The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » NEVER EVER SEND GHOST TYPES TO FIGHT PSYCHIC TYPES!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEVER EVER SEND GHOST TYPES TO FIGHT PSYCHIC TYPES!
Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 07:55 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NOTE: This is a message which is very stupid and should not be read on because it makes me look like I know very litle about pokémon!

For some reason Nintendo made Ghost types strong against Psychic attacks. This was stupid because all Ghosts in Red/Blue are part POISON!

I don't know why I posted this here. I just felt like it!

------------------
The empty §ig of Jigglypuff!

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 08:02 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I think most everybody here has known that for some time.

Also, to ensure that you know, non-set damage Ghost attacks actually do no damage to Psychics, due to misprogramming. (Lick doesn't do lick to Hypno... weak move anyways...)

A lot of this is corrected in Gold and Silver.

Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 08:07 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I told you it would make it look like I knew very little about pokémon.

------------------
The empty §ig of Jigglypuff!

Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 09:27 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a bad idea, anyhoo, being part poison and all. But everyone already knew that, too.

------------------
~Slick has spoken~
Every year more women become pregnant than men.

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 10:31 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Misprogramming?

I think they wanted ghosts to be schooled by psychics (makes sense), and the NOA boys can't type a simple chart in. That isn't the only error on that chart (or in the instruction manual for that matter).

Or is that actually not the case in Metallics? Did Nintendo actually want the opposite to be true? Did they just not hire bug testers? (I feel like I've been swimming for hours, I know my time is running out, I've hit the exit pipe twice but I keep respawning here in this level 7-2 looking place... what could be the point of this minus world?).

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Takeshi
Farting Nudist
Member # 125

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 11:01 PM      Profile for Takeshi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um yeah, but I don't really like Ghost types that much anyways.

Oh vell, look at G-S, Steel and Evil will render Mewtwo useless!

any questions?
-Takeshi

------------------
"I don't really give a damn who you are, it's what you do that matters."
~Lord Voldemort (the one on the UPN BBS)

From: Houston, TX, United States | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 03:43 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they wanted ghosts to be schooled by psychics (makes sense), and the NOA boys can't type a simple chart in. That isn't the only error on that chart (or in the instruction manual for that matter).

There's one more error in the manual, it says that Bug is weak to Poison. That's wrong for RB, but they rewrote the chart for Yellow.

Or is that actually not the case in Metallics? Did Nintendo actually want the opposite to be true? Did they just not hire bug testers? (I feel like I've been swimming for hours, I know my time is running out, I've hit the exit pipe twice but I keep respawning here in this level 7-2 looking place... what could be the point of this minus world?).

Yep, both Bug VS Poison and Ghost VS Psychic are fixed in GS.

-cfalcon
[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"...I'm ghetto like a high-school dropout,
When hoes be fighting and they tittie pop out..."
- "Ghetto Boy"

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 06:53 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the Ghost/Psychic thing is fixed in G/S, that would make sense, especially since there've been a number of episodes in the show very strongly pointing out that Ghosts are super effective vs. Psychic.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 08:15 AM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:
There's one more error in the manual, it says that Bug is weak to Poison. That's wrong for RB, but they rewrote the chart for Yellow.
[/B]

What? I'm 95% sure bug IS weak to poison. I could've missed something though.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 11:40 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lemme get this straight:

G/S Bug->Poison is NORMAL damage instead of double? I think I noticed this while playing, but wasn't sure...

G/S Poison-Bug is double? I thought that was the case in chromatics, but I don't play with bugs much, or poison attacks...

G/S Ghost->Psychic is double?

Does anyone have a type chart lying around for G/S? I'd like to see how this stuff looks for real.

How is Ghost->Evil? Evil->Ghost looked double effective...

-cfalcon

------------------

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 02:25 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if ghost vs. psychic is double, why does lick not effect psychic types?

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

Ravashack
Farting Nudist
Member # 128

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 03:04 PM      Profile for Ravashack     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can honestly say that Bug does take 2x damage from Poison. Smack a Caterpie or Scyther/Pinsir with a Poison Sting (not that it does a whole lot anyway) if you don't believe me.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 03:09 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Poison does double to bugs in chromatics, that's known (chromatics=colors=R/B/Y/G pokemon), while I was wondering if that was the case in metallics (Gold/Silver). I think I hit a bug with a poison attack and it didn't tell me double...

Same with ghosts. Lick can't touch a psychic in chromatics. My question was for the new games...

Sorry about the confusion.

-cfalcon

------------------

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 03:56 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

Poison does double to bugs in chromatics, that's known (chromatics=colors=R/B/Y/G pokemon), while I was wondering if that was the case in metallics (Gold/Silver). I think I hit a bug with a poison attack and it didn't tell me double...

What I'm hearing is, Bugs only take Normal damage from Poison now, but Poison-types are now resistant to Bug attacks.

quote:
Same with ghosts. Lick can't touch a psychic in chromatics.

Right, but Ghost attacks are hitting Psychics in G/S. Additionally, Night Shade reportedly no longer works on Normal Pokémon. People are stating similar results when Seismic Toss is used against Ghost-types.

