The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall   » [Ru/Sa] Team... fun...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [Ru/Sa] Team... fun...
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2002 01:14 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Team objective: To put enough status afflictions on the opponent to drive them insane.

202 rules, 1vs1.

Biggest problem: Killing Heal Bell/Aroma Therapy users.
HellBell users in 202: Chiriin(Psychic) and Enekororo(Normal). Lol to anyone who uses Chiriin.
AromaTherapy Users: Roseria, and Vileplume.

Lessee... Need something to beat Normal/Poison/Grass.

Mind you, with the Enekororo having Base stats of:
HP:70 At:65 De:65 SpA:55 SpD:55 Spe:70
Well, just about anything kills it off.

So, main moves used in this:

Toxic, and Will O Wisp/Jack O Lanturn/The 75% burn move.

Notes on stats:
I am using DV's of 20 for all. If I get better, great. If not, I stop caring.
Also, for Effort Values, if you put 255 in something, since you divide by 4 and make the answer an integer, you drop the decimal. 0.75 is lost, so you may as well take the 252, and put the other 3 points somewhere useful(lol).

Saanaito (Psychic-girl-in-dress)
Characteristic: Synchronize(If para/burn/psn'd, gives opp same thing)(For fast, starting paralyzers)
Personality bonuses: +Defense, -Attack
Effort Values: 252 HP, 0 Att, 128 Def, 0 Spd, 128 SpcAtt, 2 SpcDef.
Stats: 329 HP, 139 Att, 205 Def, 185 Spd, 307 SpcAtt, 255 SpcDef.
Moves: Psychic, JackOLantern(Bred), Protect, Rest
(Might replace Protect with Sealed, preventing them from healing themself, or boosting up)

Nukenin (The Bug/ghost thing that can't be hit by anything not of Fire/Dark/Ghost/Flying/?Rock?)
Characteristic: MysteryProtection(Awesome for the switch-in)
Personality Bonuses: +Att, -Def
Effort Values: 0 HP, 252 Att, 0 Def, 252 Speed, 6 SpcAtt, 0 SpcDef
Stats: 1 HP, 294 Att, --- Def(Who cares?), 184 Spd, --- Specials(I really don't care...)
Moves: Toxic, Protect(Duh!), Silver Wind, Grude/Malice(.... This attack rocks!! If you faint after using it, whatever attack the opponent used to kill you is drained of ALL PP!!! This will protect me from Dark types [Big Grin] )

Nozupazu (Nose thing)
Characteristic: Solid (Do you honestly expect to use Magnetism, preventing Steel, which murders Rock, from switching out?)
Personality Bonuses: +SpcDef, -SpcAtt
Effort Values: 252 HP, 128 Att, 128 Def, 0 Spd, 0 SpcAtt, 2 SpcDef
Stats: 253 HP(Ouch), 147 Att(Also Ouch), 317 Def(Now we're talking), 85 Spd( [Frown] ), --- SpcAtt, 225 SpcDef(Not great by G/S standards, but above average for Ru/Sa)
Moves: Toxic, Protect, Explosion, Rock Slide

Raiboruto (Electric-green-dog, evolved)
Characteristic: Static Electricity(Opponent may be para'd after physically attacking it)
Personality Bonuses: +Spd, -Att
Effort Values: 128 HP, 0 Att, 2 Def, 252 Spd, 128 SpcAtt, 0 SpcDef
Stats: 302 HP, --- Att, 145 Def, 327 Spd, 267 SpcAtt, 145 SpcDef.
Moves: Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Crunch, Rest
(Yes, some paralysis is always good; especially vs fast things. Burn may stop Att/Def, but Paralysis plays an important part, to allow me to deal damage)

Samayooru (The one-eye'd mudghost)
Characteristic: Pressure(Extra PP Loss = fun)
Personality Bonuses: +SpcDef, -SpcAtt
Effort Values: 168 HP, 0 Att, 168 Def, 2 Spd, 0 SpcAtt, 172 SpcDef
Stats: 252 HP, 165 Att, 327 Def( [Big Grin] ), 75 Spd, --- SpcAtt, 360 SpcDef.
Moves: Mean Look, Jack O Lanturn/Will O Wisp, Pain Split(He has crap HP... takes a little damage vs someone with 350 Hp, let's say taking him to 200, and then he gets back to full, while opponent loses 75.), Curse( [Big Grin] )
This guy can suicide perfectly well vs Dark types, using JackOLanturn, then Pain Split, then Curse, then hope for another Pain Split or two [Big Grin]

Enekororo (Rubber fox/bunny thing, evolved)
Characteristic: Attractive Body (May cause opposite gendered pokes who hit it to become attracted; for free!)
Personality Bonuses: +Def, -SpcAtt
Effort Values: 252 HP, 0 Att, 128 Def, 128 Spd, 0 SpcAtt, 2 SpcDef
Stats: 333 HP, 155 Att, 205 Def, 197 Spd, --- SpcAtt, 135 SpcDef
Moves: Wish(Does nothing on turn 1, next turn heals whoever of yours is out for 50% max HP; can switch for heal), Heal Bell, Return, ?Charm?

