The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Report on the Bleeding Effect of Stat Boosters

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Report on the Bleeding Effect of Stat Boosters
Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 02-29-2000 11:23 PM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For a while now, some people have been noticing that certain moves such as Growth (raises special) can have certain side effects (raising speed). This is no illusion, it actually happens. Whether it is a glitch and thus won't appear in Stadium, or something that is intentionally programmed is undetermined.
What exactly does it do? Is there a certain effect for each move or does it only bleed the effect to one other move?

I don't know about ALL moves, but the moves that seem to do the most are the six turn max out stat boosters. The one I tested in particular is Defence Curl. While trying to catch a Snorlax with my Graveller, I noticed that Self-Destruct would reduce the health enough for it to be caught if it was asleep from rest. After doing this and obtaining an unsatisfactory Snorlax (10 pts off Special, *shudder*), I reset, woke up Snorlax again for another attempt. I start off with Mega Punch and wait for it to rest... but it doesn't. So I pass the time with Defence Curls. About 8 turns later, Snorlax FINALLY decided to rest. Then, I use Self Destruct...

SNORLAX FAINTED!!!

I tried it again with Mega Punch. First one hit Normally, then Snorlax Rested. I Defence Curl Six times. Then, I use Mega Punch... Increased damage. He rests again and I use Mega Punch again, this time for a critical hit... it is less than the damage previously aquired.

From this and a few other experiments, I derived that, when a Booster Bleeds it's effect, instead of boosting the rate from 1 to 2 to 3 as in the case of Swords Dance or 1 to 1.5 to 2 to 2.5 to 3 to 3.5 as does Sharpen, it boosts by an increment of 1.25 with each use (approximately). This means that with Defence Curl, you can boost your Defence to four times the original and ATTACK to 2.5 times the original!

Whether or not this is applicable in the same way to other stat boosters is undetermined. My guess would be that Harden would do the same thing, as would Withdraw (but it is a Water type attack and therefore may have a different bleed to), but other moves I am entirely unsure of, although I do have some observations listed below...

Swords Dance & Rage = Attack, Bleed to Speed

Growth = Special, Bleed to Speed

Amnesia = Special, Bleed to (Undeterminate Results)

Perhaps, also, every stat is bled to. This would mean that when you use something as simple as Defence Curl, you could increase you special, attack, and speed along with Defence. Thank you for reading.

( (c) M23 Innovations ^_~)

------------------

AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 02:29 AM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
is this true for link battle games???

------------------
-Atomic Mew

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 02:35 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AtomicMew:
is this true for link battle games???

No.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 03:08 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
No.

I didn't think so, heh, maybe it's ranked alongside what I saw as "PP Decay" as a strictly in-game effect.

However, I had it reported to me by someone testing a Psyduck against a Ninetales in a link battle as well...

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"...I'm ghetto like a high-school dropout,
When hoes be fighting and they tittie pop out..."
- "Ghetto Boy"

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 11:21 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Swords dance raises the attack much more than sharpen, as it adds the original attack value each time you use it. Sharpen only adds half.
When I saw this with my vaporeon, Acid armor and double team bled to all the stats. Everyone was saying that it raised them by 1/8.

------------------
If I had a Snorlax, I'd use him as a Bed

Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 09:02 PM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not so sure about this non-link battle theory. Tangela gets faster vs. My friend's Gengar when I use Growth, and that is definately a bled effect that is more visible than most.

------------------

Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 10:54 PM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's not really a theory. I've done 500 trials of Evade-modifiers under link battle conditions, using two pokemon with a 1 point difference in Speed. The slower pokemon was the one doing the Evade-boosting, and it never went first. Just now I tested several dozen trials using two other pokemon with a 1 point difference in Speed. The slower pokemon used Amnesia, Growth, Swords Dance, and Barrier several times each, and it never went first.

I've also tested for bleeding into Attack and Defense under link battle conditions, and it never turned up.

If it's happened to someone else, well, ok. But in the context of the sum of carefully collected data on the subject, link battle bleeding is the extreme exception to the rule. Then again, bleeding itself may well be a glitch, so it might be expected to turn up unpredictably.

------------------

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 08:05 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I knew that happens for some attacks but not for defense curl. Agility also increases chances of delivering a critical hit!

------------------
The empty §ig of Jigglypuff!

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2000 10:54 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moltres23:
While trying to catch a Snorlax with my Graveller, I noticed that Self-Destruct would reduce the health enough for it to be caught if it was asleep from rest

Actually, I caught three Snorlaxes at full health while sleeping with 2-3 UBs each.

------------------
The new millennium doesn't begin until 2001!

New Guy
Farting Nudist
Member # 692

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 12:56 AM      Profile for New Guy   Email New Guy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone ever tested stat-bleeding on stadium?

------------------
I may be a Nubian, but I'm no dummy.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.