------------------
Project:Metronome

Because it's not like you have anything else better to do.

Square
Farting Nudist
Member # 93

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 05:12 PM      Profile for Square   Author's Homepage   Email Square   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you know ghost doesnt effect normal types either.... get a gastly to lick one for you and find out for yourself!

------------------
Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me up. In a room. I died there. They buried me. In a box. With worms. I hate worms. They drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once.....

From: deep in a swamp, under a rock, in a cocoon | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 07:33 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZZTRaider:
What? I'm 95% sure bug IS weak to poison. I could've missed something though.

Whoops, that should have been Poison is weak to Bug in RBY, and resistant to Bug in GS.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.

The Kitty Litter Box.
- GOT KITTY?

- "Ghetto Boy"

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 07:37 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right, but Ghost attacks are hitting Psychics in G/S.

And very well, might I add.

Additionally, Night Shade reportedly no longer works on Normal Pokémon. People are stating similar results when Seismic Toss is used against Ghost-types.

Yep, that's correct.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.

The Kitty Litter Box.
- GOT KITTY?

- "Ghetto Boy"

Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 03-17-2000 10:17 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How can they make Poison resistent to Bug??? Thats the only thing it hurts!! All plants have poison in them. Bugs will loose their weed-whacking advantage. This can't be! Why? WWWHHHYYYYYY??????
hey, a twinkie

------------------
Your avian friend,
-Jackdaw

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2000 04:55 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they wanted ghosts to be schooled by psychics (makes sense),

I must disagree. Psychics are capable of moving objects with telepathic powers. However, since Ghosts are just spirits, they don't really have any material substance for the Psykers to "grab" and move.

Personally, I think that Ghosts should be immune to all physical attacks. If a fist can't harm them, why should a rock or a beak be any good? (They'd have to be really weakened in other ways if this happened, or they'd be really overpowered.)

and the NOA boys can't type a simple chart in.

Has anyone checked to see how Ghost attacks fare against Psychics in the Japanese Red/Green/Blue games?

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2000 05:04 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's an attack chart for G/S. This came from Meowth346's page, although I changed it to the format I'm used to (attacks on the top, defending types on the side).

N F W E G I F P G F P B R G D E S
o i a l r c i o r l s u o h r v t
r r t e a e g i o y i g c o a i e
01 . . . . . . + . . . . . . x . . .
02 . - + . - - . . + . . - + . . . -
03 . - - + + - . . . . . . . . . . -
04 . . . - . . . . + - . . . . . . -
05 . + - - - + . + - + . + . . . . .
06 . + . . . - + . . . . . + . . . +
07 . . . . . . . . . + + - - . . - .
08 . . . . - . - - + . + - . . . . .
09 . . + x + + . - . . . . - . . . .
10 . . . + - + - . x . . - + . . . .
11 . . . . . . - . . . - + . + . + .
12 . + . . - . - . - + . . + . . . .
13 - - + . + . + - + - . . . . . . +
14 x . . . . . x - . . . - . + . + .
15 . - - - - + . . . . . . . . + . .
16 . . . . . . + . . . x + . - . - .
17 - + . . - - + x + - - - - - - - -

[This message has been edited by White Cat (edited 03-18-2000).]

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2000 05:08 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rats, it won't display properly without a fixed-width font. Just copy it to Notepad or something, or find it at Meowth346's page at http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/Meowth346/forever.htm
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2000 06:47 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
How can they make Poison resistent to Bug??? Thats the only thing it hurts!!

Well, there's those Psychic, Grass, and Shadow/Evil/Dark/Devil types. They can be hurt with Bug attacks.

quote:
All plants have poison in them. Bugs will loose their weed-whacking advantage.

Parasect, Exeggutor, Tangela, Meganiumu, Kireihana, Kimawari, and Serebii are all non-poison Grass types. Bug will affect them normally (except for Serebii and Exeggutor, which Bug will be Double Super Effective against them due to their dual-type of Psychic.)

------------------
Project:Metronome

Because it's not like you have anything else better to do.

Porcupine
Farting Nudist
Member # 46

Member Rated:
posted 03-21-2000 07:23 PM      Profile for Porcupine   Email Porcupine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth's "Pokemon Forever" web page has a complete Battle Element type chart for Gold/Silver. As far as I have seen it is 100% accurate. There are some changes in the chart, like Ghost vs Psychic. Also some of the Bug vs Poison and other type relations have changed. Check it out. It's a really old list I've had it for many months.

I think it is safe to say that in Gold/Silver everything is as the Nintendo people and Pokemon programmers want it to be. They fixed all the overpowered moves that I have seen. Can you name even a single overpowered move in Blue/Red that was not revamped in Gold/Silver? So Ghost IS supposed to kick Psychic's ass, at least in theory. Psychic still hurts Poison, so Gengar vs Mewtwo is still an even battle type-wise...

There are a a lot of new Gold/Silver moves though that I am unsure of what they do or never seen before. Is Serebii very good? Mew was very good, possibly the best pokemon, in Blue/Red (because of Transform).

------------------

From: Honolulu, HI, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.