The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall   » Absol moveset

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Absol moveset
Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 03-29-2003 01:57 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's my current stats and moves:

Absol L25
Naughty personality (+att -spdf)
75 HP (after 3 HP UP)
91 ATT (after 10 PROTIEN)
40 DEF (after 3 IRON)
45 SPAT
32 SPDF
49 SPD

I'm planning on having it know
1 Shadow Ball (Psychics are toast)
2 Aerial Ace (for use against Fighting types)
3 Swords Dance (For boosting attack even further)
4 Haven't decided yet.

Advice? Pity? Derision?

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2003 08:55 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Update: I've gotten it up to 252 EV in Attack. 76 Shuppets with Macho Brace - piece of cake, especially since Bite has 25 PP and kills most Shuppets in one hit. If you want to train an Absol's attack in Sapphire, just go to Mt. Pyre.

Wasn't someone making a list of good places to get Effort of each type?

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Pinsir_sama
Farting Nudist
Member # 2699

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2003 08:13 PM      Profile for Pinsir_sama   Email Pinsir_sama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was trying to decide last night of a good set for absol ~_~
i was thinking about...
Absol@chesto
double-edge
aerial ace
swords dance
rest

- - - - -
Sometimes, the fish devours the ants, and sometimes, the ants devour the fish-vietnamese proverb

Zeni
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3109

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2003 08:25 PM      Profile for Zeni     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The list of areas is here:
http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/index.php?data=training/wildEffort.php

- - - - -
Every second, a woman has a baby.
Our job is to find this woman and stop her.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2003 02:07 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but that doesn't tell you WHICH pokés give you what EVs. 8)

HP

Oh hey, let's go to Rusturf Tunnel. We get all Whismur there for 1 EV a piece and nothing else. Why you'd go anywhere else is beyond me.

If you see Mirage Island on any day, you could train there as well against 1 EV Wynauts.

Attack

Ruby: Route 114, left of Fallabor. Both Zangoose and Nuzleaf give 2 EVs.

Sapphire: You guys have it easy with all Shuppets in Mt. Pyre (lower floors). [Frown] 1 EV a piece.

Defense

Well, the only good place I can think of is Fiery Path. Koffing gives 1 EV and Torkoal gives 2 EV. Numel and Slugma (SA) pop up just as often, though.

Desert Ruins is alright too. Sandshrew (1 EV) is the most common there, but nothing else that shows up gives it to you...

Underwater can work as well, near Mossdeep. Clamperl is the most common underwater poké, and it gives 1 EV. Just make sure you have a Sweet Scenter, since running into pokés underwater usually take a while...

Speed

Route 118, Surf right of Mauville. Zigzagoon, Electrike, and Wingull all give you 1 EV and Manectric/Linoone give you 2.

If you're crazy enough to pass up such an effective place, you can always go into various caves and train against Zubat/Golbat (1-2 EVs, respectively).

Special Attack

Route 112, outside of Fiery Path. Numel gives you 1 EV, and is the only thing there aside the rare Machop.

Inside Fiery Path, there Slugma and Numel for 1 EV a piece.

On the other end of Fiery Path (starting to see a pattern?), you can fight Spinda on 113. They also give 1 EV. Run from the occasional Sandshrew and rare Skarmory.

Special Defense

Tentacool (1 EV) is the only thing on the Abandoned Ship. Surf on the water and Sweet Scent and you're ready to go. Tentacruel can supposedly be found as well (2 EVs) but I've never once ran into one after raising SD to max on 2/3 of my team...

Mixed EVs

Corsola can give 1 EV for both Defenses. Fish for them around Pacifidlog.

Sapphire: Seviper can be found along 114. Gives 1 EV for both Attacking stats.

Bottom Floor of Victory Road is also good for Attack/Defense training. Mawile (Ruby) and Sableye (Sapphire) are most common in this area. Both give 1 EV for Attack/Defense.

Go underwater around Mossdeep. Among Clamperl (1 Defense), there's Chinchou (1 HP) and Relicanth (1 HP + 1 Defense).

Ruby: My. Pyre (lower floors), in Ruby. Can't raise your Attack in a 100% Shuppet environment, but you do get Duskulls. Duskull gives you 1 Defense/Special Defense each kill.

8)

[ 04-25-2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Mr.E ]

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2003 09:18 AM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For HPs, you can surf in the small bodies of water east of Verdanturf to fight Marills for 2 EVs each. I think you get 100% encounter on them there, too.
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2003 09:55 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Route 117, between Verdanturf and Mauville. Congratulations, kikered! YOU ARE TEH WIN!

Also, my Lum plant matured just now. 8)

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2003 09:20 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Idea: Insteal of a Naughty nature, how about Admant? (+Att,-SAtt)

With Naughty, you're pointlessly giving yourself more weakness to Special Attacks. This is a disadvantage. Not necessarily large, but there nevertheless.

Your attacks are of Flying and Ghost types, both physical. Your S.Att is just sitting there doing nothing. Having your nature drain a unused Attacking stat like this is of nodisadvantage.

Having no disadvantage is better than a little disadvantage... I'd recommend it.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
:DRAGON-MASTER:
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3326

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2003 10:53 AM      Profile for :DRAGON-MASTER:   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is what i have, and it works pretty well.

1. hyper beam
2. razor wind (might change, suggestions?)
3. ice beam (actually its cut but i'm gonna have it forget it)
4. slash

From: ELITE FOUR. I AM THE NEW CHAMPION. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
:DRAGON-MASTER:
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3326

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2003 11:00 AM      Profile for :DRAGON-MASTER:   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is what i have, and it works pretty well.

1. hyper beam
2. razor wind (might change, suggestions?)
3. ice beam (actually its cut but i'm gonna have it forget it)
4. slash

oh, and i just got sapphire, what's an EV?

From: ELITE FOUR. I AM THE NEW CHAMPION. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2003 12:51 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok dragon master your obvously new to pokemon so i forgive your newbie tenderces. first off two stage attaccks are rubish, becuse you miss a turn. so hyperbeam only 75 power really. don't put HM moves on pokemon intendered to fight humans (with the exception of a HM move you want for it battle ablites).

by the way DRAGONS ROCK!!!!!!! up to the point you get hit by a ice beam anyway...

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2003 07:15 AM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's My moveset:

Double Team
Swords Dance
Hyper Beam
Shadow Ball

Any good?

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2003 03:20 AM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I don't yet understand about the new level-up system, is when do you know you've gotten the max EVs for a particular stat? Do you just have to keep track of the points manually?

(Sorry if this is a newbie question)

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2003 09:31 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well there is an equation that helps people figure out the max possible EVs you can get. Which is I think 252 per stat not exactly sure. Most people use the stat calculator on excel to figure both IVs and EVs. You also have to add in their nature/personality types. Some give you 10% bonuses on your stats, some have no effect at all, and some have stat penalties.

If you really want to make sure you maxed out your EVs the best way to do it is to get the Macho Brace as soon as possible. The place you will have to get it from is north of Mauville from this family you have to battle. The mother will give it to you.

Oh and one more thing certain pokemon that you fight give you certain EV values. Like Zizagoons give you +1 Speed, Cascoons/Silcoons give you +2 Def, Tentacools +1 Spc Def., Tentacruels +2 Spc Def. Poochyena's give you +1 Attk, Ralts give you +1 Spc, and Wurples give you +1 HP. Theres allot more pokemon that give you certain EVs but those are just some of them.

Here is a Site that you can look over and find out for yourself.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_trainer.txt

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.