The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall   » [RuSa] Kyogre moveset

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [RuSa] Kyogre moveset
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2002 02:00 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whee! As far as I know, this is the first RuSa moveset post... Anyway, here we go.

Kyatma (Kyogre moveset)
Personality: SA*1.1, Atk*0.9
Stat Exp: SA maxed out, distribute other stat exp as you'd like.
Whale Spout, Thunder, Enlighten, Rest @Mintberry

Combine this guy with a fast pokemon (such as Tekkanin) and have his partner use Agility on him, which should let Kyogre go second and blast anyone you choose with Whale Spout. It'll do lots of damage, and even against Blisseys you can Englighten up, then finally release a killer blast.

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2002 05:34 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chances are this will become an incredibly popular standard.

I'd say it's important to shove a lot of that extra stat exp in defense. No physical weaknesses, but a heavy attacker (Snorlax and Heracross are the first things that come to mind) could pose a threat.

This set could cause Razor Leaf to earn back a bit of its old popularity as well...

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 12-04-2002 10:02 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I'm wrong in what I'm typing here, anyone feel free to correct me:

Moves like Sand-Attack, Confuse Ray, Ice Beam, etc. can be targeted to any other Pokemon in the field. This includes your partner. This means that you can Psych Up your partner, yes.

Moves like Agility can only be used on the Pokemon with the move. If you can't use the attack on your opponent, you can't use it on your partner.

But, if I'm actually way off on the Agility thing, please point it out. I haven't been in any 2VS2 battles with any of those kind of moves, save for really early in Sapphire.

--Meowth346

- - - - -
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever.

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2002 11:33 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
If I'm wrong in what I'm typing here, anyone feel free to correct me:

Moves like Sand-Attack, Confuse Ray, Ice Beam, etc. can be targeted to any other Pokemon in the field. This includes your partner. This means that you can Psych Up your partner, yes.

Moves like Agility can only be used on the Pokemon with the move. If you can't use the attack on your opponent, you can't use it on your partner.

But, if I'm actually way off on the Agility thing, please point it out. I haven't been in any 2VS2 battles with any of those kind of moves, save for really early in Sapphire.

--Meowth346

I could be wrong. And even if Agility can be used on your partner, they might not recalculate the order after it gets used. But if they do...

And if you can't use Agility on your partner, it might be better to replace Whale Spout with Hydro Pump (which still does enough to OHKO an Alakazam) or Surf. I'd have to do calcuylations to fidn out which is better, because Hydro Pump will be better if it OHKOs most pokemon while Surf 2HKOs them. But if both are a 2HKO on most pokemon...

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Don't Run With Scizors
Farting Nudist
Member # 2920

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2002 12:59 AM      Profile for Don't Run With Scizors     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why'd you want to replace Whale Spout with Hydro Pump, since Whale Spout OHKO's around eighty of the final evolution Pokémon?

[ 12-05-2002, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Don't Run With Scizors ]

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2002 01:07 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors:
Why'd you want to replace Whale Spout with Hydro Pump, since Whale Spout OHKO's around eighty of the final evolution Pokémon?

And Whale Spout can be stopped simply by hitting Kyorge. According to several Japanese web site I've been to, if Kyorge loses HP then Whale Spout fails. It's the same with Groudon Eruption attack.
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2002 11:07 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whale Spout and Eruption seems to belong to a new class of attacks: high damage dealers, but easily prevented. I think Kiai Punch fits here too.

So, moves like Nekodamaji (strikes first and prevent opponent's move), Extremespeed or else Quick Attack have their role ^^

[ 12-05-2002, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: JP Nogueira ]

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2002 12:40 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JP Nogueira:
Whale Spout and Eruption seems to belong to a new class of attacks: high damage dealers, but easily prevented. I think Kiai Punch fits here too.

So, moves like Nekodamaji (strikes first and prevent opponent's move), Extremespeed or else Quick Attack have their role ^^

Electrode Wins. (Speed, electric typing, static electricity characteristic).
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2002 01:38 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was talking about the "hit-me-first-before-I-crush-you" moves. [Smile]

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2002 06:57 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does this mean Quick Attack actually has a purpose now?

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 12-07-2002 12:34 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Crimzonite is right, then Kyogre is of no concern.... well, I guess it can still use Hydro Pump.

But then again, Hydro Pump wont OHKO Zapdos, who is faster, and can easily 2HKO Kyogre with 2 Thunders. So if it uses Hydro Pump or Surf, Kyogre is owned by our good friend Zapdos.

If it uses Spout, then, once again, Zapdos can destroy him by Cancelling out Kyogre's smitebeam with a Thunder....

Now, if a JoltWak was turned into a JoltGre, then that could be a problem....

Well, Zapdos, with the personality to increase his Special Attack to 383 or something... can do about 312-265 damage to Kyogre (281-239 without the personality).... perhaps going up to 343-292 with a Magnet attached.... (263-309 without the personality but with the Magnet)...

In the encounter with the JoltGre, you could possibly get off one Thunder as the Kyogre is switched in, then do two possible things (not limited to these of course):

1. Sacrifice Zapdos, then bring out a Snorlax or something, and try to finish it off with a Physical attack.

2. Switch out to Nukenin to absorb the Spout, which leaves it open to a possible Ancientpower, and the slight possibility of boosting Kyogre to God-like stats...

3. Instead of Thundering, Whirlwind away the Kyogre as it is Baton Passed in. Work with the rest of your team to lure out and slay the Jolteon, leaving Zapdos to kill off the Spout-toting Gyogre with ease, as outlined at the beginning of my post.

Actually, number 3 kicks ass. Zapdos is going to be even more common, until Kyogre is scared out of the Metagame by it.

To help me out... What does it's Charictaristic, 'Pressure' do? Perhaps it can give Zapdos yet another advantage over the screwed Kyogre.

If you didn't read all this I'll summarize it with Zapdos is the Kyogre killer.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-07-2002 03:01 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pressure means an extra PP is lopped off of each attack dealt to Zapdos. So, it takes 2PP to hit him with an attack, not one.

Oh, and Jolteon isn't in R/S, but, the speedy bug (Tekkakanin) that evolves at the same time as Nukenin has, a) highest speed in the game, b) Characteristic to increase speed each turn, c) Swords Dance/Agility/Baton Pass.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 12-09-2002 12:10 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oo'
You cannot have Zapdos too. Not for now [Smile]

But considering old pokémon, c'mon! Just send out a Quagsire against it! [Razz] It is healed by water attacks, and immune to Electric attacks. [Razz]

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Barrierd
I have a colony of shrimp living in my bladder
Member # 3132

Member Rated:
posted 12-09-2002 04:01 PM      Profile for Barrierd   Email Barrierd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Erm, from what I've heard, Spout isn't an "all-or-nothing" attack.

Actually, it seems to work like the opposite of Flail or Reversal. It does plenty more damage if Kyogre's HP is full, but if it's hit, it can still attack.

- - - - -
Where are my bitches

From: Victoria, B.C., Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2002 04:27 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That sounds scary.

Can anyone tell me what Spout exactly does?

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2002 11:18 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In theory, it's a base 150 Water move with 99.6% acc that nails both Pokemon in a 2v2.
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2002 07:37 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Holy testicle tuesday. That does seem broken.

But is it a 2-turn move? Like that new fighting move?

Thanx anywayS Donald.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.