The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Last thing to talk about for today: Wild stat variables

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Last thing to talk about for today: Wild stat variables
CPioli
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 120

Rate Member
posted 03-12-2000 05:18 PM      Profile for CPioli   Email CPioli   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone here actually know what the minimum and maximum stats can be for wild Pokemon?

This will probably be old news, but, I never saw anyone talk about it, so I may as well

The rule is that at level 50, wild Pokemon (pkmn who have not gained stat points) will have stats equaling their base stat (see Necrasaro's web site) plus the variable they have, which can be 0-15

For example, Cloyster has base stat of 180. When Cloyster reaches level 50 without gaining any experience points, it's stats will be 180 plus it's variable. Everyone always says this is the only way to find the right max stats for the Pokemon

But I've found another way.

For every 10 levels a Pokemon has, it will have 3 variables for it's stats

For example, a level 3 Rattata has no variables at all: its impossible to tell whether ot not it will be strong.

But, in fact, it does have a stat variable: 1

For instance, a Rattata with stats

Atk: 8
Def: 8
Spd: 8
Spc: 8

Would be much stronger at level 100 than a Rattata with

Atk: 8
Def: 7
Spd: 7
Spc: 7

There is a one variable there, and it can be used to your advantage!

At level 100, there are a possible 30 variables, and at level 50, there are a possible 15 variables. Put this into a ratio

100:30
50:15

Theres a definite pattern here: for every 3 levels you gain, another 1 stat variable will be shown.

At level 10, 3 stat variables are visible
At level 20, 6 stat variables are visible

and so on...

unfortunately, 3 doesn't divide into 100 evenly. So, for every 3.333333 (repeating decimal) levels a wild Pokemon is at, it will have 1 stat variable

the stat variable is magnified for every time a Pokemon gains levels. For instance...

A Wild Pokemon at level 50 may have a max Hp variable stat of 15, but at level 100, that could mean it'd be around a variable of 29-30 hp.

This is pretty much the way I've seen this to work, but it doesn't have anything to do with max stats, just max stat potential (I think).

Does anyone understand this?

From: not to be told for some odd reason | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 05:24 PM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by CPioli:
Does anyone understand this?

What you're saying makes sense, and it's an interesting way to look at it. But I trust you're aware that you're only describing the output of an underlying algorithm. It might be described any number of different ways, but I think the most powerful way is the actual way: namely the stat formulae revealed by Necro, used by Grey Cloak, and described in detail by Marcus in his Mechanics document.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Wintermute (edited 03-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wintermute (edited 03-12-2000).]

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 05:29 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good thinking, and an interesting way of looking at it. But it's still impossible to tell at level 3 how good a pokemon could be. Because since every 1 in 3 will have the variable, some of them will invariably have better stats than others. Thats why its better to catch pokes at higher levels in order to see more distinct differences

------------------
"I thought you said you were gonna watch a video"
"We did, an video on how to make your own sausge"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
CPioli
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 120

Rate Member
posted 03-12-2000 05:36 PM      Profile for CPioli   Email CPioli   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have a vague estimate, really.

For instance, if I were to catch a level 30 (9 stat variables) growlithe, and if it were to have all stat variables on 9, that would mean that at level 100, the max stats can be anywhere from right on the dot to below it by 4 stat points.

If you don't have time to get all Pokemon up to level 50, resulting in grueling amounts of sharking for Rare Candies, etc, then you may want to consider this.

...now I have to check to see what "underlying algorithm" means, with the help of my good ol' bud, Webster ^^.

From: not to be told for some odd reason | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2000 11:37 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O.K., I see, so what your really trying to communicate to my Mind/Body/Spirit complex is that if the ionic fluxuation of the psychotronic phase O' morph has a dangle with an angle that is directly porportional to the beat of the meat? I, however, disagree with your hypothesis, I think that the parallel plane of the shish-kabob is only partialy concordant with the whatchimacolic thingie-thing x Pi to the infinity power + 2.4.6.9...(J/K!^_^)
What I really want to know is if when a pokémon is candied to lvl50 unaltered by vitamins, battle, ect...is it going to reflect the actuall stat potential? I mean, I don't understand this 15 variable stuff, I mean, there's no explenation that puts it like if I was 4...wich I am not...=^)
But, I just want to know how can I tell if I caught a maxed pokémon? Do I just catch it, candy to lvl50 and then compare with the Skill finder? Is that the way to tell? I need help... =^)

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2000 11:57 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
But, I just want to know how can I tell if I caught a maxed pokémon? Do I just catch it, candy to lvl50 and then compare with the Skill finder? Is that the way to tell?

That's it exactly.

See...you secretly understand, but you just don't want to admit you're as nerdly as us.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ravashack
Farting Nudist
Member # 128

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 03:31 PM      Profile for Ravashack     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aren't there also lower levels where the numbers come out even though? For example, if you find a level 30 Snorlax through Necrosaro's formula to find the highest stats, you'll find that the end result is 4 exact numbers. Granted, all the numbers in Snorlax's stats are divisible by 5, but I'm sure you get what I mean. It's probably too much number crunching though.

------------------

Square
Farting Nudist
Member # 93

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 03:36 PM      Profile for Square   Author's Homepage   Email Square   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
O.K., I see, so what your really trying to communicate to my Mind/Body/Spirit complex is that if the ionic fluxuation of the psychotronic phase O' morph has a dangle with an angle that is directly porportional to the beat of the meat? I, however, disagree with your hypothesis, I think that the parallel plane of the shish-kabob is only partialy concordant with the whatchimacolic thingie-thing x Pi to the infinity power + 2.4.6.9...(J/K!^_^)

HA!!!! dude that was hilarious! hehe

------------------
Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me up. In a room. I died there. They buried me. In a box. With worms. I hate worms. They drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once.....

From: deep in a swamp, under a rock, in a cocoon | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 10:34 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, that would be to the infinite power, not infinity power.

------------------
The new millennium doesn't begin until 2001!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.