The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Evasion Actions (Rate My Team, Please)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Evasion Actions (Rate My Team, Please)
Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3382

Member Rated:
posted 06-11-2003 01:21 PM      Profile for Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Author's Homepage   Email Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I made this team on the PBS, and it ripped a hold in my friend's team. Course, his team sucks, but that doesn't matter.

VENOMOTH

Psychic / Sleep Powder / Mega Drain / Toxic

He's the first to use Toxic. If needed, SP instead. Psychic and Mega Drain deal good damage.

EXEGGUTOR

Mega Drain / Leech Seed / Sleep Powder / Psychic

I love this thing. Leech for healing, Sleep for stoping anything that poses a risk.

CHANSEY

Minimize / Softboiled / Toxic / Seismic Toss

Standard, in my town. Minimize til the cows come home, Softboiled to heal, and Toxic. Speed up the death with Seismic Toss.

JOLTEON

Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave / Reflect / Double Team

Jolteon Kills. It's obvious what you do, so I'll just move on.

ARTICUNO

Ice Beam / Fly / Double Team / Bubblebeam

Comes in after Toxic has been placed, and stalls. D-Team+Fly=Annoyance.

FLAREON

Flamethrower / Toxic / Double Team / Double Edge

What can I say? I like D-Team and Toxic.

I don't wanna use Snorlax. Other than that, feel free to change Pokemon.

From: Deep within Viridian Forest | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Azdara2
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3325

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2003 10:55 AM      Profile for Azdara2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is what i think

VENOMOTH

He's the first to use Toxic. If needed, SP instead. Psychic and Mega Drain deal good damage.

good but weak to the stronget type in the game , psychic

EXEGGUTOR

I love this thing. Leech for healing, Sleep for stoping anything that poses a risk.

very strong ok

CHANSEY

Standard, in my town. Minimize til the cows come home, Softboiled to heal, and Toxic. Speed up the death with Seismic Toss.

i allways have a hitmonlee or machamp in my squad so chansey is googd, its attack is bad as is the speed and defence

JOLTEON

speedy strong and good looking so a great choice

ARTICUNO

Comes in after Toxic has been placed, and stalls.

if fly is 2 turn then replace it with sky attack or razor wind but great in other places

FLAREON

rid the fire and put a psychic that knows fire moves and you will be good
i suggest a mewtwo with psychic
hyper beam
flamethrower
thunder bolt

I don't wanna use Snorlax. Other than that, feel free to change Pokemon.

Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3382

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2003 01:53 PM      Profile for Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Author's Homepage   Email Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First off, why should I get rid of Flareon and add another Psychic when I have Exeggutor? Mewtwo? Why would I use the cheapest thing in R/Y/B in my team?
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 06-16-2003 11:56 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Azdara2:
this is what i think

VENOMOTH

good but weak to the stronget type in the game , psychic - no kidding. but this is a starter, the only psychic starters you'll see are possibly Kazam's and the occasional Jynx. Starters normally paralyze, NOT attack (Psychic) the opponent.

EXEGGUTOR

very strong ok - not bad, but Sleep Powder w/ Leech Seed just causes people to switch out, thereby losing the Leech Seed.

CHANSEY

i allways have a hitmonlee or machamp in my squad so chansey is googd, its attack is bad as is the speed and defence - what does Hitmonlee or Machamp have ANYTHING to do with Chansey except Machamp wiping the floor with Chansey? And besides, who cares if its Attack stat is bad... it would never use any physical attacks anyway!

JOLTEON

speedy strong and good looking so a great choice - just beware of anything that has good defenses and can kill you in 1 or 2 hits. also, you've probably noticed but you're still screwed against a Ground type once it gets that 1 hit in through the DTs.

ARTICUNO

Comes in after Toxic has been placed, and stalls.

if fly is 2 turn then replace it with sky attack or razor wind but great in other places - umm...yea. this is what pisses me off the most. WHO CARES IF FLY IS A 2-TURN ATTACK!!! you're practically invincible the first turn, which, in essence, turns it into a 1-turn attack. WHY CHOOSE SKY ATTACK OR RAZOR WIND??? They both leave you a sitting duck for a turn, unlike Fly. Back to the rate: if you want a staller, Rest is probably a better option over Bubblebeam here.

FLAREON

rid the fire and put a psychic that knows fire moves and you will be good
i suggest a mewtwo with psychic
hyper beam
flamethrower
thunder bolt
- Mew2 does NOT learn Flamethrower, only Fire Blast, so screw that option. Not to mention a Mew2 without Amnesia AND Recover is a DEAD Mew2. Why rid the Fire type? This team needs it against Grass and Ice types that many of the other pokes are weak against (well, not so much the Grass, but the Ice type, which only Jolt is capable of taking out effectively [that is, IF the Ice type is part Water])

I don't wanna use Snorlax. Other than that, feel free to change Pokemon. - OK, no Snorlax. Check

OK, I'm just getting a bit tired of people rating teams who think they know what they're doing, such as trying to convince people to use Razor Wind (Sky Attack to a lesser degree), or trying to give out M2 sets that don't live up to its full potential. My gawd, if you wanna be a pr0le and praise M2, at least give it a good set.

Anyway, about the team itself. Just the obvious: beware Hazers, Swifters, stallers, and all that good junk. And the fact that Toxic and Sleep Powder DO contradict each other (although both DO force switches).. beware battling people who swear by Sleep clause as well (who are the large majority).

[ 06-17-2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Turbo X ]

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 06-17-2003 11:22 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master:
First off, why should I get rid of Flareon and add another Psychic when I have Exeggutor? Mewtwo? Why would I use the cheapest thing in R/Y/B in my team?

Because Mewtwo's lethal when used correctly (fortunately, it's not by most n00bs). But yes, Mew2 IS cheap (no matter what anyone else says).

Looking back, the team probably needs a Water, or at least some kind of Water move. Venomoth, Eggy, and Cuno all fall to a Fire type, or something with a Fire move and a high Special.
The Water type/move would also help take care of the 2 Ground weaknesses as well.

Also 3 weaknesses to Rock; Venomoth and Flareon's are 2x. Cuno's is 4x.. HOWEVER, most of the ones who learn Rock Slide are Ground (which would be weak to Ice Beam), and Fighting (which would be weak to Fly). The only one you'd have to worry about is Snorlax, who usually doesn't carry Rock Slide anyway.

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3382

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2003 01:45 PM      Profile for Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Author's Homepage   Email Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm.......alright. I'll mess around with the movesets and get back to you.
moogleman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1017

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2003 04:44 PM      Profile for moogleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel that need to point out that the Mewtwo suggested by that guy is illegal. Mewtwo cannot get Flamethrower in RBY.
From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2003 06:10 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Technically, it's not [i]illegal[/b], because Mewtwo can get Flamethrower in Crystal. But most people don't allows tradebacks in battles, so your point stands.

Of course, most people don't allow Mewtwo in battles, either...

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2003 09:04 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by me:
[i]illegal[/b]

Hah, I am teh smart.
TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 06-18-2003 09:23 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm no RBY expert, but why the hell do you have Toxic on your team?

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3382

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2003 07:31 PM      Profile for Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Author's Homepage   Email Dextrose, The Sugary Bug Master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because Toxic is a great move.....why? What do you see wrong with Toxic?
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 06-19-2003 10:36 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
umm..probably the fact that Toxic reverts back to normal poison status if the opponent switches out, which often happens when you get Toxicked. GSC helped a little bit when they added Mean Look. RuSa helped alot because Toxic works like Toxic again even when they switch back in (although the amount of damage restarts again)

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.