The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » RMT

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RMT
Radikaal
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3526

Rate Member
posted 10-01-2003 08:36 PM      Profile for Radikaal   Email Radikaal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zapdos
-Thunderbolt
-Drill Peck
-Rest
-Thunderwave

Start off with Twave, Dpeck and Tbolt w/stab yum, rest when necessary.

Blastoise
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Bodyslam
-Earthquake

Surf because of STAB, Ice beam and EQ to defend its weaknesses, bodyslam for fun.

Hypno
-Psychic
-Body Slam
-Rest
-Thunderwave

Twave first,then go with either bodyslam or psychic. Rest when low on HP.

Tauros
-Hyper Beam
-Blizzard
-Body Slam
-Earthquake

Standard.

Dragonite
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Double Edge

Tbolt for water types, Ice beam for ground/rock types, double edge because of its awesome attack. Don't know what to replace Fire Blast with, though. Suggestions?

Golem
-Explosion
-Double Team
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Explosion for when low on HP, RS and EQ for stab... and yes, yes, DT is risky on Golem, but man o man is this thing hard to take down when it has pulled it off completely.

1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2003 12:22 AM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just a few comments. My RB skills have grown rusty over the last year or so...

Zapdos and Blastoise look good to me. They're kinda standard, but that's OK, because they work well. I've always been against starting Zapdos, but hey...it works as well as anything I guess.

A Hypno! Score! Hypno was often found on my Blue cartridge teams. My moveset was similar, but I used Seismic Toss instead of Body Slam. You already have T-Wave for paralysis. S-Toss will give you set level-damage on just about any Pokemon, regardless of their DEF stat. Think it over.

Tauros is mostly standard, like you said.

On Dragonite, consider Thunder Wave if you really don't want Fire Blast. I've also seen Hyper Beam and Surf. Dragonite has a good amount of room for creativity.

Golem was another mainstay on my Blue teams. I never used Double Team on mine though. Golem could lose a ton/all of its HP setting up the DT, and without a recovery move, there's really no way to get that back. I think I had Body Slam on mine in place of DT. At least this way, I could try a Body Slam on a switch, and hope for paralysis before I switch out. I love Explosion on this guy...it's so funny to Explode in the face of an Alakazam.

On a side note, I don't really sense any type of team theme here, chemistry. I bet it handles pretty well though. Good luck.

- - - - -
Why does everyone hate Cloyster?

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Radikaal
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3526

Rate Member
posted 10-02-2003 01:38 AM      Profile for Radikaal   Email Radikaal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, Seismic Toss... I had a couple of different sets for my Hypno and I guess I forgot about STossing Hypno... Maybe I'll try Hyper Beam on Draggy. Thanks for the rate! [Smile]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.