next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Stadium Research

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stadium Research
NeoSyrex
Farting Nudist
Member # 52

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 05:26 PM      Profile for NeoSyrex   Author's Homepage   Email NeoSyrex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Toxic:
-It does not double every turn. Instead, it adds the initial poison damage to itself every turn, kind of like a greatly increasing stat changer. (ie. 25, 50, 75, 100...)
-It rounds down the % for 6.2%. (Was it always like this? I always thought it was rounded up, because it would then be possible for a level 2 Pidgey, for example, to take no damage from poison.)
-Switching away still resets the value for Toxic to 1.
-Rest resets the value for Toxic to 1.

Focus Energy:
-It now increases the critical hit % of the pokémon using it, like in G/S.
-The % of getting a critical hit while Focus Energy is in effect seemed to be about 75%, but I only ran about 20 test.
-Speed didn't seem to alter the % of getting a critical hit, but again I only used the move about 20 times to test this.

Other Observations (no real official tests to prove these, just what I've been noticing):
-The chances of full paralyzation are really low, I'd say about 10%.
-Moves that have a side effect other than causing a change in status seem to trigger the effect more oftenly (there's no way Psychic's chance of reducing Special is only 10%, it seems more like 30%.)
-The chances of a pokémon being hurt in its confusion seem to be way higher than they did in R/B/Y.
-The chances of Blizzard freezing must be lower than 30%, it rarely ever happens (although I always thought 30% was way too high, even in R/B/Y...)

------------------

From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 05:33 PM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Toxic:
-It does not double every turn. Instead, it adds the initial poison damage to itself every turn, kind of like a greatly increasing stat changer. (ie. 25, 50, 75, 100...)
*It wasn't like that?*

-It rounds down the % for 6.2%. (Was it always like this? I always thought it was rounded up, because it would then be possible for a level 2 Pidgey, for example, to take no damage from poison.)
*okay...*

-Switching away still resets the value for Toxic to 1.
*That's the same. I think.*

*Okay.*

Focus Energy:
-It now increases the critical hit % of the pokémon using it, like in G/S.
*makes sense*

-The % of getting a critical hit while Focus Energy is in effect seemed to be about 75%, but I only ran about 20 test.
*makes sense*

-Speed didn't seem to alter the % of getting a critical hit, but again I only used the move about 20 times to test this.
*makes sense*

Other Observations (no real official tests to prove these, just what I've been noticing):
*seems right*

-Moves that have a side effect other than causing a change in status seem to trigger the effect more oftenly (there's no way Psychic's chance of reducing Special is only 10%, it seems more like 30%.)
*For psychic, if you check what the moves do in stadium, it says it has a 1/3 chance of lowering special*

-The chances of a pokémon being hurt in its confusion seem to be way higher than they did in R/B/Y.
*For my L73 Mewtwo it seemed lower (even for mewtwo)*

-The chances of Blizzard freezing must be lower than 30%, it rarely ever happens (although I always thought 30% was way too high, even in R/B/Y...)
*Similar to Psychic, it says 1/10 chance of freezing. (30%, if you ask me, is better)

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 07:14 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Toxic:

Damn. there goes Toxic seed. If thats true toxic isn't good anymore.

------------------
"I thought you said you were gonna watch a video"
"We did, an video on how to make your own sausge"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 07:37 PM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

~I disagree, my personal experience is paralyzation is worse in stadium than in the game, I only attack around 1 out of 4 turns.

------------------
"I gave you all a plate of corn muffins to rate my team..."
-Charmeleon411-

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 07:42 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, but that's because the comp cheats. If the comp is Paralyzed, the chances of it being fully paralyzed is a lot lower.

------------------

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 02:16 AM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Neo,

Toxic:

It behaves like that in RBY, too.

Hmm, I can't recall. I think Toad knows, though: he's got a bunch of data on PSN damage. BTW, have you seen the new Toxic page here? The exact percentage seems to be 6.25%, or 1/16.

Maybe there's a floor of 1 pt for PSN damage.

That's a shame. I mean, nice for the Resting guy, but I kind of liked that chance of a belated Leech Seed taking off half of the victim's HP on the first suck. What did you re-PSN/BRN/LS the victim with, btw?

I share your sense of the other probabilities you mention, though I don't have much by way of data yet either.

------------------

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 02:59 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
I think Toad knows, though: he's got a bunch of data on PSN damage. BTW, have you seen the new Toxic page here? The exact percentage seems to be 6.25%, or 1/16.

Ah, the one bit of research Koffing was able to help me out with. Well, my previous estimate was 6.3%, dropping the decimal, but 6.25% also works with my data as well as your more detailed result. But it's not rounding down, it's just dropping the remainder of division by 16.

quote:
Maybe there's a floor of 1 pt for PSN damage.

That would be my guess.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 09:34 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since it's ridiculously easy to divide by 16 in the game, that's probably what they did. my guess is that the pseudocode probably goes:

load register with MaxHp
bitshiftright register 4 bits
if register is greater than zero, goto PAST
load regiter with 1
PAST
mul register by Factor
subtract register from CurHp

With Factor being the value incremented by Toxic and normally equal to one.

Keep in mind this is a guess (haven't even tested it), but come on, isn't this how you guys would code it?

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 12:19 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's how I would Tell person to program it

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

NeoSyrex
Farting Nudist
Member # 52

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 07:08 PM      Profile for NeoSyrex   Author's Homepage   Email NeoSyrex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Toxic:

It behaves like that in RBY, too.

No, in RBY it goes like 25, 50, 100, 200...

quote:

That's a shame. I mean, nice for the Resting guy, but I kind of liked that chance of a belated Leech Seed taking off half of the victim's HP on the first suck. What did you re-PSN/BRN/LS the victim with, btw?

Heh, my Mewtwo has Rest, so I was happy with the fix ^^. I used Leech Seed, btw.

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 09:45 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, in RBY it goes like 25, 50, 100, 200...

Not according to the Toxic info on this site...

NeoSyrex
Farting Nudist
Member # 52

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 10:20 PM      Profile for NeoSyrex   Author's Homepage   Email NeoSyrex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, duh, your right... guess I haven't been getting enough sleep since I got Stadium ^^; Sorry.

------------------

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2000 10:30 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't worry man, youre not alone. Getting that Psyduck has been the hardest thing ive ever done

------------------
"Screw you guys, I'm going home" Cartman

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
NeoSyrex
Farting Nudist
Member # 52

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 08:09 PM      Profile for NeoSyrex   Author's Homepage   Email NeoSyrex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I found a new change (I think its a change, at least)- When a pokémon uses Counter, if the opponent puts it to sleep before it can use Counter it will still have the speed reduction until it has a turn in which it can attack, and will then Counter.

Here's some other possibilities that I haven't tested, but are probably true:

-It's probably the same for any move that prevents the pokémon from attacking, like full paralyzation, flinching, being hurt in its confusion, and freezing.
-It probably works the same for Bide.
-If the pokémon using Counter is put to sleep, then damaged with a Normal/Fighting type move for any of the turns it was asleep, it will counter the damage it was dealt while asleep, I'd imagine.

I also noticed that the damage a pokémon inflicts to itslef when it hurts itself in its confusion while the other pokémon is using Bide is counted as damage for Bide. Is this the same in R/B/Y?

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.