True, it has a problem with Dark types... I'll need something to fix that, I guess.

[Edit]: I fixed Samayooru, removing Personality bonus to attack, and effort value bonus to attack, and changing the efforts around to mix up the stats a bit more. Also fiddled with some of the others, averaging out the Effort values to allow for mediums in stats, instead of extreme craps in some. Replaced Nuke's Shadow Ball for Silver Wing; the bonus doesn't really matter much to me, but the fact that it can at least hit dark types for some damage, on the switch in, with 294 Attack + Stab... Well, that's moderately useful.

[Edit2] Replaced Confuse Ray for Grudge/Malice. Awesome, awesome move. Especially since most guys don't have 2 attacks of the same type on them, and few teams have multiple attacks of every type.
Imagine, instantly draining a big move, just for the fun of it... Awesomeness. No more [Insert cruel move here] or some such... And since only select moves finish Nukenin, I can wait for the Dark type to come in, and waste their move, and proceed to kick butt with the rest of my team.

[ 12-21-2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: LanderZRPG ]

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2002 01:53 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you're already listing their stats, why bother to list the personalities and stat experience values as well? It's just redundant information.

Sealed would be a good idea on Saanaito - stopping the opponent from using Rest is good enough for it to be the filler move on it's own (although, how long does Sealed effects last?)

Nukenin could use Silver Wind. The Bug-type Ancientpower gives you a very good shot of OHKOing or really really hurting the *cough*new Mewtwo (not likely)*cough* paper-thin defense disaster area that is Deokishisu.

Rest of it looks pretty fun. Wish + Switching = teh rockage, especially on Enekororo who really doesn't want to stay in battle for long.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2002 10:13 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The effort values and personality stuff contributes to the stats. I wanted people to know where my numbers come from, and why some things are like 316 Def and 317 SpcDef, and not both 317, etc.
I.e. Explaining the whole thing.

As for Sealed... I am 99% sure that it lasts until a switchout is made. My psychic-girl thing (first form) had it used vs her in the Psychic Gym, and I couldn't use Psychic vs the opponent for a while. So I double teamed 4 more times, already had 2 enlightens up, and then started using Confusion until I got wiped out by her. Then I brought in Godo, my Steel/Rock thing, and IronTailed for the KO.

So, it lasts a while, or until switchout. Pretty useful, in that perspective... at least in stopping rest.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

(www.poweradvantage.net)

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2002 03:36 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have some somewhat-good news.

For those of you who don't like taking the time to figure out all of your poke's stats in Ru/Sa, and for those who live under the delusion that all the old standards will rock as badly as they used to, I've made an Ru/Sa stat calculator.

Input all the Base Stats, DVs, Effort Values and personalities, ensuring they're within the limits (And it checks for the 510 Total Effort value thing [Razz] ), and it spits out the stats you'd have, and the max stats, given the base stat and running it through with max everything-else, that poke could have.

http://www.angelfire.com/games2/LanderZ/rusacalcs.html

Fun, no? Probably a little too tedious for mass use, but if someone could make a bot that allows you to input pokes at your leisure, with moves at your leisure, these stats could be used, so we could have 'working' R/S bots long before Fanha can get everything programmed in (Since that'll take forever; no offense to Fanha, but there is a LOT to try and program into his bots), so we could still battle with 'legal' teams, and such.

I also put money on the fact that Fanha won't use the 510 Effort value thing, or anything-but-max-stats, again....

(Posting this in a few places, especially with the Ru/Sa teams, so people can see it [Smile] )

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 01-16-2003 07:07 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Almost all put into the rsbot... save for my 143 HP Nukenin...

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

andii
Farting Nudist
Member # 3249

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 12:53 PM      Profile for andii   Email andii   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Delcatty cant get Wish until togetic is available

question: is the img code enabled on this forum?

- - - - -
I am The CrimsonDragon

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2003 08:59 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andii:
Delcatty cant get Wish until togetic is available

question: is the img code enabled on this forum?

hmmm... odd... And more than moderately annoying. I'll think on that...

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2003 09:54 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lessee... Illumise gets it, as does Natu... Breeding 3, 8, and/or 4.

Spinda can breed learn it, breed type 8.

Spinda + Delcatty can breed, breeding type 5, giving it Wish. Huzzah!

- - - - -

(www.poweradvantage.net)

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.