The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall   » [R/S] Yamirami's potential usefulness....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [R/S] Yamirami's potential usefulness....
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2002 03:52 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Talking about the Dark/Ghost guy here...

Night Shade
Recover
Cofuse Ray
Combo

Stats obviously aren't great, but Night Shade will still allow reasonable damage. Combo to counter normal's immunity, Confuse Ray to buy time, and possibly stall recoverers long enough to finish the job. Now, I dunno if Combo will do reasonable enough damage, and there's always the problem of Normal/Flyers and Girafarig. If combo proves to be too weak, it might work better to try something like

Night Shade
Recover
Taunt
Double Team

DT will have more defensive value than Donfuse Ray, and Taunt will be able to get around the Recover/Rest issue. Of course, this has the obvious flaw of being unable to touch normals.

I think the little guy has some potential. Maybe in a mid-game role, taking easy switches with his immunities, getting a few good shots in. Be particularly good with some par support. Thoughts?

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2002 06:35 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's my fav from RS ^^

I thought up this..

@Leftovers (or something to recover HP constantly)
Night Shade
Kekodamashi
Protect
Toxic

It act like a staller, or just preventing opponent's attacks, while Toxic deals damage. So...

Opponent Attacks
Toxic

Protect
Move fails

Opponent Attacks
Night Shade

Protect
Move fails

Nekodamashi
It won't attack you.

--> By now, Night Shade can do a good job finishing the opponent [Smile] Just want to test if it can survive 3 hits from most of oponente (what I doubt, unfortunately).

OF COURSE it is easy to avoid, just being poisoned and switching, Or else Rest [Smile] But I like stalling with Protect and Nekodamashi, because three turns without being hit is a good advantage ^^ (a pity you can use it only once each time Yamirami enters the battle).

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.