The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall   » Upright Citizen's Brigade (2 v 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Upright Citizen's Brigade (2 v 2)
DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2003 03:17 AM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, this team will be used for 2 v 2 battling. I won't be a dickwad and name berries by their names. I'll just put their effect so you wont have to look them up.

Starters:

1. Ninjask [Careful, plus Spec. Def, minus Spec. Att.](Speed Boost)
@berry that increases attack

-Protect
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Silver Wind

HP - 60 pts
Att - 150 pts
Def - 50 pts
Spec. Att - 0 pts
Spec. Def - 250 pts
Speed - 0 pts

and

2. Starmie [Modest, plus Spec. Att., minus Att.] (Natural Healing)
@ Leftovers

-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Light Screen
-Recover

HP - 50
Att - 0
Def - 0
Spec. Att - 250
Spec. Def - 210
Speed - 0

--------------------------------------- Rest of Team

3. Slaking [Adamant, plus Attack, minus Spec. Att](Truant)
@ Sleep Cure Berry

-Hyper Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Earthquake
-Rest

HP - 0
Att - 250
Def - 250
Spec. Att - 0
Spec. Def - 10
Speed - 0

4. Latias [Calm, plus Spec. Def, minus Att.] (Levitate)
@Leftovers

-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind
-Recover

HP - 10
Att - 0
Def - 0
Spec. Att - 250
Spec. Def - 250
Speed - 0

5. Rhydon [Careful, plus Spec. Def, minus Spec. Att.] (Lightning Rod)
@ Focus Band

-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Roar
-Swords Dance

HP - 10
Att - 250
Def - 0
Spec. Att - 0
Spec. Def - 210
Speed - 0

6. Walrein [Quirky, no change] (Thick Fat)
@Lum Berry (aka miracleberry)

-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Encore
-Rest

HP - 10
Att - 150
Def - 0
Spec. Att - 150
Spec. Def - 200
Speed - 0

------What I'm trying to do-------

Put on the spot, if you were in my oponent's shoes, who would you try to kill first? Starmie or Ninjask? Not so easy of a decision. But just by protecting, you gain a speed boost. Plus, with a hopeful light screen by Starmie, you set up a fast rhydon or slaking. If there is an electric type out there, you can bet they are trying to hit starmie, so rhydon's special ability comes in handy if you baton pass to it.

Meh, in short, Walrein, Slaking and Rhydon are object of attraction for Ninjask. Starmie is out for protection for them.

The odd ball here (sort of) is Latias. Its got insane Spec. Def, which is higher with Soul Dew. Serves as a cleaner, even with calm mind.

You might notice a lot of ice beams in this team. Well, I noticed that there are a lot of dragons and ground types in this new version.

What I think I'm missing in this team is some deeper strategy. Sure, nobody's got their act together in this game yet, but I still need much more than a baton pass, calm mind and roarers to be dazzling the competition. I'm flexible and open for any change. I'd definitely like to have an imprisoner or taunter. Those are neat. [u]Meh, just rate away. or i'll shoot this guy!!!! [/u] [This Guy]

[ 05-04-2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: DrFuko ]

- - - - -
Noone expects.... THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!

From: Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2003 10:20 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
@Soul Dew(its IS obtainable, l0sers)

Anyone else find this humorous?

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2003 02:01 AM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fine, fine... leftovers. Tempting, though.

It is obtainable through pokecenter Tokyo, so the medicos say. Somewhat farfetched anywho.

- - - - -

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2003 01:04 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was more attempting to point out the fact that you were calling us losers, when you're sitting there with your proposed Soul Dew Latias.

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
DrFuko
Farting Nudist
Member # 2176

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2003 01:15 PM      Profile for DrFuko   Email DrFuko   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, I called you l0sers, not losers. Geesh, what kind of guy do you think I am? Anywho, again, its been changed. If you consider Latias to be too 00ber regardless, just go ahead and change it. Whatever works!

- - - - -

N-Man
Farting Nudist
Member # 733

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2003 01:25 PM      Profile for N-Man   Author's Homepage   Email N-Man   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You gain one stat point for every 4 effort points. Therefor, Effort Values like '150' and '50' on the same Pokémon is just wasting 4 effort points, since '148' and '48' give you the same bonus.
From: Rotterdam, Holland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2003 01:32 PM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Might wanna watch out for exploders, they can really screw up setup. If they don't explode first turn and you protect, then next turn Ninjask is wide open to damage. Switch out for Rhydon and it'll take quite a dent, and one of your others will faint.

Especially watch out for Banette/Electrode starters. If Electrode has all it's effort in attack and speed, it could outspeed your Ninjask. Banette could Taunt you and prevent Baton Pass. If it has Skill Swap and Thunderbolt, you're in more trouble.

I made a team quite similar to this to battle my friend, and well...

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.