The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Speed team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Speed team
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2002 09:12 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A team of fast pokes, so they usually get the first hit, plus the CH ratio is based on speed in chromatics.

Jynx
Lovely kiss
blizzard
psychic
reflect

Standard sleep starter, I think. Reflect for extra defense.

Jolteon
T-bolt
T-wave
FE
Reflect

I would be using pin missile, but it's bugged on azure PBS, isn't it?

Dugtrio
earthquake
slash
rock slide/sub
fissure

Pretty much standard duggy, although it's a shame he doesn't have better attack.

Tauros
Body slam
Earthquake
Blizzard
Hyper beam

Standard

Alakazam
Psychic
recover
T-wave
sub

My alakazam of choice, especially since I usually just battle on azure PBS.

Starmie
Surf
T-bolt/Blizzard
T-wave
recover

Standard again.

Rate plz.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
pikachu2002
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2829

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 03:55 AM      Profile for pikachu2002     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm a big fan of speed teams so I thought I'd make this one the first team ever for me to rate.

A team of fast pokes, so they usually get the first hit, plus the CH ratio is based on speed in chromatics.

Jynx:
Lovely kiss
blizzard
psychic
reflect

Standard sleep starter, I think. Reflect for extra defense.

This one looks good to me.

Jolteon:
T-bolt
T-wave
FE
Reflect

I would be using pin missile, but it's bugged on azure PBS, isn't it?

I've got this setup on my Jolteon, with the same problems. [Big Grin]

Dugtrio:
earthquake
slash
rock slide/sub
fissure

Pretty much standard duggy, although it's a shame he doesn't have better attack.

I can't ever get Subtatute to work on him myself and Rock Slide doesn't quite knock off Articuno, so maybe stick with Rock Slide just in case you critical or use Sand Attack? The rest looks great.

Tauros:
Body slam
Earthquake
Blizzard
Hyper beam

Standard

I like it, but because you already have two posible Blizzarders, Substatute can make this guy a tank. But thats only if you wanna keep Blizzard on Starmie.

Alakazam:
Psychic
recover
T-wave
sub

My alakazam of choice, especially since I usually just battle on azure PBS.

You may also look at using Seismic Toss or Reflect 'coz you already have Thunder Wave to keep your speed. I surgest reflect 'coz while I was battleing someone with my Snorlax my Bodyslam couldn't bring it down before Alakazam recovered. [Mad]

Starmie:
Surf
T-bolt/Blizzard
T-wave
recover

Standard again.

Thunderbolt > Blizzard in my oppinion on Starmie, it makes him more useful than waiting for someone to bring out a Exeggutor. Even if they do the rest of your team shouldn't have too much trouble cleaning one up expecially if you choose to use both Substatute and Blizzard on Tauros and forsake Hyperbeam??.

Rate plz.

Hope I've been a help.

Azdara2
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3325

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2003 02:40 PM      Profile for Azdara2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!

but u should know that electric pokemon have the greatest speed but electrode is the fastest on r/b/y teach it the right moves and it is dangerous since a lv 100 electrode will always go first unless the opponment uses quick attack and that only happenes once in a blue moon

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2003 08:54 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my eyes

the goggles do nothing

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2003 08:14 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
5 for CinnamonRub
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 04-27-2003 11:02 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Azdara2:
excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!

but u should know that electric pokemon have the greatest speed but electrode is the fastest on r/b/y teach it the right moves and it is dangerous since a lv 100 electrode will always go first unless the opponment uses quick attack and that only happenes once in a blue moon

Electric pokemon AS A WHOLE are the fastest. Each individual is different though. Electrode is the fastest, yes, but he can't take damage from anything physical for crap. Jolteon is the 2nd fastest, and has a bit better moves, hence the reason that it is in that team. Other than that, the 3rd fastest Electric is Electabuzz with a speed of 308. EVERY member of that team besides Jynx has a FASTER speen than 'Buzz.

The main point is that using a team of all Electrics just for their speed is a bunch of crap, and this team would rip right through them... so EXCUSE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Use some punctuation once in a while, and only a string of exclamation points won't cut it.

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Azdara2
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3325

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 10:56 AM      Profile for Azdara2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TURBO X

USING THE BOX TRICK(FIGHT 100 BATTLES OR SO, PUT POKEMON FIGHTING BATTLES IN BOX AND WITHDRAW AGAIN)GIVES THE POKEMON THAT I USE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSES SO THERE

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 05-07-2003 10:27 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bad night, pissed at parents, sorry.

Anyway, in the best words I can, almost everyone knows about the Box Trick, ok? Sorry, but that just doesn't give you any real advantage. Just look at the MAX stats on this site, and you will find out that all Electric types aren't the fastest, only some of them. Magneton's speed is pretty average actually.

P.S. Me <3 Jynx. She's just so damn awesome as a leadoff.

[ 05-08-2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Turbo X ]

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 05-18-2003 07:33 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Magneton is as fast as a rock and as quick as a box.
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.