The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall   » Level 50 battle tower team....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Level 50 battle tower team....
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2003 10:47 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After getting a bit depressed by my Milotic, Banette, Salamence unit's poor performance, I decided to up the ante a bit.

Regice @ wake up berry
Ice Beam
Curse
Rest
Superpower

Medicham @ um...Lum Berry?
Hi Jump Kick
Psychic
Calm Mind
Recover

Exploud @ wake up berry
Double Team
Rest
Flamethrower
Hyper voice or Return or something.

I don't really have say over my Regice's personality at this point, but I'll probably want to speed+, SA- on medicham. I'll probably try to keep Exploud even overall...

The biggest battle tower threats I'ce seen are the Regis, Latis, and Metagross. And DT in general, I guess. Umm...Metagross could maybe be a problem if I'm not well set up.

Blah, 3 on 3 matches freak me out...

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2003 02:45 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well first off, for Regice... it reaches nearly 500 SpD. With Curse, you should easily be able to survive Rest without the Berry. Earthquake would be better than Superpower, but that's just fine if you don't want to use the TM. I'd suggest your Leftovers, as well.

Medicham looks fine. Well, as long as you have a Lum Berry. =[

Can't have two Chesto Berries, Battle Tower enforces Item Clause. Definitely Return/Frustration, they have double the PP of Hyper Voice. Just keep the thing happy/angry. Maybe Sleep Talk instead of Double Team. It'll keep you attacking at all times yet keep you protected about as well. Your choice though.

So why are Regis a problem? Maybe killing the things are a problem, but they certainly aren't that great attackers. Heck, Medicham should be able to take care of them anyway, they're all weak to Fighting.

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
gruco
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2003 08:04 AM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.E:
Medicham looks fine. Well, as long as you have a Lum Berry. =[

Are they hard to come by? That crazy old berry man has given me two already, but I'm having trouble growing more...

quote:
Can't have two Chesto Berries, Battle Tower enforces Item Clause.
Easy enough to solve. Leftovers for that ugly ice thing.

quote:
Maybe Sleep Talk instead of Double Team. It'll keep you attacking at all times yet keep you protected about as well.
Well, I've been having a lot of bad luck with sleep talk in game, now that rest fails when you've already beensleeping. That really cuts down on its usefulness...

quote:
So why are Regis a problem? Maybe killing the things are a problem, but they certainly aren't that great attackers. Heck, Medicham should be able to take care of them anyway, they're all weak to Fighting.
Well, each time I lost in there so far, it hasn't been because I've been overwhelmed offensively, but because the AI's managed to build enough defense to make it impossible for me to get a kill.

I'm still not entirely sure about this team though. I'm not thrilled about Rest TMing Regice, and I could probably use something with a good special attack stab, who Metagross doesn't resist...

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2003 08:12 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are they hard to come by? That crazy old berry man has given me two already, but I'm having trouble growing more...

I've not gotten any myself. However, according to what I've heard around #pokebattle and stuff, Lum bushes only give you 1 Berry back, rendering trying to grab more useless. =\

now that rest fails when you've already beensleeping. That really cuts down on its usefulness...

I did not know that. So much for Sleep Talk being a useful attack...

I could probably use something with a good special attack stab, who Metagross doesn't resist...

Fire, Electric, Water... Perhaps a Water-Type with a high Defense could work? Starmie might work as well, being resistant to most of Metagross's attacks, and fast enough to Recover damage off.

- - - - -

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2003 11:07 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought Regice was banned from the Battle Tower.
Team Rocket Elite
Farting Nudist
Member # 3154

posted 04-13-2003 12:15 AM      Profile for Team Rocket Elite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've not gotten any myself. However, according to what I've heard around #pokebattle and stuff, Lum bushes only give you 1 Berry back, rendering trying to grab more useless. =\

They're wrong. If you water it at every stage you can get two. But it still takes about 50 hours to grow.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2003 02:16 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to what I know, the Regis are not banned from the Battle Tower. Then again, don't take my word on this either, I've not had the chance to take my Regi-team into the Tower yet... =\

TRE, tell that to everyone else. =X Like I said, not my info... *whistles innocently*

- - - - -

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2003 02:54 AM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On my first try, I got 26 straight wins with this simple, low-grade throwaway team...

L50 Breloom
Stun Spore / Leech Seed / Mega Drain / Sky Uppercut
@ Lum Berry

L50 Linoone
Strength / Return / Surf / Rest
@ Chesto Berry

L50 Swellow
Aerial Ace / Fly / Endeavor / Secret Power
@ Leftovers

I know this team can be improved; I just don't want to waste any TMs on it. My point is that if these guys can win 26 straight, the L50 Battle Tower just can't be all that great at all...

A Relicanth finally wiped my team out in match #27...Breloom had accidentally gotten killed off straightaway, and neither of the other two could even touch the dinofish...

...Oddly enough, I hardly ever have any trouble growing Lums. I have something like 20 now. My Watermel, on the other hand, seems to be taking forever and a day...

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2003 11:12 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only Pokemon that are banned in the Battle Tower are Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza - who you couldn't get in the L50 tower anyway.

Regice: Should be fine with the Leftovers.

Medicham: I forget what these berries do (stupid name changes)... set looks fine.

Exploud: Return/Frustration as MrE suggested, perhaps upgrade to Fire Blast for a little more oomph when taking on Regis.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
gruco
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2003 11:34 AM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thom Burr:
I know this team can be improved; I just don't want to waste any TMs on it. My point is that if these guys can win 26 straight, the L50 Battle Tower just can't be all that great at all...

From what I've played, the difficulty level takes a big hike after the 35th fight. Also, since it's only 3 on 3, that means that an unlucky CH, or OHKO can completely ruin your chances, and there a plenty of opportunities for those....

The team I actually ended up sending was...

Starmie @ leftovers
Ice Beam
Surf
T-Bolt
Recover

I know leftovers seems dumb on Starmie, but it really has been making a difference, and curative berries are somewhat lost since it has natural cure.

Flygon @ lum berry
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Crunch
Fly

Does a good job of covering for Starmie, and is pretty quick and strong. I eventually bit the bullet and used the quake TM. Maybe rash, but the Flygon I caught had a great personality (SA+, SD-), and it's definitely one of my favorites in RS, so I'll be raising it to level 100 later anyways.

I'm also using the Exploud I mentioned earlier, which is doing all right.

So far, I got to 56 in a row last night before quitting, and am about to go for 63. Won a focus band, choice band, and metal herb along the way too. Yay. I'll be happy as long as I get a brightpowder and white herb at this point, I think.

The only other change I could see myself making is replacing Exploud for Heracross, but it seems to be doing fine now.

Flygon rocks. 3 on 3 battles suck.

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2003 06:02 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Donald:
The only Pokemon that are banned in the Battle Tower are Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza - who you couldn't get in the L50 tower anyway.

What level did you catch Kyogre/Groudon at again?
From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2003 08:15 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

What I meant was that Rayquaza is first acquired at L70, so it'd be logically impossible to take him into the L50 tower even if NOA isn't pushing Rayquaza as the new Mewtwo.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.