The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Announcing: Retro team week event

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Announcing: Retro team week event
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2002 12:38 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been a while since most of us played RBY, I'm sure. In a desperate attempt to make us all relive the excitement and joy of RBY, I hereby announce the Retro team week event.

The idea is that we all start playing RBY on the same day, then after a week, we all post the current best teams we have managed to train. However, do not try to make it a standard team. This is not a contest.

Just play through the game, then after a week, post your team, preferrably with a background story that explains why you chose the pokémon you did. Don't clone TM's, don't do tradebacks. You can use Dodrio mode if you want to, but it's not really necessary to have a team of full L100's. We'll do this for fun.

Before I start it though, I'd like to see whether there is interest or not. All of you who would like to participate, please reply to this message. Any comments/suggestions that you feel would improve the event is also appreciated.

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2002 12:33 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I'll participate, I might as well. One thing: can we clone Master Balls? I hate catching Chanseys, I false swiped one down to 1 HP in Silver and couldn't catch it. Really ticked me off.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2002 05:34 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jshadias:
One thing: can we clone Master Balls?

No. [Big Grin] If you want to have a chansey in your team, you'll need to work for it, just as you had to when you played the game the first time. (I assume you didn't know about cloning then)
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2002 05:28 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The game was friggin easy the first time... and the time after that... and the time after that... I never did catch a Chansey though XD

- - - - -
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2002 01:35 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uh... No one else besides jshadias who is interested? Two people seems a little to... little.
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2002 02:44 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meh. One actually. I'm too busy working on my RPG and the other program, now that I can finally work on stuff on my own computer. Sorry. But for all you people who like RBY, there's going to be a special thing just for you guys in my RPG (and for the GSC people once Advance comes out).

- - - - -

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2002 05:20 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well... At least I tried.
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2002 09:28 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually played through my Red game recently. Wigglytuff kicked the crap out of Giovanni twice, and a combination of Lapras and Articuno pwned the Elite 4.

Life was good.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 07:58 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm playing Blue again. At first I was going to play Yellow, but remembered you can't get Koffing. Then I decided just to trade a Koffing from GS, but I'm still going to play Blue. I'm going to try to beat the entire game with Koffing, Wigglytuff, Oddish, Blastoise, Hitmonlee, and Psyduck. Wish me luck, and lots of it.

- - - - -

PKMN Master FRAZZE
Farting Nudist
Member # 2404

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2002 03:37 AM      Profile for PKMN Master FRAZZE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I played through my Blue version last week, it only took me 2 days to beat the elite4 and catch Mewtwo. Though, I did use dodou mode.

- - - - -
What's the use of the truth if you can't tell a lie?

From: Why the fuck do you care? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2002 03:58 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd be obliged to join, seeing as I just erased my Blue version clean, so I can start whenever anyone else is ready.
From: I'm not sure... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2002 05:28 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm playing pretty slowly. After two days of not playing much at all, I'm almost through Mt. Moon. Ever try to catch a L3 Jigglypuff that only knows sing with a L16 Wartortle? That's why I have a L4 Rattata [Smile] Not to mention a Pidgey to Sand Attack SIX TIMES. Also not to mention that it refused to be caught several times. Not to mention that the only way of further lowering it's HP safely is with Poison Powder on a Koffing that either won't obey or uses Tackle 90% of the time, which would KO it. I got EXTREMELY lucky after about 30 turns total and managed to poison it. 30 turns for a L3 Jigglypuff...

- - - - -

Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2002 08:13 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Starting at 7:30 tonight, I began the game. Starting with my Charmander, Ashes, I leveled up to L12 and delivered Oak's Parcel. When I got the ability to catch Pokémon, I ran off to Route 22 and caught myself a Spearow---which I named Fearless. Leveling him up to L12, I went into Viridian Forest. Catching a Pikachu within five minutes of entry, naming him Shocker, and raising him too to L12, I have just entered Pewter City. Game Play Time: 1:54 (Dodrio Mode!)
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2002 03:37 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Explain to me how you're going to beat Brock with those Pokemon. Though, I used to pride myself on being able to beat Brock using only a Charmander and a L2 Rattata which grew 4 levels at the end.

- - - - -

Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2002 04:41 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well then, I've already finished the game, all birds and Mewtwo secured, in 19:59. I have Dodrio mode, and I whupped Brock with about twenty Embers and 3 Potions. I took a liking to the Eevee I picked up in Celadon, and raised it by hand to level 97. It was Vaporeon since I got it, and it's moves are...

Bite (maybe Body Slam)
Ice Beam
Surf
Haze (For confusion)

Aurora (my Vaporeon) finished off the E4 on her own. (I checked in Oak's Lab, all my Pokémon but Vaporeon are Male.)

