The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Hey everyone RMT please

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey everyone RMT please
Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-06-2005 04:44 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone Zer0Khul here if you can please rate my team.

Snorlax: Rest, Double Team, Amnesia, Ice Beam

Exeggutor: Toxic, Leech Seed, Double Team, Rest

Gengar: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Psychic, Thunderbolt

Jolteon: Pin Missile, Thunderbolt, Double Team, Double Kick

Lapras: Sing, Blizzard, Double Team, Rest

Slowbro: Double Team, Amnesia, Rest, Psychic

Alternate Team Members:

Electrode: Swift, Double Team, Reflect, Light Screen

Alakazam: Recover, Reflect, Double Team, Psychic

(Cheezy) Mewtwo: Amnesia, Recover, Psychic, Hyper Beam

Chansey: Minimize, Sing, Softboiled, Hyper Beam

Thank you for letting me know your opinion. I will take into consideration your suggestions.

- - - - -
Tis better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
cogito
Farting Nudist
Member # 3809

Member Rated:
posted 10-06-2005 08:07 PM      Profile for cogito   Email cogito   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snorlax - looks good

'Tor - you're not taking advantage of the fact that RBY doesn't distinguish between SPECIAL ATT and DEF. Give him a solarbeam or Blizzard or Psychic, anything to make use of one of the highest SPEC's in the game.

Gengar - Hynosis/Dream Eater is never worth it. It only works about 15% of the time, and he already has Psychic so why not give him a non-psychic attack? I've always been fond of Confuse Ray, but that might not be what you're looking for either.

Jolteon - this is fairly standard. Personally I've never done anything great with Double-kick, but there aren't a lot of great alternatives.

Lapras - sing? wtf? Confuse Ray is about as effective a defensive move, plus you get a little damage in.

Slowbro - I hate slowbro.

Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-06-2005 08:51 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanx for the input. Ofcourse I need to argue my point. Yes I use D-Team. Sing and other sleep moves are there because I like to annoy my competition. My Slowbro use to have Fire Blast to surprise the guy that would throw an Exeggutor to counter my Slowbro. My Lapras had a Solarbeam at one point but I got rid of that. I always play deffensively in order to win. If I cant be hit due to evasion modifiers, or I incapacitate your pets with sleep tactics I was able to do my job correctly. True I can change up my Gengars moves I do have another one that has: Toxic, Confuse Ray, Seismic Toss, and Mega Drain but what can I say Hypnosis + Dream Eater I have always been lucky with.

I also have a Charizard with: Fly, Dig, Slash, and D-Team

In addition I also have an Exeggutor with: Solar Beam, Sleep Powder, Psychic, and Reflect

Thanx for the pointers.

- - - - -

cogito
Farting Nudist
Member # 3809

Member Rated:
posted 10-06-2005 09:04 PM      Profile for cogito   Email cogito   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just realized Tor can't learn blizzard so scratch that.
Yeah, I don't too much care about using annoying tactics. The more tactics available, the better the game.

EDIT: Seismic Toss on Gengar? use Nightshade for flavor.

[ 10-06-2005, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: cogito ]

Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-06-2005 09:34 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True Seismic Toss is weird for a Gengar. If I could teach it Dig, Blizzard, or Ice Beam I would deffinitely go with that. Thunderbolt would also be a good choice to replace Seismic Toss. Seismic Toss is there because weird move combos keep your opponents guessing.I despize Nightshades calculated damage. It's always going to do only 100 hp/damage max, plus its an expected move. Seismic Toss works decently damagewise too. Thunderbolt is usefull against the Flying, and Water lunatics. I wonder if Submission would be good? Does Gengar take the recoil damage from submission? If it does'nt ... thats a good one to put in too. Keep the opponents guessing, like my Charizard with: Fly, Dig, Slash, and D-Team.

Zer0Khul, Oldschool R/B/Y Foggie

- - - - -

Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-06-2005 09:40 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
P.S. My Jolteon has Double Kick because it is a fighting type move to deal with those bastards that throw Golems, and Rhydons at ya. When will people learn that Golems and Rhydons get molested by special attacks and fighting type attacks. If you thow out an Onix into battle im going to crap in my pants due to laughter.

- - - - -

Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2005 10:18 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1999 called, it wants its tactics back.

- - - - -
Bullshit.

cogito
Farting Nudist
Member # 3809

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2005 01:45 PM      Profile for cogito   Email cogito   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
using the damage calculator (link) I got that Jolteon double-kicking a Golem does a max of 68 damage and an Avg of 63. With Golem's 363 HP this means he would last at least 5 turns and pretty easily six with just a little luck. I don't think rock types is a justification for double-kick.
And S.Toss is exactly the same move as Nightshade.

Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2005 02:13 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is absolutely true because you took it up against a Golem with max stats. Unfortunately allot of amateurs use the Rare Candy trick and never bother to use the Box Trick afterwards to raise their stats. In that situation it took Jolteon only Two hits with Double Kick. Then Rest, Thunder Wave, or Swift are the possibilities im considering for Jolteon. Sorry you got me I forgot that Seismic Toss did calculated damage. Submission like I said could work too but I never got around to testing wether or not Gengar will take the recoil damage.

Why Fish, do you think you have better tactics than me? What would you sudgest then?

R/B/Y Tourney Champ here 1999, 2000, 2001

- - - - -

cogito
Farting Nudist
Member # 3809

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2005 02:49 PM      Profile for cogito   Email cogito   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah but it was also a max-stat Jolteon.
Gengar does take recoil damage.

Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2005 07:13 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damnit to all hell! Too bad but it would be sweet if Gengar did not take the recoil damage from using Submission. Weird logic lead me to that direction due to the fact that Gengar is a ghost type, and Submission is a fighting type move which has no effect on Ghosts, but I guess I forgot that recoil damaga bypasses pokemon types. Oh well. All im saying about my Jolteon is that it has a fighting chance against Rock type, and Psychic type pokemon. It would be awesome if Jolteon had Twineedle instead of Pin Missile. Unfortunately only Beedrill has Twineedle, and Beedrill for the most part becomes a Psychic type's bedroom b*tch. The only way I see Beedrill beating a Psychic type is with: D-Team, Rest, S-Dance, Twineedle but I thought it wasnt so great to train a pokemon to specificaly kick ass against one specific type. True that combo has allot of strenght against Grass types too but it will fall prey to Fire, Flying, Rock, Ground, and Psychic of course. Damn you Beedrill! Why are you so unbalanced?

New Gengar: Toxic, Confuse Ray, Psychic, Nightshade/D-Team

My other Jolteon has: Rest, D-Team, Thunderbolt, Take Down

I think even that might need some work. Thanx for the input man. I really enjoy our posts, and you deffinitely have your good points. [That Guy] [Trash Koffing] [Trash Koffing]

- - - - -

Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 10-09-2005 09:54 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/ultimatebb.php?ub b=get_topic;f=6;t=000210

I'll post something more concrete when I have some more time.

[ 10-09-2005, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Fish ]

Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-09-2005 12:13 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fish all I ever said is that you tried to insult me I think. I have won many competitions and now in my old age I consult at competitions for rulings. Pokemon matches that only go punch for punch are retarded at best. Tell me, If my Pokes cant be hit due to a high evasion, who do you think will win? The guy that tries to hit and cant or the guy that deffenitelly does and cant be hit? Paralasis moves are great and I bet thats what makes your team tick. I was asking peoples opinion. If I said be rude on my post, then what you did would qualify. The fact of the matter is we all have our own styles. Im not gonna knock yours down, but I might give a few pointers. Relax and chill and try to be more accepting of people. Ignorance kills.

Oh by the way I have been to Japan for competitions. Domo Arigato [Roll Eyes]

- - - - -

Zer0Khul
Farting Nudist
Member # 3845

Member Rated:
posted 10-10-2005 11:18 PM      Profile for Zer0Khul   Email Zer0Khul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanx for the help guys.

- - - - -

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2005 02:56 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You need more self destruct and/or explosion
From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cogito
Farting Nudist
Member # 3809

Member Rated:
posted 10-23-2005 03:30 AM      Profile for cogito   Email cogito   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where? Snorlax shouldn't have Selfdestruct because none of the pokemon on his team use paralysis, so by the time you know you should SD you usually don't have time: the opponent's pokemon will definitely attack first (thus killing Snorlax).
Tor isn't the best choice for 'splode for the same reason. the enemy attacks first.
Gengar? I could see that.
G - Psychic, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, Splode
But he does have a pathetic attack, and I always hate it when Splode doesn't KO the opponent.
Splode might also work on the lame Electrode. He shouldn't be used as a defensive pokemon anyway.
E - Thunder Wave, Swift/Thunderbolt, Reflect, Splode
Still the same risk: low attack means Splode sometimes hurts you more than it helps.

[ 10-25-2005, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: cogito ]

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2005 02:28 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All of them. If they all explode, you win
From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.