The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Substandard team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Substandard team
cogito
Farting Nudist
Member # 3809

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2005 01:56 PM      Profile for cogito   Email cogito   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's something new (at least I've never seen it done before):
I have some decent pokemon but none of the standard rocks of the RBY world (hypothetically).

Which six should I use to make the team? Who misses the cut, and why?

Zapdos - Drill Peck, Thunder, Double Team, Rest

Golem - Rock Slide, Earthquake, Explosion, Body Slam*

Flareon - Body Slam, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Double Team

Jynx - Lovely Kiss, Psychic, Ice Beam, Blizzard

Scyther - Swords Dance, Double Team, Swift, Slash

Starmie - Psychic, Surf, Minimize, Rest

Tangela - Growth, Mega Drain, Double Team, Sleep Powder

I know the movesets are somewhat lacking. That's the point. Everything is still usable, just don't expect to win any Tourneys with any of these guys.

*If you have a problem with Body Slam on two Pokemon (only one Body Slam TM exists in RBY) then just say Golem has Double Edge.

[ 10-08-2005, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: cogito ]

cogito
Farting Nudist
Member # 3809

Member Rated:
posted 10-13-2005 10:05 AM      Profile for cogito   Email cogito   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not fun, huh?
Okay.

Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-13-2005 01:51 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zapdos, Jynx, and Starmie are given ones to stay they have to. Golem id keep even though most people have water types with them but the Explosion Golem has can take out the opposing key pokemon. Tangela id keep because its a decent moveset, personaly I have always liked that damn tumbleweed.

Now it's down to Flareon and Scyther. Personaly Flareon is least liked and useful of all the Eevee-set. Scyther has just way too many weaknesses to moves that most people use, for example Thunderbolt, Blizzard. Scyther has a good move set but knowing the odds of what the other guys might have I would drop Scyther and keep Flareon unfortunately.

One thing though... please oh please replace that damn Thunder with Thunderbolt. WAY better accuracy... its so much better most people here will recomend you do that. Dont worry people wont get on your case about the Body Slam thing.

We all have duplicated TM's. If some one did'nt... well then there a fu*king moron. Personaly I dont want to beat the damn game 100 times over just so my pokemon have the good movesets.

[ 10-13-2005, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Zer0Khul ]

- - - - -
Tis better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.