The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Trading up

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trading up
Fluxxdog
Farting Nudist
Member # 3786

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2005 12:11 PM      Profile for Fluxxdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just wondering, but has anyone ever traded a Pokemon from Red or Blue to Yellow just so they could learn certain moves before trading them back again?

- - - - -
Fluxxdog
The worst crime you can commit against another human is to make them think.

From: Azure Heights Laboratory | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patouzarre
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1825

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2005 07:14 PM      Profile for Patouzarre   Email Patouzarre   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've done. (and i'll do again, when necessary)
It was about learning Focus energy to Eevees and fly to Charizard
I'm certainly just one of numerous guys who had already done that...

- - - - -
There is no knowledge
That is not power.

From: Marseille , France | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2005 12:02 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a breakthrough.

- - - - -
Bullshit.

Fluxxdog
Farting Nudist
Member # 3786

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2005 02:12 AM      Profile for Fluxxdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I've met a couple people who've deemed it "unethical", likening it to giving them shots of steroids. I've just wondered what people here thought as far as that.

Of course, being Azure Heights, anyone here should be ready, willing, and able to beef up their Pokemon any way they can. ^^

- - - - -
Fluxxdog

Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2005 03:10 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You mean well and all, and bar the ^^ thing you seem alright, but you're about five years too late, sir. There hasn't been much serious Pokémon related discussion here in a long time.

- - - - -
Bullshit.

Fluxxdog
Farting Nudist
Member # 3786

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2005 09:24 AM      Profile for Fluxxdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The eyebrow thing, I don't know where I picked that up from. And granted I've been out of it for five years. But then again, as long as the net exists, nothing truly dies. Besides. I'm sure I'm not the only one who still plays the chromatics.

- - - - -
Fluxxdog

DoomMullet
Farting Nudist
Member # 3363

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2005 01:12 PM      Profile for DoomMullet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never played it in the first place, I'm just here to make stupid posts about other people.

- - - - -
What kind of a fuckass fuck of a bumfuck shithole town is this?

From: fondling your balls, don't you feel that? | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fluxxdog
Farting Nudist
Member # 3786

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2005 05:51 PM      Profile for Fluxxdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You've got to be kidding... Go to any pawn shop or video game trader and you should be able to pick one up for 5 or 10 bucks. Learn how so many people wasted their time in days long past. And I'm not talking about the Fire Red or Leaf Green ones either. I'm talking way old school.

- - - - -
Fluxxdog

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 04-01-2005 09:40 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've only ever owned Red, so I haven't been able to trade at all.

And last year it was $8.99 pre-owned at Electronics Boutique.

Pointless post.. you may resume your typical lives now.

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fluxxdog
Farting Nudist
Member # 3786

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2005 08:11 AM      Profile for Fluxxdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ONLY Red??? I've met some chromatic purists in my time, but damn! (Even if it's not by choice ^^)

- - - - -
Fluxxdog

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2005 05:12 AM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will grunt and sweat.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Fluxxdog
Farting Nudist
Member # 3786

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2005 08:27 AM      Profile for Fluxxdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope that works out for you.

Back to the topic, anyone trade across series? Such as trading a Kadabra to Gold to evolve it AND teach it Thunder Punch, just to trade it back. I remember causing all sorts of hell at a tournament with that one ^^

- - - - -
Fluxxdog

Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2005 09:57 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Old stuff

Maybe if I made my post ten paragraphs long like everyone else it may have attracted more attention, but I still think it's the most logical thing stated there.

As for these days, last I knew, online tournies disallow moves learned from G/S/C.

Fluxxdog
Farting Nudist
Member # 3786

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2005 02:54 PM      Profile for Fluxxdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link, Fish!

- - - - -
Fluxxdog

Kingler
Farting Nudist
Member # 2316

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2005 03:27 PM      Profile for Kingler   Email Kingler   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always thought if you were able and it's legal it's cool. I did give heads up to opponents when using tradeback moves online. It didn't come up that ofter though. Old news now. The first one I traded back was an Amnesia Nidoking though.

- - - - -
arise chicken, arise

From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fluxxdog
Farting Nudist
Member # 3786

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2005 06:40 PM      Profile for Fluxxdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My whole problem that day was my Mindbender (Alakazam) with a Thunder Punch. As soon as a used it, the ref tried to disqualify me. The rules specifically stated only moves the pokemon could learn naturally or from TMs. Since it never restricted us to moves only learnable in RBY, I traded one to Gold, taught him Thunder Punch, and traded back. I mean, I proved he could learn the move without sharking. The ref couldn't disqualify me for it in the end, but a bunch of people called me a cheater. That prompted a big middle finger as I took second place.

Of course, they never knew I sharked everything else ^^ Hey! As long as it looks legal...

- - - - -
Fluxxdog

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.