The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » PokéMon Red Team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PokéMon Red Team
Kalachoe
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3617

Rate Member
posted 08-17-2004 02:47 PM      Profile for Kalachoe   Author's Homepage   Email Kalachoe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My task is to contruct a working and a good team for competitive battling on all my PokéMon versions...
I am currently working on my Red and so far have made this up and some improvements from IGN...
NOTE: I do NOT want replacements - This is my CURRENT team.

Pikachu - Raichu
~ Thunderwave
~ Thunderbolt
~ Reflect
~ Body Slam
--> [I'll evolve Eevee later and train a Jolteon later - But it will not replace him]

Parasect
~ Spore
~ Swords Dance
~ Body Slam
~ Leech Life [!]
--> Leech Life has the worst issues on this set - I need a worthy replacement. Im considering Substitute and Mega Drain.

Blastoise
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
--> [i]My starter, Pretty standard i suppose?

Fearow
~ Drill Peck
~ Hyper Beam
~ Peck [!]
~ Mirror Move [!]
--> Need worthy replacements

Growlithe - Arcanine
~ Flamethrower
~ Dig
~ Agility [!]
~ Takedown [!]
--> I have been told Hyper Beam.. Just need one more

I also have a Drowzee and a Kadabra and have not fully trained those - So this is my team so far.

Note that i have access to Silver, Blue version and EVERY Technical Machine 1-50.

Thankyou - Please help.

Edit:- Curse BB Code. [u] (underline) does not want to work. Ahhh UBB Code [Roll Eyes]
Ahh Yes Donald - I am Improfane [Smile] [Razz]

[ 08-17-2004, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Kalachoe ]

From: A community where we discipline ego ass munchers... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 08-24-2004 12:29 AM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It really depends on what you have available, and where the fight will take place. Some moves are different in every environment (Stadium, Gameboy, PBS).

Pikachu - Raichu
~ Thunderwave
~ Thunderbolt
~ Reflect
~ Body Slam

If you can, get Surf from Stadium or a game-altering device. Put it over either reflect or body slam (personally, I'd choose reflect).

Parasect
~ Spore
~ Swords Dance
~ Body Slam
~ Leech Life [!]
The only use for Leech Life was in the "Paracyrax" combo. The combo was: spore enemy, sub, dance up, and use leech life to heal yourself. Body Slam will almost always do more damage, unless you're hitting a 4x weak monster like the "Egg".

If you aren't planning to use this combo (you'd be hard pressed to if the sleep clause was in effect), then just scrap leech life and go with dig or mega drain. If sleep clause is in effect, you'll probably only get one shot the entire duel to put a monster asleep, at which point you'll take one of your 2 maximum hits (on average). So it's best you just use this as a one time sleep platform, and have the moves as a simple backup in case it has to fight (which it shouldn't if possible).

Blastoise
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf

Try Blizzard over Ice Beam. 90% accuracy rocks, and you'll love the extra power when trying to weaken the Egg.

Body Slam is mostly useless, but I see little alternative to it (perhaps Substitute on Stadium, since it rocks there).

Fearow
~ Drill Peck
~ Hyper Beam
~ Peck [!]
~ Mirror Move [!]

Go Double Edge over Peck. Keep Mirror Move. Even though it sucks most of the time, sometimes you can Mirror a Recover or T-Wave. Substitute might also be a good choice if you play on Stadium.

Growlithe - Arcanine
~ Flamethrower
~ Dig
~ Agility [!]
~ Takedown [!]

Body Slam over Takedown for sure. Par rocks (and 30% comes around an awful lot). I'd also put Fire Blast over Flamethrower, but that's just me. The extra power can help it do much damage to a lot of things, even Rock types (not the fossils mind you). Agility can actually help a bit, it can act as a quasi-Thunder Wave. As for the Hyper Beam suggestion... I guess it wouldn't be that bad, but most of the time you probably wouldn't use it (especially if on Stadium).

There... hopefully I helped at least some.

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rockman
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3733

Rate Member
posted 10-20-2004 09:29 AM      Profile for Rockman   Email Rockman   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pikachu - Raichu
~ Thunderwave
~ Thunderbolt
~ Reflect
~ Body Slam
-I'll remove T-wave, 'cause bodyslam & T-bolt can paralize the enemy..., reflect is a good addition to pika, 'cause it has a sucky defense
try to get surf for it, it can give u a very good advantage, and if u can't get surf, double team is a good option too

Parasect
~ Spore
~ Swords Dance
~ Body Slam
~ Leech Life [!]
personally, i prefer the diggers to kick some fires out there (but this guy can't handle very often those fire guys): dig instead leech life

Blastoise
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
- think about the stat changes in this blastoise, & what u want to do... body slam is a good option, but this blastoise is too much average... (my toise got haze, hpump, icebeam, submission)

Fearow
~ Drill Peck
~ Hyper Beam
~ Peck [!]
~ Mirror Move [!]
-u should consider to exchange Hbeam to double edge, and put some reflect for rocks
mirror move is an good option, but peck?, what are u thinkin'?, put there drill peck!

Growlithe - Arcanine
~ Flamethrower
~ Dig
~ Agility [!]
~ Takedown [!]
-remove takedown, and put bodyslam. also u may consider remove agility, for reflect (this guy needs defense after all)

- - - - -
[img]http://galeon.com/rokkuman/myparty.bmp[/img]

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2004 12:23 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nice selection of monsters you got there.

Like the others said for Pika/Raichu, Surf is really what makes this guy useful. If you can't get Surf, use Jolteon with:
-T-bolt
-T-wave
-Focus Energy
-Pin Missile

Parasect: He can't last long enough in serious play, but if you're not worried about playing online and are just raising a Stadium team or something, try something to this effect:
-Spore
-Stun Spore
-Slash
-Mega Drain
He can't last incredibly long for a Swords Dance set-up. Just try to sleep someone, and then cripple as much as possible with Stun Spore.

Blastoise: There are better water types out there, but if you insist on using him:
-Surf
-Blizard
-Body Slam
-Earthquake/Substitute

Other good water types are Lapras, Starmie, Slowbro, Vaporeon, Cloyster, and to an extent, Poliwrath and Gyarados.

Growlithe: Like Blastoise, there are better selections for a Pokemon instead of Growlithe/Arcanine. I only say that because Arcanine has pretty cruddy TM selection. Here's what I can tell you for Arcanine:
-Fire Blast
-Substitute
-Agility/Reflect/Mimic
-Body Slam
or
-Fire Blast
-Leer
-Body Slam
-Hyper Beam
Fire types are fun, but not incredibly useful. But if you insist on using one, you can look to Moltres or Flaroen for brute power. You can look to Charizard or Magmar for wide move selection. Rapidash is sort of like Arcanine in that he has one or two good stats, but low TM compatability. Ninetales is an extremely well-rounded fire type, and I recommend him over Arcanine, but it's your call. If you really want to know move sets, just ask.

As for a final pokemon, I'd say use Hypno over Alakazam. Zam is definitely superior in terms of usage and staying power, but for originality and fun, go Hypno:
- Psychic, Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Reflect/Hypnosis
-Thunder Wave, Meditate, Headbutt, Psychic/Substitute
-Substitute, Flash, Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss/Psychic

Hope this helped you. Any questions, let me know.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.