next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Stadium Stuff

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stadium Stuff
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 08:05 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I already saw it pointed out that recoil damage doesn't take effect if you KO the victim.

I saw Sing miss 5 times in a row, but that's not all that unusual.

The first real weird thing: 6 on 6, Muk vs. sleeping Blastoise with 8 HP. Blastoise is my opponent's last Pokemon. Just to make sure I kilt Blastoise good and dead, I Selfdestructed...Muk blew up, but nothing happened to Blastoise! Muk was not my last Pokemon...I finished Blastoise off safely with some other rental.

Another attempt to use Selfdestruct on a sleeping Pokemon worked just fine, but it wasn't the last one in the game.

Hmph.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 02:49 PM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Mr. K:
I saw Sing miss 5 times in a row, but that's not all that unusual.

While fighting game trainers I've seen some suspicious outcomes related to probability that made me suspect that the game monkeyed with the outcome in order to make the gameplay closer/more exciting. But as you say, my suspicions and a dime won't buy me a cup of coffee.

Besides, I heard once that probability can be a real bitch.

The first real weird thing: 6 on 6, Muk vs. sleeping Blastoise with 8 HP. Blastoise is my opponent's last Pokemon. Just to make sure I kilt Blastoise good and dead, I Selfdestructed...Muk blew up, but nothing happened to Blastoise!

One thing I've found is that while I'm entranced by the animation on the screen (even after seeing it 10 times), I sometimes miss both the onscreen message AND what the announcer is saying (plus sometimes I just turn it down). What I'm getting at is: is there any chance that Explosion just missed?

As for my own glitch report, I'd swear that I was fighting Goldeen with my rental Muk, and was paralyzed by a Horn Drill. Odds are that this was my mistake, and somehow I had just forgotten that Muk was paralyzed, but I don't think so.

------------------

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 03:37 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
While fighting game trainers I've seen some suspicious outcomes related to probability that made me suspect that the game monkeyed with the outcome in order to make the gameplay closer/more exciting. But as you say, my suspicions and a dime won't buy me a cup of coffee.

Something totally irritating along those lines today. I ran the computer's Charizard out of PP with Fire Spin. It just would not miss! I was playing for about 10 minutes without getting in a single attack!

It really started pissing me off.

All I could do was keep switching Pokemon, but since they were all slow (Wiggly, Koffing, and Snorlax), I just kept getting spun. Finally, it ran out of PP and switched to Dragonite, who Horn Drilled Wiggly and Snorlax!

Finally Koffing took down the Dragonite, but it couldn't take on the whole team and eventually fell.

What a crock.

As someone else mentioned, I think One-Hit KOs have been seriously monkeyed with.

Then again, it could just be that most regular players don't use them. However, given my playing style of wearing down the enemy with Body Slams, it would seem to be a great way to kick my ass.

quote:
Besides, I heard once that probability can be a real bitch.

I heard that once too somewhere...

quote:
One thing I've found is that while I'm entranced by the animation on the screen (even after seeing it 10 times), I sometimes miss both the onscreen message AND what the announcer is saying (plus sometimes I just turn it down). What I'm getting at is: is there any chance that Explosion just missed?

Hmmm. Now that you mention it, that is quite possible. I've also seen an unscathed Wiggly miss with Body Slam, so the moves are definitely not 100% accurate.

quote:
As for my own glitch report, I'd swear that I was fighting Goldeen with my rental Muk, and was paralyzed by a Horn Drill. Odds are that this was my mistake, and somehow I had just forgotten that Muk was paralyzed, but I don't think so.

Yeah, now that you mentioned being absorbed in the animation, we might have to wait for the magic to wear off to see some real tests.

Is there any way to speed up Stadium battles? I was getting really tired of that Fire Spin animation.

------------------
KOFFING!

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 03:55 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know that I've seen either Self-Destruct or Explosion miss on the GameBoy...
Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2000 03:12 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One time my friend Fire Spinned me to oblivion. And that same friend missed with Explosion once. I kinda felt sorry for him, but then again, it was from a Metronome on his M2 (he likes the wacked moves).

------------------
~Slick has spoken~
Every year more women become pregnant than men.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 05:10 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Given the way Stadium works (and maybe the way RBY works, I've never tested), I think you could put together a real motherhumper of a team with just fast guys who Wrap, Fire Spin, Clamp, etc. and/or One-hit KO.

In fact, a PP UPed, Double Teaming fast somethingerother could probably very easily One-Hit KO your team to death.

But, boy, would you be hated.

I sure hate that computer.

------------------
KOFFING!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.