopefully I will be less busy soon.

cfalcon I myself tested Paralysis with Gameshark codes, but I found that it reduced speed to 1/2 of it's initial value, not 1/4. But I didn't test that carefully, and it was long ago.

Someone earlier posted that if you switch out your Paralyzed pokemon and switch him back, he will still have Paralysis but will no longer suffer from the Speed decrease. Is this true?

Would switching a pokemon out also remove the 1/2 Attack decrease from Burn?

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 03-22-2000 07:42 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think so. I haven't played in a while, but as I recall, my Toby led off every match against a paralyed foe, if my memory's correct

------------------
~Slick has spoken~
Every year more women become pregnant than men.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-22-2000 09:28 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wintermute just cracked this one recently and we'll have a page up about it soon (well, hopefully).

The short answer is that it quarters the victim's Speed.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.