Her DVs are very high. I think HP: 14
Attack, Defense, Speed- They are all the same... dunno.
Special is high as well.

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2002 12:07 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's the fun in Dodrio mode? Isn't this whole thing about having fun playing the game?

- - - - -

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2002 07:37 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are responsible for keeping me up until six in the morning (note time of post) playing an outdated, overrated, unbalanced game with all blue graphics. I WANT REVENGE!!! And BTW, you get a five.

- - - - -

Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2002 08:08 AM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Explain to me how you're going to beat Brock with those Pokemon.

In my Yellow version I beat Brock with Pikachu :P

And, me being ignorant, what is Dodrio Mode?

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

Chrisodeo
Farting Nudist
Member # 2855

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2002 11:54 PM      Profile for Chrisodeo   Author's Homepage   Email Chrisodeo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dodrio mode is on Stadium 1 and 2. It lets you play thru the gameboy game at triple speed. With some parts though, you need the fine-tuning of normal-speed though.

- - - - -
1) Get hit by a car.
2) Sue.
(It's OK if you don't survive step 1, at least your money problems will be over) - Footitch

Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2002 03:38 PM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I restarted Yellow two days ago XD. Current team:

Raticate (Tarin, male)
Super Fang
Body Slam
Thunderbolt
Focus Energy

Pidgeot (Hawk, female)
Double-Edge
Fly
Sand Attack
Agility

Gyarados (Tyrant, also female)
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Body Slam

Charizard (Inferno, male)
Flamethrower
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Leer

Alakazam (Hikari, male)
Psychic
Seismic Toss
Reflect
Recover

Nidoking (Rex, male)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunderbolt
Leer

Nyar X3

- - - - -
Piss off not the kittens, lest they claw your balls off.

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Professor Karen Casey
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3679

Rate Member
posted 07-08-2004 05:34 AM      Profile for Professor Karen Casey   Author's Homepage   Email Professor Karen Casey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! Can I join? I love training up pokemon and have mananged 2 complete yellow in under 24 hrs before now!
Thanks,
Cyabye,
Professor Karen Casey
www.pokefamily.co.uk (Webmaster)

- - - - -
Professor Karen Casey

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2004 01:50 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lolwtf

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 07-12-2004 04:22 AM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Pokes Professor Karen Casey in a god-like manner*

A bit late are we...? [Wink]

And also, you may want to update the content on your site:

"Get Sapasaur Charcolt and Rainer

Give Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastois the Mist Stone"

There are exactly 256 slots occupied by pokemon. 151 of them are the ones you see normally. 1 is named 'M. The remainder are Missingno. And the "mist stone" is a Fire Stone that has been renamed through gameshark.

And...

"Go To Johto

In order to be able to go to Johto in Red/Blue version, when you get HM01 go to a trainer and lose on purpose (you will lose half of your money but its worth it). Next teach a level 100 Machamp strength and put it with your team of 6 (or 5, 4, 3, 2, 1). Then get all 151 pokemon. Go to the S.S. Anne but do NOT go inside along the short path, go to the left and walk around to the truck. Go to the front of it and push it there will be a hole do NOT go in it. First go back around to Vermillion City, and deposit all of your items. Now go to the hole and jump in (do NOT deposit your items before you push the truck). Now jump in the hole. You will be in JOHTO."

Ahhh the old truck code... first Mew was under there, then Mew was under the SS Anne, then Mew was in the Power Plant and you had to walk around trying to find the rock he was in, and if you didn't find it in 30 seconds, you had to start over... *sniff* brings back old memories... [Frown]

(And then, Mew ended up being obtainable via a trick just like the above... ahhh irony...)

"Give an Ultra Ball the Same Properties as a Master Ball

When you use an ultra ball simply hold down "B" and press "Left","Right" consecutively. Now it should have the same properties as a master at 1,200 each as many as you want. "

While hitting buttons does seem to have an effect, it hardly makes it into a master ball. And I believe that simply hitting B when the ball opens has the same effect as mashing all of the buttons.

"Or use the great ball abra cannot escape from that!!!"

I bet you 100000 P he can [PBJ Time!]

"Have 2 Pikachu's (Very unlikely to work!)

After catching a Pikachu in the Viridian forest go out of the forest and come back again and search the same place you find the old Pikachu in and you can find a LvL:3 Pikachu so you can have 2 pikachu's."

If it's very unlikely to work, then it's probably random chance that ever made it "work".

Sorry, didn't mean to narc on you. I'm bored. The fact that I even posted here should tell you that, heh

And also, RBY forever

[ 07-12-2004, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Pokegod ]

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.