The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Mega Drain Vs Substitute

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mega Drain Vs Substitute
Jedah
Farting Nudist
Member # 20

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 07:14 PM      Profile for Jedah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, playing Stadium (Japanese) with rentals, I had Spear use Mega Drain on Nidoqueen who has Substitued. It didn't do anything in 5 attacks.

Does MD work against Sub, or did I just have really bad accuracy that match?

---------

Sweet and to the point. Nega-UPN.

------------------

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 09:11 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think there are a few answers: One, maybe because Drain is so weak and Queen is so strong, you didn't notice the healing effect.
Two, coincidences can happen, so you missed every time. Three, there is something wrong with your version. I seriuosly doubt that Drain, weak as it is, could not break a sub in Five turns.

------------------
"Screw you guys, I'm going home" Cartman

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jedah
Farting Nudist
Member # 20

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 09:24 PM      Profile for Jedah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but if MD hits, it shows the opponent get damaged and makes a sucky sucky noise as their hits are drained away. In Stadium, as you probably know, if an attack is not effective or misses, it just shows the opponent stood there. This is what MD kept doing. Twinneedle just tore it apart.

------------------
Sweet and to the point.

AOL IM: TR Jedah

Team Rocket UK

It's my understanding that Azure Heights respects knowledge and ignores garbage. Compare that to UPN, who punish knowledge and credit posts about which moderator is a choice piece of ass. It's no contest really. - Me, my new arrival speech.

Liberated from UPN.

Ok, not to sweet and to the point.

Eevee
Farting Nudist
Member # 97

Rate Member
posted 03-13-2000 06:38 PM      Profile for Eevee   Author's Homepage   Email Eevee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wierd!

------------------
I'm Mew from the Upnetwork. Ya, FREAKING MALE!
hehehe...Gag from the upnetwork!

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." -Me

"I do not follow, I lead." -Me

"You can't accomplish anything without making an effort." -Me

"You know it, I know it, so don't deny it, Eevee is so cool since it can evolve into 5 types! (Theres two more type in Gold/Silver)

[img]http://members.aol.com/FLGFan/eevee25.jpg[/img]

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2000 09:43 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tries that on my Stadium pak, and the Sub broke after two hits. I didn't get any Hp increase though..

------------------
"I thought you said you were gonna watch a video"
"We did, an video on how to make your own sausge"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 12:12 AM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just got stadium, and I used 23 leechlifes on a Mewtwo with Sub, and I did not hit once. No evade modifiers were in place, so I think anything that drains life(DreamEater, Drain,Absorb,LeechLife) will not work. I guess the game likes to piss me off.

------------------
"Screw you guys, I'm going home" Cartman

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2000 02:39 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Has anyone noticed not getting recoil from hitting a substitute?

-cfalcon

------------------

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.