The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Question about stat-raising moves

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about stat-raising moves
CPioli
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 120

Rate Member
posted 03-12-2000 04:48 PM      Profile for CPioli   Email CPioli   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, here is what I want to know:

Do stat moves increase some stat areas by a unit, or by a percentage of the Pokemon's current stat in that area?

For instance, if I had a Scyther (with 180 attack) using Swords Dance, would Swords Dance

• Raise the Attack rating by a percentage (eg, 30%, 40%, etc)
  • Raise it by a number depending on your Pokemon's level
  • Raise it by an unchangeable unit

Also, the same goes for moves like Harden, Growl, etc.

But, about Acid Armor and Withdrawl: they are Water and Poison type moves. does this give the user an advantage if it was the same type as that of the attack? (Same w/ Amnesia)

Reflect and Light Screen cut down da,mage by half (which is obvious), but I wanted to know about these moves...

Lastly, how will moves lowering stats do damage?

From: not to be told for some odd reason | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
  • Jackdaw
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 118

Member Rated:
    posted 03-12-2000 04:55 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    I know for a fact that Amnesia, Agility, Barrier, and Acid Armor act on your 'base' stat, ie: if you have 100 DEF and use Acid Armor, after the first use you'll have 200, the second 300, etc. Also remember that you can only reach 999 in any stat.

Lowering attacks most likely work in %'s. 50%, 25%, etc.

------------------
    Your avian friend,
    -Jackdaw

Wintermute
    My custom title sucks.
    Member # 5

Member Rated:
    posted 03-12-2000 05:20 PM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    CPioli, check out the multiplier progression on our Combat page. Jackdaw is right: those multipliers can be considered to act on the relevant base stat, and the max for any stat is 999.

There's no advantage for being the same type as a stat modifier move.

------------------

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
    Takeshi
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 125

Member Rated:
    posted 03-12-2000 06:31 PM      Profile for Takeshi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Swords Dance would double the attack rating, to my knowledge. If it was an attack-raising move that wasn't as strong as Swords Dance, it would probably only raise the attack by a certain percentage (ie. 50%). Actually, I don't recall any attacks like that right now. And yes, Jackdaw is correct about all his info.

BTW, nice to see ya CPioli!

any questions?
    -Takeshi

------------------

From: Houston, TX, United States | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
    cfalcon
    OLDNBLD
    Member # 19

Member Rated:
    posted 03-12-2000 08:13 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Meditate

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
    Rysto
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 24

Member Rated:
    posted 03-13-2000 11:26 AM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Just check out the attacks part of the compendum, it will explain everything.

------------------

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
    Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
    Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.