The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Kabuto Archaeological Society   » Newb Tournement, Team Rate

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newb Tournement, Team Rate
The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2002 09:16 AM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coming to a birthday party for my sister and myself are a whole bunch of snotty, think-they-know-it-all sharkers from my sister's class that only use Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, and Ho-oh. I not sure if I should be worried or not because these kids:
-don't know half the GS pokemon
-there's no more pokemon than 250
-the only shiny is Gyarados, the rest are just coloured
-the coloured pokemon are the strongest
-Fire Punch is the strongest fire type move
-Master Balls rock almost as much as Rare Candy
-Mewtwo is the pokemon everyone should havce along with 5 other Lugia.
-Stregth and Swift rock
I think our teams may need a fix-up incase we run into 2 Mewtwo a Mew and 3 Scizors with Aeroblast, Swift, Crunch and Fire Blast. . . [Razz]
My sister's Red team first, this is what she has.
Charizard-Flamethrower, Earthquake, Rest, Double Team.
Alakazam-Psychic, Recover, Reflect, Sesmic Toss
Dugtrio-Earthquake, Rock slide, Slash, Fissure
Raichu-Thunder wave, Thunderbolt, Submission, Body Slam
Gyarados-Thunder, Blizzard, Stregnth, Surf
Articuno-Ice Beam, Substittude, Double Team, Rest

My sister's Blue team is next:
Venusaur-Razor Leaf, Mega drain, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed
Electrode-Thunderbolt, Explosion, Screech, Thunder Wave
Laprus-Surf, Rest, Body Slam,Ice Beam
Moltres-Fire Blast, Sky Attack, Agility, Rest
Persian-Slash, Thunder, Ice Beam, Screech
Golem-Substitude, Rest, Rock Slide, Earthquake

Shall I move this topic somewhere else or shall I make a new topic in the GSC forum, because I guess
my team needs something too.

- - - - -
It's too hard to think of a signature.

From: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2002 09:47 AM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Purple Lanturn:
I should be worried or not because these kids:

I thought this was your sister's team [Roll Eyes]
Why must you turn this place into a house of lies

- - - - -
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2002 01:53 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, I'm talking about my oppnents, ya know, the Lugia hugging ones, not my sisters, if that's what you're wondering about. Shall I word it more carefuly so you may understand it better, or did I clear everything up here?

- - - - -

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 04-22-2002 12:38 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My goal in life is to make snot nosed brats bawl! I wouldn't mind more info, such as what's available, like TMs, alternate Pokemon, etc.
quote:

Charizard-
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rest
Double Team
Well, if they're as stupid as you say, they won't even know why they're missing! Crackshot Mewtwo's with Thunder or Blizzard might be something to worry about though.

Alakazam-
Psychic
Recover
Reflect
Sesmic Toss
Yeah this is probably good. Twave would be nice though.

Dugtrio-
Earthquake
Rock slide
Slash
Fissure

I'd say lead with this, and go for fissure, but again, the damn Mewtwo's will probably just nail it before it even gets a shot off.

Raichu-
Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
Submission
Body Slam
Surf over submission, but you probably would've already if you could, heh

Gyarados-
Thunder
Blizzard
Stregnth
Surf
T-bolt over Thunder and you're golden. Hopefully a TM 24 is available! Body slam over Strength too if you can.

Articuno-
Ice Beam
Substittude
Double Team
Rest

This is probably your best bet so far at beating Mewtwo. Likely they'll go for Fire blast or Thunder and miss because of DT mixed with their crap accuracy. Get a Sub up behind some DTs ASAP!

Over all, this team could use a ground type, and something to defend against ice and electric attacks. A ground type like Rhydon or Golem would be a great addition, as many teams will likely carry Zap/Art/Mol along with Mewtwo and Mew. Par them, then switch in when you get the chance and nail them with Rock Slide.

As for M2, a Chansey or Snorlax would be your best bet. Molly nut bomb or amnesia lax should be able to take care of M2, and the rest of the team with it! And if M2 is stupid enough to use submission, just keep soft boiling/resting until its dead from recoil!

Venusaur-
Razor Leaf
Mega drain
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Got Body slam or Double edge? Put one of those over Mega Drain if you can. Even TakeDown might work. Or, hey! You could do a Benedict style strat and put sub over it instead!

Electrode-
Thunderbolt
Explosion
Screech
Thunder Wave

Against M2, T-wave, screech, splode, clean up with next poke. Should work

Laprus-
Surf
Rest
Body Slam
Ice Beam

Get Tbolt over Surf if you can. Consider Confuse Ray also over Body Slam.

Moltres-
Fire Blast
Sky Attack
Agility
Rest

I'd recommend the same set or a similar one as Articuno.

Persian-
Slash
Thunder
Ice Beam
Screech

You mean bubble beam, not ice beam, right? Replace Thunder with Body Slam or Hyper Beam I guess, otherwise screech is just sitting there. There really isn't any use for anything besides Slash and Bubble Beam...

Golem-
Substitude
Rest
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Explosion over Rest if you can. This can be used to heavily damage or kill Mewtwo if nessesary. You can also par and weaken Mewtwo with 1 Pokemon and then finish it off with a Golem EQ.

This team looks stronger. I'd say put a Chansey or Snorlax over Persian or Moltres to strengthen your ability to defend against special attacks. You need a bit more par support, so probably go with Chansey. An Alakazam with T-wave wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Is this on Stadium or Gameboy?

Hopefully you've duped your TMs and items with the Missingno. trick, so you can make changes more easily.

If they use Rare candies, their Pokemon probably have crappy stats. These brats probably don't even use HP UP, Carbos, Calcium, etc, so you can beat them by shear attrition! Charizard with 184 attack anyone?

GL, you probably will only need it if you have to go up against 6 M2s, in which case you should use 6 chanseys! Mwahaha

[ 04-22-2002, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Pokegod ]

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2002 05:43 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
post the log after you battle

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2002 06:12 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I will. Thank you you for your time. Incase you are wondering, it's on gameboy. I will have trouble getting Thunderwave and Body Slam and Thunderbolt because there is about 1 or 2 of them to go between 6 games.

Would it be customary to move this from Oymanyte Historical Foundation to Azure Arena 'cause my team needs a really big fix-up, or shall I make another topic, so things would be less annoying, if they are?

- - - - -

Golem & Kirby
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3027

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2002 09:25 PM      Profile for Golem & Kirby   Author's Homepage   Email Golem & Kirby   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Use five Electrodes and one Chansey! Things will go easy, unless they have a gameshark code that makes them invincable!
From: The Mountains Where Ice Climbers, Golem, and Goron live. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2002 01:52 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your lucky TPL. At least you don't have friends who put cut over body slam.
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2002 08:45 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BUT BODYSLAM ISNT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 CUT ROXORS YOUR BOXORS!!!!!!!!!111111111 AND MEWTWO KICKS YOUR ASS WITH WATERGUN MWAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

J Man Cool
Farting Nudist
Member # 2099

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2002 11:08 AM      Profile for J Man Cool   Email J Man Cool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*slaps jshadias slightly hard against a table a few thousand times.*

Who says that therapists don't give good advice?

- - - - -
bagels

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.